Fast battery drain

I just received my Nokia 7 plus on 12th June with 8.1 out of the box. I'm facing quick battery drain. Battery doesn't lasts not even a day.

Fast battery drain

user1523281709522 user1523281709522
 /  edited June 16
I just received my Nokia 7 plus on 12th June with 8.1 out of the box. I'm facing quick battery drain. Battery doesn't lasts not even a day. I'm not even gaming a bit also. Is there any solution? Should I have to replace or what? Can anyone help me with this?

Comments

• user1524501771221 user1524501771221
    ✭✭  /  edited June 16
    Wait for 2 days.. share battery stats like SOT with us..dont get panic.. the battery will last 1 day on an average i.e. 24hrs with SOT of 5 to 6 hrs on mobile data..
  • user1523281709522 user1523281709522
     /  edited July 5
    Even though the charging is at 96% it is showing only 9 hours 59 minutes left. I'm not getting 2 day battery life as nokia promised not even a day. I'm not aslo gaming.
  • Utpal Debbarma Utpal Debbarma
    ✭✭✭  /  edited July 5
    The 2 day battery life is based on lab conditions.... so don't expect such high battery life.....☹️☹️
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Try to keep your battery level between 20 - 88% to maximize your battery life and a 100% charge once in a month will extend your battery life

Also go to the battery settings and see which apps are constantly draining your battery and use alternative apps

(Li-ion batteries degrade overtime and has limited charging cycles so.....if you want to maximize your battery life use the above solutions)
  • So I have to charge from 20 - 88% everytime but not above that, right? And only one time in a month is sufficient to charge upto 100%, right?
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Yes
  • Ok, Thank you. And what about fast charging? It is not working sometimes.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    It's automatic.... when the phone gets too warm it stops the fast charging as a safety......keep the phone in a cool place....
  • Ok, thank you so much.
  • ramz6 ramz6
     / 

after every update i factory reset my phone but the battery standy is amazing after june update

• ramz6 ramz6
     / 

• Will 20-100% charge come under one charge cycle? If I do 20-100% charge rather than 20-88% chagre, is it completely normal?
    ✭✭✭  /  edited June 19
    No a charge cycle is from 0 to 100....by keeping the charge between 20 - 88% you are extending your are using less charge cycles per month..... which will ensure that the capacity of the battery remains good ( Li-ion batteries degrade over Time and has limited charge cycles.....so using less charge cycles will ensure longevity of you battery)

Check out this android authority video
    https://youtu.be/_nbSBUBIKmA
    See this video fully......
  • So 20-100% charge won't come under one charge cycle, right?
  • I just wanted to know the difference between 20-88% charge and 20-100% charge. Can anyone help me with this?
  • I'm not getting a battery life with my Nokia 7 plus. I've to charge it 2 times a day from 20-88%. It's not what I expected from nokia. I'm not getting battery even 12 hrs a day from 20-88%. Is my mobile not in good condition? Or is there something else? Can someone please help me with this?
  • Wyk Wyk
    ✭✭  / 
    Turn off always on displays, NFCs & other unnecessary staffs. Turning off lift to check phone will improve battery i think.
  • user1524501771221 user1524501771221
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2
    One shud give a stat here so that we can help u.. if i use continuously it ll never last 8 hours.. if i have a lot of standby time i wont get SOT.. if i use more mobile data battery is less.. if utorrent runs in background, u ignore app draining battery warning.. then also battery won't last.. at last in android an user is responsible for managing his battery.. i m constantly getting 6hrs of SOT in mobile data and overall it lasts 20 hrs at least..its not possible 7 plus has a bttery life.. one shud check setting again.. give stat.. screenshot to let us know.. thanks
  • here is one screenshot of the battery. Is it completely normal battery life or what?image

• Wyk Wyk
    ✭✭  / 
    Quite abnormal...if u r not playing heavy games or running heavy resource hunger apps. Check for those battery monger app. Share ur battery usage by app list.
  • I'm not gaming, not even a single time after I received the mobile.
  • kiko05 kiko05
    ✭✭  /  edited July 5
    you have 35 apps allowed to work in background,for sure it will drain your battery faster
  • If I don't allow apps froms background, will it increase my battery life? I'll share another stats here soon, so that you'll understand.
  • Wyk Wyk
    ✭✭  / 

My 52 apps are running...35 doesn't matter. Share ur apps by battery list screenshot.

• here are the screenshots of today battery life of my mobile. is it working fine?image

• Wyk Wyk
    ✭✭  / 
    From ur last screenshot the drainage is much slower than the previous one 7% in 5 hours better. U should share the screen at that 54%. But still it looks like ur screen is on for long time. Rest wait for HMD engineer to confirm.
  • That first screenshot is not today's one. That was some days ago. Above three are today's screenshots.
  • these are the today's screenshots continuous to the previous 3 screenshots(mentioned in above reply). In two hours my battery is drained from 47% to 25% which is a 22% drop in 2 hrs approximately. image

• kiko05 kiko05
    ✭✭  / 
    still you allowed 37 apps to work in your background
  • wyk(mentioned in above post) allowed 51 apps to run in background and still managed to get better battery life and I allowed only 38 apps and still battery is draining quickly compared to that person's mobile.

Prev1