VoLTE not working after June patch

VoLTE is not working on the latest security update of June month. Please fix it Nokia as soon as possible.

VoLTE not working after June patch

devesh devesh
 /  edited July 3

VoLTE is not working on the latest security update of June month. Please fix it Nokia as soon as possible.

Comments

• user1525328334548 user1525328334548
     /  edited September 6

Yah, i'm using jio and facing the same issue, i'm not able to make and receive calls on my jio number after june patch update.

• user1526752373905 user1526752373905
     /  edited July 4

Even VoLTE in my device is not working after june update. Earlier it was working on both the sim. Now its not at all working.

• user1525883767465 user1525883767465
     /  edited July 4
    Yes i dont have volte after june update...nokia you make me sad... I cannot connect with others... Its bad..
  • user1527010588069 user1527010588069
     /  edited July 26

So here is what I gathered. With the new update patch, the VOLTE works for Vodafone but is broken for JIO. HMD - we are all looking at you to make life normal for us, again... 

• Sameer Mehta Sameer Mehta
    ✭✭  /  edited July 3

Jio and Vodafone volte both working Maharashtra circle ,after June patch android 8.1

• user1529147869297 user1529147869297
     /  edited July 4
    I am also facing the same issue with Jio sim in India.
  • dsbk bharath dsbk bharath
     /  edited July 4
    I am also facing problem volte not working after June update
  • chirag patel chirag patel
     /  edited June 22
    Hello Sameer,

I am also belongs to Maharashtra circle (Pune) using Idea and Jio but after jun update jio volte stopped working.

Did you anything specific after update?

Just thinking out of box: it will work only if vodafone sim preset along with jio??? I have a another vodafone sim i will try with it.
  • Sameer Mehta Sameer Mehta
    ✭✭  / 
    @chirag,no i did not do anything special ,infact oy Jio is also working fine for me,I had Airtel card and it was working fine too with and without Jio ,as is Vodafone
  • libin2711 libin2711
     / 

For us its now working whatever we do @sameermehtra2087, I'm even traveling now and tested many states network CG, MH, AP and TN no-where it worked.

• Chuck Chuck
     /  edited September 11
    I am facing same problem, Jio VolTE is not working.

Surprisingly no resolution from Nokia yet , may I expect some solution on this???
    Nokia @ team please support and help to resolve this issue . It is urgent.

• user1525328334548 user1525328334548
     /  edited September 11

Yes, it is really surprising that there is no reply from Nokia, when many people are suffering from the basic calling feature . This is very bad from Nokia, Regretting for buying Nokia 7 plus. They lost my trust finally. Never refer a nokia mobile to anyone. Hmd Global also made Nokia Dead.

• user1524228188283 user1524228188283
     /  edited June 28
    Same here!!! I ask jio customer care with no answer. So i insert the sim in another phone, the sim works fine, inser back to Nokia 7 plus no call!!! cannot even recieve calls!!!! Dear HMD kindly resolve the issue.
     /  edited June 20

I think, Nokia is not listening to us. 

However friends you can use Jio sim in your Nokia phone through Jio 4g voice calling app. 

• Chuck Chuck
     /  edited June 20

I am not sure why Nokia listen to such large community where all the customer is unhappy ?? are they do not want to continue with business ??Should we reach out to consumer forum and broadcast on social media about our worst experience ??  

• user1524501771221 user1524501771221
    ✭✭  / 

It seems its region specific... some region its working fine.. but if you want to try .. .try running the phone with another sim for 5 mins..then insert Jio again.. reset APN and restart.. check if this process works.. 

thanks

/  edited June 20
    I twitted this issue initially and just now add comment as well. https://twitter.com/Chirag18537420/status/1006958098274086913?s=19

You gus also raise your concern over there.
  • this is the reply from hmd global
    Greetings from Nokia Mobile Care.

We value the importance of your concern and regret the inconvenience caused to you.

In response to your concern regarding VoLTE issue in Nokia 7 Plus, we would like to inform you that kindly follow the below mentioned steps:

Step 1) Go to settings >> network and internet >> mobile networks >> preferred network type >> 3 G >> then 4 G Only >> done.

Step 2) Go to settings >> system >> reset >> network settings reset >> reset settings >> done.

Step 3) Go to settings >> network and internet >> mobile networks >> access point names >> 3 vertical dots >> reset to default >> done.

Step 4) Please try to force restart device by pressing volume up key and power key button for 20 sec then device will vibrate 3 time and device automatically restart

Step 5) Go to settings >> system >> system updates >> check for updates >> update >> done.

Step 6) Try to perform Factory Data Reset of your device with proper backup of the data.
  • user1524228188283 user1524228188283
     /  edited June 22
    Nothing works as per HMD global suggestion. I reset tge phone, re install jio voice and I can make call via the jio voice app
     /  edited June 28

This is bullshit from HMD...

This solution does not work. If its coming from HMD then it shows how negligent they are for issues of customers.

• libin2711 libin2711
     /  edited June 28
    Nothing worked as suggested by HMD global suggested, i did all steps even factory reset 2 times it doesn't worked. Its a bug Nokia recognise it you have broken Volte codes in firmware.
  • Generally Those who are on ANDROID P(9.0) beta developer preview build face that problem.
    Some are also forcefully automatically downgrade to OREO

Try to downgrade beta and install OREO 8.1
    May it Solve your problem
  • I'm not sure but may be it works
    If you on beta build
    Firstly hard reset your phone
    Then goto register page of developer preview page and downgrade the beta build.

If it doesn't work then you hve to wait for new update release
  • user1525872968134 user1525872968134
     /  edited June 28
    i am also facing same issue in tamilnadu
    very much disappointed,my trustworthy nokia company's name spoiled by HMD global....
  • Chuck Chuck
     /  edited June 28

Kevinpndya your thought is not applicable I believe. And HMD Global Nokia PLEASE STOP MISS GUIDING US, NOTHING WORKS , I DID FACTORY RESET AND BEFORE THAT FOLLOW ALL THE STEP YOU MENTIONED. You guys surely loose the customer loyalty and I will ensure this message wide spread to larger community if my problem is not resolve.

• Jaideep Jaideep
     /  edited June 21
    For those who are facing this issue i got something for them.
    Please guys go to Nokia service centre and ask them to install May security patch in your device. Your problem will be solve within 20 minutes if they have May patch if they don't have it then it will take maximum 24 hours to update your device. Please do this if you're facing VoLTE problem after June update. Trust me guys i was also facing this since 16 June. Nokia service centre in Rajkot i went there they solved this in 24 hours. Go to your nearest Nokia service centre.
  • Vijay NU Vijay NU
     /  edited June 28
    I'm also facing the issue with Jio network. I'm unable to make outgoing call, but I'm able to receive incoming calls. Please fix this ASAP. Thanks.
  • vckamlesh vckamlesh
     /  edited June 28

I am also facing the same problem since June security patch update, unable to use the Jio sim for calls. None of the HMD suggested solutions are working, high time HMD issues an OTA update to fix the issue. It's a balant disregard of critical issues faced by customers.

/  edited June 28
    What is the latest date you update June patch. Is it still available to update? This issue reported on 13th june. If it still not stopped then really surprised.
  • vckamlesh vckamlesh
     / 

Guys, have reposted the issue on twitter with nokia family in loop, please help set on fire & get HMD working by making it viral - https://twitter.com/VcKamlesh/status/1010000508134703109