Nokia 8 February security update - Page 11

@Rave  Can you check the official system number? I guess it must be 00WW_5_110_SP02 as you are a beta tester.

Nokia 8 February security update

Comments

• jdan jdan
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Rave
    Can you check the official system number? I guess it must be 00WW_5_110_SP02 as you are a beta tester.

- Officially the build number of the January update is (was) 00WW_5_110_SP01. 
    Source: https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/security-updates
    That is the number you can see on Settings  > System > About phone: scroll to the bottom.
    But when you tap(ped) on Android version on that same page you see (saw) indeed 00WW_5_11A as name.

Today both numbers are the same if you are on build number 00WW_5_140_SP01.

• Jimmmy Jimmmy
     /  edited April 2019
    My build number is 00WW_5_110_SP01.

But how do I understand that?  I'm not getting the March update or am I still waiting for that?
  • jdan jdan
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited April 2019
    Jimmmy said:

But how do I understand that?  I'm not getting the March update or am I still waiting for that?
    You seem to be stuck on the January build. I started a sort of enquiry in another topic: Nokia 8 - recent update history.
  • StefanT StefanT
    ✭✭  /  edited April 2019
    Hi, @petrus @Silviu Laurentiu Sgindar can I install it on TA-1004, and after this instal I will have v 5_140?
  • My build is 5 140 sp01. If you are on January update copy nb1 5140 update from one drive posted by our colleague on SD card. Turn off the phone, press vol up and insert USB cable connected to pc. Hold vol up until recovery apear. Release both button and the cable. Then hold power button and short press vol up. Now you are in recovery and chose to apply update from SD card, browse to update file and apply.
  • StefanT StefanT
    ✭✭  / 
    Yes @Silviu Laurentiu Sgindar , I am still on january update, so I will try this, just tell me, this filebis also for TA-1004?
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    StefanT said:
    Hi, @petrus @Silviu Laurentiu Sgindar can I install it on TA-1004, and after this instal I will have v 5_140?

Yes, it's for both (TA-1004 and TA-1012).
    I also manually installed on my TA-1004.

• jdan said:
    Jimmmy said:

You seem to be stuck on the January build. I started a sort of enquiry in another topic: Nokia 8 - recent update history.
     Yes, I guess so. Because it has no logic why some of us still not got March update. When I ask Nokia, they won't say relevant reason.
  • StefanT StefanT
    ✭✭  / 
    @petrus @Silviu Laurentiu Sgindar should I rename the OTA folder?
  • sonny101 sonny101
    ✭✭  / 
    petrus said:
    Hi @StefanT,

You can download the package here: 
    https://bit.ly/nokia-nb1
    (OTA Folder).  Copy the downloaded zip file to SD card.  The phone needs to switch to recovery mode and select the option to update from the SD card. 

Cheers :smiley:
    thank you, after such a long time, I'm finally once again on the latest update with STABLE pie
  • petrus petrus
    StefanT said:
    @petrus @Silviu Laurentiu Sgindar should I rename the OTA folder?

You don't have to create a folder or rename it.  Copy the ZIP file directly to the root of the SD card (NB1-5140-0-00WW-B05-update.zip). :)
  • Copy were ever you want on SD card, but remember the location
  • Silviu Laurentiu Sgindar Silviu Laurentiu Sgindar
     /  edited April 2019
    Now, that we users solved the problem, we should start working on camera firmware and compass 🤣.
  • J444LH J444LH
    ✭✭  / 
    Just got March Security and build changed from ....111_SP01 to SP02
    Still have the Feedback Icon in Notifications
  • J444LH J444LH
    ✭✭  / 
    Sorry guys, that was 110-SP01 and its a SIM free phone (but using a SPARK SIM) in New Zealand 
  • user389 user389
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Now, that we users solved the problem, we should start working on camera firmware and compass 🤣.
    @DibyaXP fixed the Nokia 8 compass:
    https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/comment/98999/#Comment_98999

I would be happy to have the firmware and camera app from a year ago. It had more Zeiss personality, made better use of the Nokia 8 hardware and OIS, had a level indicator, better auto scene mode selection etc.

