Feb security and Update ?

Has anyone managed to receive latest Feb update in last 5 days. I am UK but have VPN onto various country servers with no luck.

Feb security and Update ?

SPV SPV
 / 
Has anyone managed to receive latest Feb update in last 5 days. I am UK but have VPN onto various country servers with no luck. Wondering if rollout has stopped?

Comments

• petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    As far as I know, February's security package is part of the Android 9 v5.140 update. It will take a little bit ..
  • SPV SPV
     / 
    I am patient but lately the updates have dragged. I used to be able to VPN to other country's and pick it up but no luck at moment. 
  • Heathiopian Heathiopian
    ✭✭  / 
    Nothing for me either on my unlocked TA 1012 in the UK still running oreo.. No success with VPN either
  • Try to put different Sim Cards. Mine was updated when i checked different operator. Its strange but it really works in some cases...
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    SPV said:
    Has anyone managed to receive latest Feb update in last 5 days. I am UK but have VPN onto various country servers with no luck. Wondering if rollout has stopped?
    Nothing on the 4 SIM free Nokia 8s i know to, 2 on GiffGaff (O2) and 2 on BT Mobile (EE)
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Nothing for me either on my unlocked TA 1012 in the UK still running oreo.. No success with VPN either
    God wished i was still on Oreo, my Nokia 8 was the best thing since sliced bread then.
  • Mick1965 Mick1965
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Nowt here either, iD mobile (3 network).

Here's hoping but perhaps it's been halted while some more bugs are fixed.
    ( He says as slowly removing head from the sand )
    ✭✭  / 
    mrbelter said:
    God wished i was still on Oreo, my Nokia 8 was the best thing since sliced bread then.
    I updated via beta labs but downgraded only because of my phone restarting 4-5 times a day...other than that I had no issues with Pie on my phone although there's many people that seem to have issues 😐
    ✭✭  / 
    Try to put different Sim Cards. Mine was updated when i checked different operator. Its strange but it really works in some cases...
    Tried with Giffgaff,O2,3 and EE but nothing still all it does is messes up my chat features in messages 😂😬
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    mrbelter said:
    I updated via beta labs but downgraded only because of my phone restarting 4-5 times a day...other than that I had no issues with Pie on my phone although there's many people that seem to have issues 😐
    Mine has been fine running wise it is just niggly stuff like the compass that shouldn't have been buggered up to start with.
  • Hugh Matthews Hugh Matthews
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Sounds like you’ve been pre-brexitised, mrbelter. I’ve been lucky to get updates real quick here in Denmark. No preferential treatment otherwise, though. The Nokia 8 is _such_ a fine piece of kit. It’s as though accepting its current shortcomings would be easier if it had been half-baked to start with. Have you seen what it looks like inside. Solid as a rock!
  • Ken Ken
    ✭✭  / 
    Still no February security update or finel pie in the UK
  • Darren Cullimore Darren Cullimore
    ✭✭  / 
    hi, new here, didn't know how t create a new thread ( whats that about??)
    just got a 2nd hand nokia 8 off ebay, how long do we get support/updates for?
  • Jivko Antonov Jivko Antonov
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Until the end of 2020 for sure.
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    hi, new here, didn't know how t create a new thread ( whats that about??)
    just got a 2nd hand nokia 8 off ebay, how long do we get support/updates for?
    Android 9 is the last major update for it if Nokia stick to their word, it should get monthly security updates until September/October 2020 again if Nokia stick to their word.

I say stick to their word because the Nokia 8 isn't an Android One phone and me and MadBilly have looked and looked for when HMD said the Nokia 8 will get 2 major OS updates and 3 years of security patches and we couldn't find it but we are sure we have seen it somewhere. Of course questioning HMD about it via Twitter got absolutely nowhere but i doubt anyone is surprised to hear that.
  • martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭  /  edited March 4
    mrbelter said:
    me and MadBilly have looked and looked for when HMD said the Nokia 8 will get 2 major OS updates and 3 years of security patches and we couldn't find it but we are sure we have seen it somewhere.
    Nokia 8 is an "Android Enterprise Recommended" Phone and at least "Three years of security updates, delivered within 90 days from Google release. Nokia smartphones feature even stronger security with monthly updates for the first two years" is documented here:

"Support current shipping release + one letter upgrade" can be found here:

2 major OS updates: ???

• potemkin potemkin
     /  edited March 4
    martin.fd said:
    HMD promised 2 YEARS of OS updates (meaning new features) since release but they are only legally bound to provide 3 years of security updates because Nokia 8 is an Android Enterprise Recommended device.
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    martin.fd said:
    mrbelter said:
    me and MadBilly have looked and looked for when HMD said the Nokia 8 will get 2 major OS updates and 3 years of security patches and we couldn't find it but we are sure we have seen it somewhere.
    Nokia 8 is an "Android Enterprise Recommended" Phone and at least "Three years of security updates, delivered within 90 days from Google release. Nokia smartphones feature even stronger security with monthly updates for the first two years" is documented here:

"Support current shipping release + one letter upgrade" can be found here:

The Nokia 8 has already had 2 major OS updates, it was updated from 7 to 8 and from 8 to 9.
  • martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭  /  edited March 4
    @mrbelter: That's clear - I just wanted to say: No idea where that was promised ...

• mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    martin.fd said:
    @mrbelter: That's clear - I just wanted to say: No idea where that was promised ...

Thats what i was saying mate, me and Madbilly are absolutely sure the information regarding an Android One like update scheduled was made available to the media in late 2017 but we cannot find it, it seems to have vanished off the planet.
  • martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Vanished because we don't need it anymore (updates are through)???
    And it is well known that it is always advantageous to document as few comprehensible promises as possible somewhere ... o:)

• mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    martin.fd said:
    Vanished because we don't need it anymore (updates are through)???
    Nar i cant see it, it was ages ago when we was looking for it, well before android 9 and we knew that was coming.
  • terminusaquo terminusaquo
    ✭✭✭  /  edited March 6
    I swear that **** WILL freeze over before ANY Nokia 8 in the UK gets the updated build of Pie!!!!!!!!
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I swear that **** WILL freeze over before ANY Nokia 8 in the UK gets the updated build of Pie!!!!!!!!
    It is beginning to feel like that mate :(