Nokia 8 February security update

Anyone in UK seen the February Security update on Nokia 8?.

Nokia 8 February security update

allan_clarke allan_clarke
✭✭  /  edited February 27
Anyone in UK seen the February Security update on Nokia 8?. I was told it would include a fix for the OK Google issue but its now Feb 27th and my unlocked Nokia 8, whilst on Pie, is still on January update? 
Tagged:

Comments

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I have the February Patch but OK Google is still not working ..
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    Nothing in the UK on the 4 Nokia 8's i know about
  • Piotrek Piotrek
    ✭✭  / 
    Nothing on the Poland :/
  • duncadelic duncadelic
    ✭✭  / 
    I'm still waiting for the Feb patch too, seems the UK have been last lately when it comes to getting updates.
  • FuzzyIan FuzzyIan
    ✭✭  / 
    I'm in the UK, with a sim-free unlocked Nokia 8 which is still running the Beta Pie with Jan 2019 security update.  No sign of the Feb update for me yet...
  • Kozina Kozina
    ✭✭  / 
    Guys you are not alone,my Nokia 8 i still on first update of pie with januar security patch,
    Bosnia & Hercegovina
  • allan_clarke allan_clarke
    ✭✭  / 
    Thanks for the updates. Not just me then waiting for the February update. March tomorrow but perhaps AMG in another time zone 😊
  • Kozina Kozina
    ✭✭  / 
    Maybe we will get a improvement for camera 😂😂
  • terminusaquo terminusaquo
    ✭✭✭  /  edited February 28
    Nokia 8 on O2-UK and nothing here, seems we are as forgotten about as the Nokia 3 getting Oreo 😐
  • Kisslikeether Kisslikeether
    ✭✭  / 
    No Feb patch on unlocked ta-1012 😞
  • Last nokia I buy.

• Sloboda FC Sloboda FC
    ✭✭  / 
    It's not my last nokia since I'm satisfied with this phone and looking for Nokia 9.. Anyway, still no feb sec update in Bosnia, TA1004, i'm on beta pie. 
  • terminusaquo terminusaquo
    ✭✭✭  / 
    It's not my last nokia since I'm satisfied with this phone and looking for Nokia 9.. Anyway, still no feb sec update in Bosnia, TA1004, i'm on beta pie. 
    Same here, I already have a Nokia 6.1 as well.
  • YuLYanLipo YuLYanLipo
    ✭✭  / 
    România - Nokia 8 TA 1004, Oreo 8.1, December security patch 😒
    No update Ianuary or February security patch. No Pie.
  • RL Ramakrishnan RL Ramakrishnan
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I'm on 'Official' Pie, India, with Feb patch. Ok Google is a hit and miss, works very erratically. Camera somewhat improved. Compass shows wrong direction, but then I don't use a compass app regularly, so it does not affect me. Google map works ok 
  • No Feb. Security in Estonia
  • Costy Costy
    ✭✭  / 

did anyone in Romania receive v5.140?
  • CHIEFTAIN CHIEFTAIN
    ✭✭  / 
    Costy said:

did anyone in Romania receive v5.140?
    Nope, I'm still on android 8.1 and December security patch. No other updates so far.
  • Ludvík Jančík Ludvík Jančík
    ✭✭  / 
    Czech republik 👎
  • Costy Costy
    ✭✭  /  edited March 3
    Nope, I'm still on android 8.1 and December security patch. No other updates so far.

i have android pie v5.1 for some time.January security.
  • CHIEFTAIN CHIEFTAIN
    ✭✭  / 
    Costy said:

i have android pie v5.1 for some time.January security.
    Sadly updates come late in Romania, but this time, it's ridiculous. I don't know much about the differences between TA-1004 and TA-1012, if there is any. A friend of mine with TA-1012 has pie and received January security patch, yet nothing for us, still 8.1 on December.
  • alexkay alexkay
    ✭✭  / 
    CHIEFTAIN said:.
     differences between TA-1004 and TA-1012, if there is any..
    I perhaps don't remember all differences anylonger, but the main difference is:
    TA-1004 is the dual SIM, dual standby version and
    TA-1012 is the single SIM version.
    Both should receive the same HMD software updates at the same time, because I never observed a delay for one of both when people reported it here except that during the usual staged rollout not everyone will receive it at the same day. 
  • jdan jdan
    ✭✭✭  / 
    CHIEFTAIN said:
    Sadly updates come late in Romania, but this time, it's ridiculous. I don't know much about the differences between TA-1004 and TA-1012, if there is any. A friend of mine with TA-1012 has pie and received January security patch, yet nothing for us, still 8.1 on December.
    A friend of mine - is that someone in Romania? Do you and your friend have the same Romanian provider?

Can you have a look what system you have?
    Settings > System > About this phone: at the bottom ... Build number
    It must either be 00WW_4_84A_SP10 or 00WW_4_88B_SP07
  • CHIEFTAIN CHIEFTAIN
    ✭✭  /  edited March 4
    jdan said:
    CHIEFTAIN said:
    A friend of mine - is that someone in Romania? Do you and your friend have the same Romanian provider?

Can you have a look what system you have?
    Settings > System > About this phone: at the bottom ... Build number
    It must either be 00WW_4_84A_SP10 or 00WW_4_88B_SP07
    Yes, he is in Romania, same provider, only difference is that i have TA-1004 and he has TA-1012
    My build number is 00WW_4_88B_SP07
  • jdan jdan
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I think that means that your friend's previous build number must have been 00WW_4_84A_SP10. It might perhaps be a good idea to inform care about this quite strange case (same country, same provider) and ask if Nokia may have forgotten to give security updates to the TA-1004's that are on build 00WW_4_88B_SP07.
  • CHIEFTAIN CHIEFTAIN
    ✭✭  / 
    jdan said:
    I think that means that your friend's previous build number must have been 00WW_4_84A_SP10. It might perhaps be a good idea to inform care about this quite strange case (same country, same provider) and ask if Nokia may have forgotten to give security updates to the TA-1004's that are on build 00WW_4_88B_SP07.
    I already did like 3 times, they always give me the "it depends on region" and "try wiping cache data or soft reset" and never answer properly, no matter how i ask. 
  • jdan jdan
    ✭✭✭  /  edited March 4
    Okay. I can see your point. 

But it would be interesting to know, if there are many other Nokia 8 owners on 00WW_4_88B_SP07. Or if there are any who know for sure they had that system build and have had security updates since.

(I have found evidence on another site that also TA-1012 owners can have the same build.)
  • CHIEFTAIN CHIEFTAIN
    ✭✭  /  edited March 4
    Best i can do is wait i guess.
    I also was in beta, had android 9 beta, and then rollback to 8.1 due to the compass bug through their official rollback OTA. Does this  have to do anything with the updates? The support told me it's not possible to rollback and changed their mind telling me once again to wait because it depends on the region when i sent them a screenshot of the official website information, but still no answers.