What's the biggest thing, What we can do

Don't follow the other phone design, stay independent
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Paul said:
    Develop your own operating system. They are a lot of people who own android phones because they don't want an Apple phone. Not because they like Android. Blackberry failed because the phones were too expensive and they did not have the features people wanted. Windows phone failed because Microsoft killed it (in many different ways); not because it was not a viable option that people liked. 
    It is not so easy to build an OS. It takes a lot of time and resources. Even Samsung isn't able to succeed with their TizenOS. Android is a complete OS and people are used to google apps that come with it and it won't be easy to switch so easily. And if they switch to other platforms as many did during WP then Google will do everything so that their services don't run on that OS. For example, Youtube was never supported on WindowsPhone officially and the same for many other Google apps. 
    Look at Jiophone, they are doing well in some places. You even have a phone with their OS and Facebook is supporting it with whats app. You have; more experience, connections, resources and patents to make an even better feature OS and wipe them out. Plus it would be good payback for them not allowing you all the features and apps possible on their phone on yours.
    I have a Jio Phone and that thing is one of the worst phones one can own. It struggles in day to day use cases. Kai OS has google apps but the user experience is very bad. Even the old S40 was much faster if you compare it to KaiOS and that thing had so many messaging apps back then. WhatsApp is currently exclusive to Jio Phone running on KaiOS and not available for other devices like the Nokia 8110 4G which also runs on KaiOS. Nokia is using Kai OS on Nokia 8110 4G and many users say it is a slow phone. They really need a better and light OS for feature phones. Companies should stop calling them smart feature phones and concentrate on the essentials like messaging, internet and calls. Same as old S40. I would love to see Nokia Asha series return. Remember their cheapest Nokia Asha 230? It was better than KaiOS and had messaging apps too. Just bring some touch screen ASHA devices at around 50USD which can run WhatsApp. This will be a hit in many developing markets. :)
    Your operating system can target the low end and feature phones so as not to upset Google. It would need to support touch input, up to 4.5 inch screens with resolutions up to 854x480. dual cameras up to 8MP, Whats app and other messaging apps. 3G/LTE, USBC.

Phones are getting too expensive these days and you're not getting much for the added expense. It's time to give people a phone they can use at a decent price.

Release 1 or 2 per quarter.  There are still people who want a phone with a keyboard like the e71, personally I want one like the Symbian based x6 from 2010.
    A phone with a different OS like the Sailfish OS at the price point of Nokia 1 could be refreshing and it can also run many Android apps. Most people at such low price points just need a sturdy phone that can do all the basic stuff. Just push for the important stuff. An LTE handset with a single front and rear camera with a touchscreen and a smart but light os is all that is needed. :)
  • Paul Paul
    ✭✭  /  edited March 2019
    Points taken. Which is why i think the new OS should be a good feature phone and not have anything to do with Google. The important stuff like you said. messaging, the web, calls and a decent camera. I had 2 flagship windows phones and I was eyeing the 950. I had several Nokia symbian phones and I still have a working 5800. I never cared for google apps. There were enough 3rd party apps that interfaced with the google services  like maps and youtube that it was never necessary to have google made apps.

Hopefully they have enough software developers that they can pull it off. Maybe upgrade S40 or S30 to support new features?.
  • Paul Paul
    ✭✭  /  edited March 2019
    The Asha phones where ugly in my opinion. Too blocky. The Asha operating system however had potential. They just need a higher res screen and a nicer UI.
  • Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited March 2019
    Paul said:
    The Asha phones where ugly in my opinion. Too blocky. The Asha operating system however had potential. They just need a higher res screen and a nicer UI.
    I wouldn't say they were ugly, (Design is a personal preference thoughsweat_smile) They were much more beautiful when compared to similarly priced Android phones of that time and I still see Asha touch devices in hands of people. I would love to see them bring those touch devices back with changeable Xpress-On covers and that ice design like on the Asha 503 running on Jolla's Sailfish OS. :smiley:
  • TW1920 TW1920
    ✭✭  / 
    Very awesome would be a Sailfish OS Phone! Nokia
  • I need Nokia Asha Phones to be back And Nokia M series and X series Phones too