Nokia 8 February security update - Page 12

(Quote) 
Hi @potemkin, as @user389 said, the first version actually seemed to use the dual-camera setup better.

Nokia 8 February security update

Comments

  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    potemkin said:
    user389 said:
    It had more Zeiss personality
    What does that even mean, especially in the context of this HMD's "Nokia phones" scam project? From the beginning they were using Zeiss brand for marketing purposes, just like they use Nokia name but deliver products of inferior quality and support. There is nothing special with these new Nokia phones cameras to require Zeiss expertise. Just look at their lens (and sensor) specifications. They could've been made by any other manufacturer.
    Hi @potemkin, as @user389 said, the first version actually seemed to use the dual-camera setup better. As for the use of the ZEISS brand, the first new Nokia with this was the Nokia 8, so they didn't use it from the very beginning, it took them 9 months before did and even now ZEISS brand is not used on every Nokia phone. As well as supplying the lenses I believe that ZEISS are more and more involved in the design of the imaging setup; obviously this does not help the Nokia 8 though.
    Cheers :)
  • potemkin potemkin
    ✭✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    As well as supplying the lenses I believe that ZEISS are more and more involved in the design of the imaging setup; obviously this does not help the Nokia 8 though.
    @madbilly You believe that based on what?
  • freeloader freeloader
    ✭✭  / 
    If I do factory reset and dont choose the last saced recovery option, will I get rid of the beta?
  • galvakojis galvakojis
    ✭✭  / 
    Calin M said:
    Hi guys!
    I managed to apply the March update on 5.110 January, only after starting the phone with an invalid SIM. 
    After a few days I had the idea to flash the 5.140 from SD card. I got errors that the version is older than the one on the phone, but it actually worked 😂 and after restart I received the March update for 5.140 instantly! With my active SIM in the phone.
    ok but what to to, if I don't have invalid sim card? :D:D
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    potemkin said:
    madbilly said:
    As well as supplying the lenses I believe that ZEISS are more and more involved in the design of the imaging setup; obviously this does not help the Nokia 8 though.
    @madbilly You believe that based on what?
    My conversations with the gentleman from ZEISS that I had when I was lucky to go to the events in Dubai and Barcelona.
  • If I do factory reset and dont choose the last saced recovery option, will I get rid of the beta?
    No, follow the guide posted by me to update.
    Calin M said:
    Hi guys!
    I managed to apply the March update on 5.110 January, only after starting the phone with an invalid SIM. 
    After a few days I had the idea to flash the 5.140 from SD card. I got errors that the version is older than the one on the phone, but it actually worked 😂 and after restart I received the March update for 5.140 instantly! With my active SIM in the phone.
    ok but what to to, if I don't have invalid sim card? :D:D
    Same as above, page 11 for guide
  • Calin M said:
    Hi guys!
    I managed to apply the March update on 5.110 January, only after starting the phone with an invalid SIM. 
    After a few days I had the idea to flash the 5.140 from SD card. I got errors that the version is older than the one on the phone, but it actually worked 😂 and after restart I received the March update for 5.140 instantly! With my active SIM in the phone.
    ok but what to to, if I don't have invalid sim card? :D:D
    Install the 5.140 version manually from SD card and it will update to march afterwards.
    I think version 5.110 has problems updating. (both Beta and Stable)
  • If I do factory reset and dont choose the last saced recovery option, will I get rid of the beta?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but factory reset will only erase settings and data. You will still be on the beta version and channel.
    I think you should also update manually to 5.140 February. It is a major 1.55GB update.

  • Calin M said:
    Hi guys!
    I managed to apply the March update on 5.110 January, only after starting the phone with an invalid SIM. 
    After a few days I had the idea to flash the 5.140 from SD card. I got errors that the version is older than the one on the phone, but it actually worked 😂 and after restart I received the March update for 5.140 instantly! With my active SIM in the phone.
    ok but what to to, if I don't have invalid sim card? :D:D
    Yeah, me too :D 
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Jimmmy said:
    Calin M said:
    Hi guys!
    I managed to apply the March update on 5.110 January, only after starting the phone with an invalid SIM. 
    After a few days I had the idea to flash the 5.140 from SD card. I got errors that the version is older than the one on the phone, but it actually worked 😂 and after restart I received the March update for 5.140 instantly! With my active SIM in the phone.
    ok but what to to, if I don't have invalid sim card? :D:D
    Yeah, me too :D 
    Maybe you can try connecting to another network instead of leaving it on automatic, your phone may then think the SIM is invalid. Just an idea, I've no idea if it will work!
    Cheers :smiley:
  • 3 May and security update on Nokia 8 still nowhere 3 months has not been a security update and nowhere will anyone know anything nor on the support knows nothing to suck 😡😡😡 komentář
  • madbilly said:
    Jimmmy said:
    Calin M said:
    Hi guys!
    I managed to apply the March update on 5.110 January, only after starting the phone with an invalid SIM. 
    After a few days I had the idea to flash the 5.140 from SD card. I got errors that the version is older than the one on the phone, but it actually worked 😂 and after restart I received the March update for 5.140 instantly! With my active SIM in the phone.
    ok but what to to, if I don't have invalid sim card? :D:D
    Yeah, me too :D 
    Maybe you can try connecting to another network instead of leaving it on automatic, your phone may then think the SIM is invalid. Just an idea, I've no idea if it will work!
    Cheers :smiley:

    Nope. It doesn't work. I tried that. So, there is no other way to install March/April patch and get rid of the beta program.
  • Guys!!!! This happened today! 😁 I'm in Berlin, Germany right now.

  • user1536323754226 user1536323754226
    ✭✭✭  / 
    In Denmark too! It works. 
  • Jimmmy Jimmmy
     /  edited May 2019
    Yes, in Slovakia too. FINALLY.
    Btw, my update size is 1562 MB. 
  • jdan jdan
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Jimmmy said:
    my update size is 1562 MB. 
    That is because you are a Beta member - see Nokia 8 - recent update history.
  • So, after I manually updated to 5.140, march and April 5.150 updated automatically.
  • Hello, I installed the update from a SD card and everything is functional, thank you very much for this information! Noki 8 TA 1012
  • Update 5.150 OK on Nokia 8 TA 1012 from SD Card :) Thanks 4 all !

Sign In or Register to comment.