Spontaneously shutdown

Heey guys after february patching nokia 7.1 spontaneously shutdown especially watched after youtube videos .do you also have a problem?

Spontaneously shutdown

Abuzar Hasanov Abuzar Hasanov
✭✭  / 
Heey guys after february patching nokia 7.1 spontaneously shutdown especially watched after youtube videos .do you also have a problem?

Tagged:

Comments

• LoLo_Mx LoLo_Mx
    ✭✭  / 
    I have the issue with getting freeze /hangs or black screen and need to force restart, Nokia please let us know how to uninstall the february update.
  • marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I have this problem with my Nokia 5. Started this week. I have not installed any updates since November. I have the PIE update available since last week, but haven't installed it (buggy).

It shuts down overnight, when it is already 100% charged... happened 2 times now. Only way to turn it on is to do a SOFT reset... :\
  • Same issue here after March security patch,i i will just freeze or restart on it's own.getting really annoying please fix Nokia 7.1 
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Same issue here after March security patch,i i will just freeze or restart on it's own.getting really annoying please fix Nokia 7.1 
    Hello

If this is happening alot then I would back up all your user data and sms and do a factory reset and reinstall all your apps.

Regards

Jason 
  • FinnCoding FinnCoding
    ✭✭  / 
    I have this issue as well, it might be because of Android 9 is a bit too heavy currently for the phone.
    The Nokia 7.1 is one of the first phones to test Android 9, so it might be a bit buggy.
    Just close your open apps if you don't use them, reboot your phone after a few days (if u never turn it off like me)
    And then you should be fine.
  • Apparently, the freezing/hanging and automatic shutdown and restart us common to many models. Mine has done that severally including sometimes raised temperatures occasionally. Nokia 5.1
  • MC-12 MC-12
    ✭✭  / 
    The same is happening to me, Nokia 7.1 running the latest March Update. It's always the same: the screen get black and short after that the Nokia boot logo appears and the phones bootes up again. I happens during browsing, chatting, on 9gag, when the phone is just laying next to me or even during phone calls! It's just annoying when you can't rely on your phone.

I wanted to submit some logcat extracts to Nokia, but the support hotline keeps telling me that they can't contact the developer team, which is really disappointing. After investigating the logs myself, I found out that in each case at the end of the stack trace /system/lib64/libc.so (__start_thread+68) fails, so I assume it's some bug in the system, not in any app.

Can we expect this to be fixed soon or should I switch to a different device?
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    MC-12 said:
    The same is happening to me, Nokia 7.1 running the latest March Update. It's always the same: the screen get black and short after that the Nokia boot logo appears and the phones bootes up again. I happens during browsing, chatting, on 9gag, when the phone is just laying next to me or even during phone calls! It's just annoying when you can't rely on your phone.

I wanted to submit some logcat extracts to Nokia, but the support hotline keeps telling me that they can't contact the developer team, which is really disappointing. After investigating the logs myself, I found out that in each case at the end of the stack trace /system/lib64/libc.so (__start_thread+68) fails, so I assume it's some bug in the system, not in any app.

Can we expect this to be fixed soon or should I switch to a different device?
    Hello

I do not see these issue at all on the phone.  I would suggest backing up.your data and doing a factory reset.

Regards

Jason 
  • MC-12 MC-12
    ✭✭  / 
    > @jdi000 said:
    > MC-12 said:
    >
    >
    > The same is happening to me, Nokia 7.1 running the latest March Update. It's always the same: the screen get black and short after that the Nokia boot logo appears and the phones bootes up again. I happens during browsing, chatting, on 9gag, when the phone is just laying next to me or even during phone calls! It's just annoying when you can't rely on your phone.
    >
    >
    >
    > I wanted to submit some logcat extracts to Nokia, but the support hotline keeps telling me that they can't contact the developer team, which is really disappointing. After investigating the logs myself, I found out that in each case at the end of the stack trace /system/lib64/libc.so (__start_thread+68) fails, so I assume it's some bug in the system, not in any app.
    >
    >
    >
    > Can we expect this to be fixed soon or should I switch to a different device?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    >
    > I do not see these issue at all on the phone.  I would suggest backing up.your data and doing a factory reset.
    >
    > Regards
    > Jason 

I already tried a factory reset, safe mode, using it without sim cards and so on.
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    MC-12 said:
    > @jdi000 said:
    > MC-12 said:
    >
    >
    > The same is happening to me, Nokia 7.1 running the latest March Update. It's always the same: the screen get black and short after that the Nokia boot logo appears and the phones bootes up again. I happens during browsing, chatting, on 9gag, when the phone is just laying next to me or even during phone calls! It's just annoying when you can't rely on your phone.
    >
    >
    >
    > I wanted to submit some logcat extracts to Nokia, but the support hotline keeps telling me that they can't contact the developer team, which is really disappointing. After investigating the logs myself, I found out that in each case at the end of the stack trace /system/lib64/libc.so (__start_thread+68) fails, so I assume it's some bug in the system, not in any app.
    >
    >
    >
    > Can we expect this to be fixed soon or should I switch to a different device?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    >
    > I do not see these issue at all on the phone.  I would suggest backing up.your data and doing a factory reset.
    >
    > Regards
    > Jason 

I already tried a factory reset, safe mode, using it without sim cards and so on.
    Hello

Have you contacted support about getting your phone sent in for evaluation ?

Regards
    Jason
  • MC-12 MC-12
    ✭✭  /  edited April 2019
    Sending it back for some weeks was not an option for me, but I think i solved it on my own.

For everyone still having these reboot issues: I gave it a last chance and did another factory reset. This time I started from scratch, no backup via Google Drive, no copying of any other data. Just download all apps from the store and manually set everything up. I don't know what exactly is copied when using a Drive backup, but it seems like there is some faulty file or configuration or library included which caused the reboots.

In my case it is now running almost 4 days without any issues. So for anyone still having the issue: try a factory reset without backup.
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    MC-12 said:
    Sending it back for some weeks was not an option for me, but I think i solved it on my own.

For everyone still having these reboot issues: I gave it a last chance and did another factory reset. This time I started from scratch, no backup via Google Drive, no copying of any other data. Just download all apps from the store and manually set everything up. I don't know what exactly is copied when using a Drive backup, but it seems like there is some faulty file or configuration or library included which caused the reboots.

In my case it is now running almost 4 days without any issues. So for anyone still having the issue: try a factory reset without backup.
    That is great news , when there is an issue esp with apps it's best to reset  and manually reload the  apps.

Regards

Jason

• Same issue on my nokia 8, actually it happen in the first 6 month after I bought from online store. But nowadays it getting worse than ever, now it happens when I open camera app, Instagram, and some app.... Just randomly force restart, idk what just really happen here.... (Fyi, it has been used almost 3 year)

• Nisar123 Nisar123
    ✭✭  / 

Even i am facing the same issue from one week and i tried all possible ways, One of the worst product from worst company

@nokia company

i'll suggest people not to buy Nokia products at all

#waste of money

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Not sure what the issue you are having is, but there are things you can do to clear it up:

Backup and factory reset the device.

Contact nokia support.

Visit a nokia service center and get phone checked out.

The 7.1 is a great phone and I never had any such issues in almost 2 years of having the device.

• I'm also facing this issue form last 2 days is any one can help me to out form this issue