HMD shall stop making phones

Hardware issues are just awesome:

HMD shall stop making phones

DibyaXP DibyaXP
✭✭✭  /  edited March 2
Hardware issues are just awesome:

* Nokia 6 dying like butter on bread from launch time.
*Nokia 8 display issues are really amazing
*Nokia 8.1 got no gorilla glass and no ufs2.1 storage (still marketing as value flagship)
*Nokia 6.1 plus /Nokia 5.1 plus are plagued by usb type c port issues.
* No smart amplifier and no proper implementation of 5 magnet tranducert in any of 2018 phones.
*Nokia 6.1 got inconvenient rear mounted fingerprint scanner.
*Nokia 7 plus charging port issues
Outstanding software implementation and best in the world :smile:
* Nokia 3.1 plus facing severe performance hick ups.
*Nokia 5/6 (2017) turned terrible after pie update.
*Nokia 8 2017 is awful after pie update.
* Camera software is inconsistent and unreliable.
*Nokia 8 audio hiss after pro camera update
*Nokia 6 Dolby issues and Nokia 5 lost Qualcomm equilizer.
*all phones are plagued by severe os level bugs .
* No bootloader unlock support even with terrible software
* I am getting frustrated and I can't continue.

Comments

• Kustu Kustu
    ✭✭  / 
    Good that my normal 5.1 wasn't on the list. But Nokia phones are great, although they have some issues.
  • PeterEgwu PeterEgwu
    ✭✭  / 
    Fine, so long my Nokia 2.1 is not there as well. Nokia needs to look into this seriously. But I believe they will overcome the challenges. 
  • MD.Rahim MD.Rahim
    ✭✭  / 
    Wake up Nokia,remember your past efforts.
  • User20181120 User20181120
    ✭✭  / 
    Thank you for writing everything, but nothing happened on my Nokia 7+ device.
  • Asif Bhuiyan Asif Bhuiyan
    ✭✭  / 
    I am also getting frustrated and I can't continue... i think hmd future will not good.. 
  • nitin kachare nitin kachare
    ✭✭✭✭✭  /  edited March 3
    Nokia 6.1 is good enough it doesn't have any issues like you said if touch proper on fingerprint it is working fine.As it's size is less as compared to others fingerprint you have to be careful.
    Nokia 8.1 has NEG Glass Protection which is good enough than Gorilla Glass Protection if you see durablity video on Youtube.
  • Pitkänen Pitkänen
    ✭✭✭  / 
    That's a heck of a lot of issues there. Just preordered the PureView. Glad it hasn't made your list. 
  • Pitkänen Pitkänen
    ✭✭✭  / 
    What are the odds that a competitor can hip on the message boards and troll a company? 
    I'm not saying that's what's happened... But just asking what odds exist of that happening?
  • DibyaXP DibyaXP
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Pitkänen said:
    What are the odds that a competitor can hip on the message boards and troll a company? 
    I'm not saying that's what's happened... But just asking what odds exist of that happening?
    I am just a consumer and want proper 9 pie update for nokia 6 and nokia 8
  • Pitkänen Pitkänen
    ✭✭✭  / 
    DibyaXP said:
    I am just a consumer and want proper 9 pie update for nokia 6 and nokia 8
    Hi @DibyaXP, I didn't mean to come off as dismissive. I understand, now that I've read through the forum a little more, that people have been experiencing a wide variety of issues with Android Pie updates and stability across multiple devices. To add to that, I've noticed that a common point of frustration is that they've either a) been told one thing by HMD, and they have not delivered on their promise, or b) what was delivered is 'buggy' and in need of further attention.

Hope you can get to where you want to be sooner than later with both of your devices!
  • DibyaXP DibyaXP
    ✭✭✭  / 
    If hmd has any wish to succeed in the business, they needs to increase their number of software developers
    Pair up with companies like thundersoft and Arcsoft .
    Partner up with NXP .
    Push Qualcomm Snapdragon and allow bootloader unlock
    Leave the crappy evenwell.
    Improve sound with DTS headphone X and Arkamys.
    Improve retail channel and improve after sale services like repair centre .
    Focus mainly on durability, Speed, camera,displ di and sound , network reception , as these are key reason we loved Nokia.

