Your battery time.

Ive been using the Nokia 2.1 for a while. I updated to Pie. But my battery drains really fast. Has anyone else experienced this

Your battery time.

Ive been using the Nokia 2.1 for a while. I updated to Pie. But my battery drains really fast. Has anyone else experienced this

Comments

• I made an account over here just to post that I am also experiencing the same issue. For some reason, after the Pie update, battery doesn't last long. Hope they fix the issue at the earliest.
  • If this is the case with Nokia 2.1 pie upgrade, then I better not to upgrade. I use Nokia 2.1 and am yet to upgrade to the pie. Thank God have not done it even though have not received the update  I better remain with android oreo until the issue with pue is resolved. 
  • Chad Arendse Chad Arendse
    ✭✭  / 
    I found the issue causing the battery drain. It's because the scaling governor for the CPU is stuck on performance. For those who don't know what the scaling governor is, it's basically the setting for how the CPUs clock speed is adjusted. Normally it will go full speed when performance is needed and clocks down and disables a few cores when idle. But in this case it's stuck on performance, which keeps all 4 cores enabled and on max speed which is causing the battery drain and overheating too. The only way to change this setting manually is to root the phone, but I'm not gonna bother doing that because I only bought this phone yesterday and I don't want to void the warranty that quickly. If any Nokia representative is reading this, please fix it. The only reason I bought this phone is because of its "2 day battery life", and right now the phone's telling me it'll only last till 17:00 today.
  • Message on phone screen: cannot detect battery temperature make sure battery is installed? I am only a new owner not a surgeon any help?
  • After the update to Pie the battery drain fast.