How about the quality in video taking of Nokia 9 ?

any demo videos which are taken by 9 ?

How about the quality in video taking of Nokia 9 ?

oscarkfchu oscarkfchu
✭✭  / 
any demo videos which are taken by 9 ?

Comments

• oscarkfchu oscarkfchu
    ✭✭  / 
    Thanks madbilly :)
  • DVargasCRI DVargasCRI
    ✭✭  / 
    I found this comparison. No way of knowing if it's the real thing, but there it is.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  /  edited March 3
    What a pile of steaming horse muck.
    Trust Apple fabois to attempt making a camera comparison but completely screw it up because they don't know how cameras work - they only got a decent camera on iPhones a few years ago; until then my N8's camera was still better than anything they had.

Okay, that maybe an unfair rant, I have no idea if Techbuzz are Apple fanbois. But I'm not sure we can believe they have a 9 PureView either - they are in Kuala Lumpur and so far, AFAIK, the only chance that journalists have had to use it is in Barcelona.

Overall, that video is rubbish for several reasons, the main one of which is that they have chosen to zoom in on various parts and say "look, the 9 is blurred".. er, that's because that's not the bit that was focused on, dummies. The car radio example is just a joke, in this respect.

The close up on the flower just shows how hyperactive the iPhone's edge detection algorithm is - no flower heads look like that. And look at the amount of noise in the shot; the 9's petal detail is much more subtle.

I'm not sure what they're trying to show with the video 1080x60fps comparison, maybe that the 9's autofocus is slow? That may be valid criticism. If they have a production 9 PureView that is.

The more I look at it the more I think this can't be the 9 PureView. E.g. the closeup on the windows in the tower block. The 9 PureView would have shown detail in those shadows, but that picture doesn't show any.

However, if it really is a 9 PureView the second half of the video makes the iPhone look poor. Look at the blurring around the bottom half of the tree trunk (same tree as used in the video comparison). And the closeup of the tower clock shows the 9 PureView is superior in low light.

Anyway, overall I don't think I believe that it's really a 9 PureView, and if it is the things they chose to "focus" on in their review are a joke.

PS - I am aware of the irony of me calling anyone else a "fanboi" ;)
  • Muser Muser
    ✭✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    they only got a decent camera on iPhones a few years ago; until then my N8's camera was still better than anything they had.
    After Microsoft acquired the devices division, some of Nokia's camera/imaging team left for Apple which might explain why. :smiley:
  • logan77 logan77
    ✭✭  / 
    I heard that with this update Pie on Nokia 8 gets some new features such as Digital Wellbeing and Adaptive Battery. Does anybody have an extracted OTA which I could just flash via ADB? Thanks in advance!
  • Pitkänen Pitkänen
    ✭✭✭  / 
    > @DVargasCRI said:
    > I found this comparison. No way of knowing if it's the real thing, but there it is.

That was about as believable as https://goo.gl/images/CmBEua being Elop's new squeeze. (Although, I think he deserves it)

I'm not judging!! :smile:
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    @logan77 you might want to actually ask in the forum section for the Nokia 8, not the one for the Nokia 9 PureView.
  • BangNguyen BangNguyen
     / 
    Does anyone know if it shoots 4K @60fps? Various sources stated only 30. And no reply back from Nokia.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    AFAIK no current Nokia phone can record 4K at 60fps, and I see no reason why the 9 should be different. However, I can't confirm as I didn't test this in Barcelona.
  • logan77 logan77
    ✭✭  / 
    > @logan77 said:
    > I heard that with this update Pie http://movieseriesworld.com/ on Nokia 8 gets some new features such as Digital Wellbeing and Adaptive Battery. http://techgeniuszone.com/ Does anybody have http://techgeniuszone.com/post-for-android/ an extracted OTA which I could just flash via ADB? Thanks in advance!
    >
    >

________________________________________________________________________________________
    Thank you my issue has been solved.