• DibyaXP DibyaXP
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I love HMd and voice of juho sarvikas. 
    It is my love which ask me to pinpoint their faults
  • praveenp praveenp
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I am having Nokia 7 Plus.. But unlike others, no charging port issue as of now.
    The only prime issue is CAMERA... A PATHETIC CAMERA... 
    Where those Chines brands are offering better camera and a way better PRO Mode, Nokia is extremely pathetic in it. Low-light photos are unacceptable.
    I have been tweeting this regularly, tagging Juho, but seems like they are solely focused on making money by launching as many phones as they can, without even bothering about the current phones. Thanks to Android One that we are getting updates regularly. Had it been from Nokia's side, it would have become the 2nd Samsung... Launch-&-Forget Model.
    The Camera app has never been updated after the Pie update in October... Pro mode gives only 4s shutter speed... And that too with not so supportive ISO settings. Focus is useless for macro shots...

The other issue is software... Sometimes the navigation button vanishes... Sometimes the display freezes... Sometimes the notification panel changes its layout... And those guys sitting in the service center do not even have an iota of idea what to do. They just say... Take the Backup and we will format the device, because you downloaded a WRONG SOFTWARE UPDATE.... They forget that its Nokia only that pushes the OTA update...

Thanks to those hackers/developers who ported Google Camera for other devices... Else I would have banged my head everyday for purchasing this phone and spending 26000 bucks, by just getting misguided by the brand name.
    Sadly, being an unemployed student, I have to live with this phone until I start earning and get rid of it.

ONE POSITIVE POINT: The phone runs smooth. No complains in the performance or any hardware.
  • jkdlhtlr jkdlhtlr
    ✭✭  / 
    Hello from my Nokia 8. Cheap LCD for a flagship. Thanks HMD Global.
  • DibyaXP DibyaXP
    ✭✭✭  / 
    jkdlhtlr said:
    Hello from my Nokia 8. Cheap LCD for a flagship. Thanks HMD Global.
    Don't worry I changed my display two time from 2017 to 2019.
    Great job HMd.
    Stop using that phone now it will hurt your eyes
  • DibyaXP DibyaXP
    ✭✭✭  / 
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    @DibyaXP I know you're frustrated, many of us are.

Some of your posts above are really good, constructive suggestions. Some of the problems you list are definitely bugs which should be fixed. Some of what you've written above are very subjective opinions which are not necessarily problems for everyone. Some of the things you've written are not problems which can be fixed but suggestions for things HMD can change in future designs.

Sometimes it might be difficult for the HMD team to tell which kind of suggestion/criticism is which, when you mix it all up together.

Still, I think that most of your statements are worth HMD acting upon, as they present a problem for many people (me included).
  • DibyaXP DibyaXP
    ✭✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    @DibyaXP I know you're frustrated, many of us are.

Some of your posts above are really good, constructive suggestions. Some of the problems you list are definitely bugs which should be fixed. Some of what you've written above are very subjective opinions which are not necessarily problems for everyone. Some of the things you've written are not problems which can be fixed but suggestions for things HMD can change in future designs.

Sometimes it might be difficult for the HMD team to tell which kind of suggestion/criticism is which, when you mix it all up together.

Still, I think that most of your statements are worth HMD acting upon, as they present a problem for many people (me included).
    I hurts when professional ROM developers devlopes ROM which are buggy than what as a single man I compiled for my nokia 8. I realised I might not have skills/knowledge like those HMd software developers but I have something beyond that which is love for my own devices. As long as those developers don't love their job , God cannot change the situation. I will advice HMd to find old Motorola, Cyanogen developers to join them. I will recommend them to leave Evenwell , I know Chinese devlopers beyond sarvikas does . They love only money and girls and money and guys .
    They don't allow bootloader unlock on my Nokia6 yet . To be honest I am frustrated.
    Stock android is fine but who ships phones without gallery and FileManager. Is it worth to download all adware from playstore?
    The statement pure secure up to date is big no in reality it is pure secure and buggy.
    FIH is making harder for unofficial Developer like Hikari Calyx to unlock bootloader . 
    HMD is pure joke now .
    Go back to 2017 , except camera we Nokia 8/6/5 users never complained about os level bugs .
    I felt the hope HMd is reincarnation of nexus phone with Nokia goodies but Oreo became buggier , pie became more buggier.
    Nougat was stable as **** . I never complained anything. Battery life was fantastic.
    I am feeling these FIH guys don't use CAF Qualcomm sources anymore , they are using raw AOSP just to save their time in pushing security updates

• Silvarro Silvarro
    ✭✭  / 
    @DibyaXP You seem to think that anything that is not Corning Gorilla Glass is inferior. NEG is the Japanese equivalent of Corning Gorilla Glass and is pretty much on the same level. But yes, Evenwell needs to get the **** out because their 'battery saver' app does more harm than good and yes, the camera app of Nokia is downright pathetic which is why people should use the Google Camera port, which is what I'm doing right now.
  • Silvarro Silvarro
    ✭✭  /  edited April 1
    Sorry, duplicate post. Delete this message please.