-- 
    Hans
  • potemkin potemkin
    ✭✭✭  / 
    user389 said:
    It had more Zeiss personality
    What does that even mean, especially in the context of this HMD's "Nokia phones" scam project? From the beginning they were using Zeiss brand for marketing purposes, just like they use Nokia name but deliver products of inferior quality and support. There is nothing special with these new Nokia phones cameras to require Zeiss expertise. Just look at their lens (and sensor) specifications. They could've been made by any other manufacturer.
  • beezzzzz beezzzzz
    ✭✭  / 
    I still on january update, so nokia, when do i receive the latest already april update?
  • potemkin said:
    user389 said:
    What does that even mean, especially in the context of this HMD's "Nokia phones" scam project? From the beginning they were using Zeiss brand for marketing purposes, just like they use Nokia name but deliver products of inferior quality and support. There is nothing special with these new Nokia phones cameras to require Zeiss expertise. Just look at their lens (and sensor) specifications. They could've been made by any other manufacturer.
     Zeiss only deliver the lens.That doesn't mean that are impressive quality or that the camera sensor is made with them or a good quality. Mediocre camera sensor, lens( where everyone else have f1.8 or f1.6) and very poor camera app. This phone is "saved" only by snapdragon 835. 
  • beezzzzz said:
    I still on january update, so nokia, when do i receive the latest already april update?

Same here. Still running on January update and no new update to this day. Strange. The support claims, that there is no mistake on their side. And they always offer the same automatically generated responses via email. If a user has a real problem with a smartphone from them, he is trapped.
  • user389 user389
    potemkin said:
    user389 said:
    What does that even mean, especially in the context of this HMD's "Nokia phones" [ . . . ]
    The original HMD camera firmware and camera app for Nokia 8 used the dual ZEISS lenses more and in my opinion better than the versions since June 2018 - when somebody in charge decided to make the camera app look like an iPhone and 'ramp down' further development of the unique ZEISS dual lens setup on Nokia 8 - in a futile attempt to satisfy the Internet trolls who keep demanding changes.
    I suggest HMD a way out of the current update mess by a new kernel without the compass mistake as per the instructions by @DibyaXP in https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/comment/98999/#Comment_98999
    Cook that with the camera firmware and camera app from a year ago (the pre-Pro one with level indicator, OIS only etc) and the April 2019 Android security update - check that it works like it used to - I'll be happy to give it a spin before public release - then leave it as it is.
    --
    Hans
  • 14 days ago they wrote that there will be an update for March while it is almost may and was not a security update even in February. And it should already be in a while updates for May😡😡😡😡
  • normstrm normstrm
    ✭✭  / 
    I received an update:-
    Security patch level: 1 March 2019
    Build number: 00WW_5_110_SP02

But does it look right? As I assumed the March Security patch would be SP03 rather than SP02 - anyone confirm, please? 

• jdan jdan
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Okay for Beta testers (as you can see in that specific topic) and
    https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/security-updates

• J444LH J444LH
    ✭✭  / 
    @NORMSTRM The SP02 doesn't relate to the Month but appears to be the sequential No. for the Security Patch that has been applied to that Particular branch of the build.
    00WW_5_110_SP02
    The 5 denotes Pie (9)
    The 110 is the original branch of Pie (beta) the other one is 140
    To add further confusion the first version of a particular branch doesn't have anything to denote the Security Patch i.e. 00WW_5_110 was the December release.
  • normstrm normstrm
    ✭✭  / 
    J444LH said:
    @NORMSTRM The SP02 doesn't relate to the Month but appears to be the sequential No. for the Security Patch that has been applied to that Particular branch of the build.
    00WW_5_110_SP02
    The 5 denotes Pie (9)
    The 110 is the original branch of Pie (beta) the other one is 140
    To add further confusion the first version of a particular branch doesn't have anything to denote the Security Patch i.e. 00WW_5_110 was the December release.
    Thanks for clarifying.
  • I believe the no March update for Nokia 8 is caused by version 110 (Android Pie beta). There is no other logic, why I still don't have the March patch. Now, I must find a lot of time and unofficially install non-beta Android Pie. I'm so angry about it. And even more when I read, that all Nokia models except Nokia 8 already have April patches. Hopefully, I will get rid of this model and this "company" as soon as possible and I do not want to hear more about Nokia (HMD Global).
  • Hi guys!
    I managed to apply the March update on 5.110 January, only after starting the phone with an invalid SIM. 
    After a few days I had the idea to flash the 5.140 from SD card. I got errors that the version is older than the one on the phone, but it actually worked 😂 and after restart I received the March update for 5.140 instantly! With my active SIM in the phone.
  • Jimmmy Jimmmy
     /  edited May 2019
    So, it is true that Pie beta causes no March update is available. But how it relates to a SIM card, I have no idea. So just insert an invalid SIM into my phone and the update will be available? There is no need to flash the (official) Pie? Thanks. 
  • Krešo Krešo
    ✭✭  / 
    Just to inform- i installed february update manually, and right after that i received march update. So now i'm on march 00WW_5_140_SP01