Pictures taken on Nokia 8

I was testing my Nokia 8 camera and I took following photos.. they aren't that'good originally but once processing is done..I think they look good(Image)

Pictures taken on Nokia 8

Karthiks Karthiks
✭✭  / 
I was testing my Nokia 8 camera and I took following photos.. they aren't that'good originally but once processing is done..I think they look good

Both of them are taken in Pro mode
Tagged:

Comments

• ignas ignas
    ✭✭✭  / 
    mrbelter said:
    I think it would be a good idea to use this thread solely for Nokia 8 photos that the taker likes while explaining what they did to them (if anything) in post. It would make a refreshing change rather than everyone (me included) to be moaning about the camera.
    I was just thinking about it recently for the same reasons. Maybe make the thread titled "I took a picture - Nokia 8 edition" as they have in the contests section https://community.phones.nokia.com/categories/contests-and-fan-activities
  • Jivko Antonov Jivko Antonov
    ✭✭✭  /  edited March 2019
    Nokia camera - dual, HDR ON

Nokia camera HDR ON, dual + POP effect from Google Photos editor

Nokia camera HDR OFF, dual

GCam camera HDR ON

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I'll put a photo on i like and in keeping with what i was saying, it isn't a great photo (taken with HMD app) and it was taken through the grubby window of a Boeing 757. It always makes me smile as it looks like we was flying in to space and not back to the UK. It has had some haze removal applied and resized to 1000px, I think the app made a mess of it but in this instance i am glad it did, it is just a shame loads of artefacts are visible in the sky.

• petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Auto and enable HDR (HMD camera)

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    petrus said:
    Auto and enable HDR (HMD camera)

There is something really agreeable about that shot, maybe i am a firebug lol
  • Hugh Matthews Hugh Matthews
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Great idea. I’ll use the stock cam again (I’ve been using a Gcam for photos, with the stock cam set to start in video mode). All I usually do is trim photos before posting.
  • ignas ignas
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Well since we've already started 

Last year on the original camera app. It was zoomed in via the camera, so it's a bit ugly to look at in full view, but at the moment I thought the framing was better this way and I think it's a lovely scene regardless. Unedited in this case. 

Shortly after the Pro update. I was going to say this was done in manual mode, but the info shows 1/1467s shutter and that's not a value you can set manually. So who knows, maybe I just set the ISO. This went through Snapseed and then Instagram, but mostly what was done is horizon straightening. 

This one went through Snapseed and Instagram too, some brightening in the former, color adjustments in the latter. Farther from the original, but I like this version better. Also after the update, I can't tell what I settings I used then, but it looks like the monochrome sensor did it's job at bringing out the treeline in what were really dark conditions. What I noticed however, is some artifacts, separating the image into clear blocks of slightly different shades. But it's only visible if you brighten a dark image like this too much. Could be just the JPEG quality. 

• jdan jdan
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Nice pictures, guys!
    Keep on the good work.
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    gloomy spring weather (HMD cam, auto, 
    adjusted exposure)

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited March 2019
    Some interesting views from yesterday evening:
    - Google Cam (1) HDR on / (2) HDR off / (3) Night Sight
    - Nokia Cam (4) HDR on / (5) HDR auto / (6) HDR off
    No tap to focus/exposure, no post-processing ...
  • ignas ignas
    ✭✭✭  / 
    martin.fd said:
    Some interesting views from yesterday evening:
    - Google Cam (1) HDR on / (2) HDR off / (3) Night Sight
    - Nokia Cam (4) HDR on / (5) HDR auto / (6) HDR off
    No tap to focus/exposure, no post-processing ...
    Comparing Gcam with HDR off to HDR off from Nokia, you can see the monochrome sensor pull up some alright detail from the shadows (though it may have taken a brighter exposure too), but man in every other scenario Gcam just seems to stomp all over Nokia's camera, even if IMO Gcam's noise reduction is a bit too aggressive at times. Have to wonder what results we'd be able to get if Google's HDR were made to work with the monochrome sensor for some extra detail in dark areas. 
  • Pechu Pechu
    ✭✭  / 

Cam : Gcam port and no edits 
  • martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited March 2019

GCam - only cut out, nothing else ...
  • how to download gcam? it's not available in Nokia 8
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited April 2019
    how to download gcam? it's not available in Nokia 8

Check out the discussion: https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/46852/n8-android-9-0-pixel-cam-help#latest