Blind Phone Nokia8

Hello Nokia !!!  Do you really remember that there is a premium mobile launched by you called Nokia8 and Do you remember that mobile do has camera???

Blind Phone Nokia8

Hello Nokia !!! 
Do you really remember that there is a premium mobile launched by you called Nokia8 and Do you remember that mobile do has camera???
Sorry, camera's... Yeah it has two. 
We, the first users of HMD NOKIA are facing many issues till date. I'm a Nokia 8 user and the camera app is just a dumb. The phone with laser focus is not having a good camera app and unable to capture good photosphotos.
The google pixel camera app is far better than the default app of Nokia. But after the pie update the pixel camera app is also having many issues.
Dear Nokia, if you enable TimeLapse or SlowMotion in Nokia8, the camera beacomes dark. I mean, really dark.
We have been promised to receive new camera UI with improved details for capturing pictures.
But till date nothing came real.
Our expectations got expired.
It's been long time and you are not interested to fix the mistakes done by you Nokia.

The camera app is too bad and we need these to be improved ASAP. 

Comments

• mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited March 4
    It goes dark when you select slow motion if the ambient light isn't very good because it requires so much more light to shoot at 120fps and the more FPS you shoot at the more light you need. It is more a problem with physics rather than the camera (for once).

The room i am in has only natural but bright sunlight coming in and i cant say it went dark when testing slow motion just now.
  • Cam. app died again... Flashlight option is not available
  • martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Clear cache and data of camera app and it will work again ...
  • his words dont have any value, look how easily he gave a statement and now how easily he is silent
  • Jivko Antonov Jivko Antonov
    ✭✭✭  /  edited March 5
    Cam. app died again... Flashlight option is not available
    No, the camera not died. Just set the HDR to Auto and the flash will appear. You can't use HDR and Flash simultaneously. So set bought to Auto and the camera software will decide when and what to use. 
  • user389 user389
    ✭✭  / 
    mrbelter said:
    It goes dark when you select slow motion if the ambient light isn't very good because it requires so much more light to shoot at 120fps and the more FPS you shoot at the more light you need. It is more a problem with physics rather than the camera (for once).
    I agree.

There's a possible bug, if I take a photo during video recording in low light, the screen goes black and the photo and further video recording is black until the camera is pointed towards a light source, or until video recording is stopped and I swipe back to photo mode.
    The bug also appears when using Open Camera with Camera2 API enabled.
    The error has persisted since the October 2018 camera update mess.

I'm curious, are you able to reproduce this issue on your Nokia 8?

-- 
    Hans
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I've not got open camera on my phone at the minute Hans sorry, i am sure someone will give a go.
  • user389 user389
    ✭✭  / 
    The black-out error happens in both HMD's camera app and Open Camera on my phone, only in low light.
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    user389 said:
    The black-out error happens in both HMD's camera app and Open Camera on my phone, only in low light.
    I shall give it a go then when it gets dark enough, blazing sunshine here at the minute for once lol
  • martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭  / 
    user389 said:
    There's a possible bug, if I take a photo during video recording in low light, the screen goes black and the photo and further video recording is black until the camera is pointed towards a light source, or until video recording is stopped and I swipe back to photo mode.
    Just tested with Standard Cam: same bug here and the picture didn't come back even when i turned the phone against the light ...
  • user389 user389
    ✭✭  / 
    Thanks @martin.fd
    I'm still waiting for the OP to let us know if this is how he provoked the camera black-out or if he has found another way...
  • user389 user389
    ✭✭  / 
    user389 said:

The bug also appears when using Open Camera with Camera2 API enabled.
    Seems to be resolved since the 00WW_5_150 April 2019 updates.
    Thank you!
  • i akso noticed the screen going dark problem with slo mo but discovered that when in slo mo just tap the screen and it got bright