New Nokia 7.1 Will Not Update from September 2018

I bought a Nokia 7.1 a few days ago since it is an Android One device and decided to move away from Motorola after 8 years of being a loyal customer.

New Nokia 7.1 Will Not Update from September 2018

Kevin Henneborn Kevin Henneborn
✭✭  /  edited March 3
I bought a Nokia 7.1 a few days ago since it is an Android One device and decided to move away from Motorola after 8 years of being a loyal customer. I noticed that my Nokia 7.1 Android Security Update was listed as September 2018, so I chatted with Tech Support. Not only did the agent not know how to allow a user to clear the cache with hardware buttons, they didn't even know how to get to the bootloader screen so I can do so.

After reviewing some YouTube videos, I was finally able to figure it out on my own. So at this point, and in the past 3 days, I have performed 2 manual hardware hard reset (set up as new phone), 6 software hard resets to original factory settings (set up as a new phone), cleared my cache, tried to update with and without 4g LTE enabled and disabled, over WiFi enabled and without, and checked for update manually about 20+ times manually under the phone settings. 

Is anyone else having Android Security Update issues? I have checked on Nokia's website and they released the Feb 2019 update a week ago, but I am not getting anything from October 2018 moving forward either (and no Android Pie update yet). Again, I purchased this device because I have always loved my Nokia Windows Phones (used for Business reasons) and they have always been stellar in product design and support.

Now I am starting to regret switching from Motorola to Nokia for my Android experience needs.
My Motorola update experience (non-Android One devices) in the past has been better than expected, and even updated to the latest software over WiFi without a Sim card installed. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Bill Masuch Bill Masuch
    ✭✭  / 
    I'm also experiencing the same exact nightmare!  I'm in the USA on Straight Talk with an AT&T sim.  Tried all found suggestions with no luck!  With or without sim, this phone will NOT update!
  • PageO PageO
    ✭✭  / 
    We are having the same issue, my husband and I both have the 7.1, mine has received all the updates and his nothing, he is really disappointed, we're trying to figure out what has gone wrong with his?
  • Nigel Rogers Nigel Rogers
    ✭✭  / 
    My recently purchased 7.1 has the same problem. Perhaps someone from Nokia could explain why this is happening.
  • Renchi Renchi
    ✭✭  / 
    Android Pie available for download this morning. Somebody restarted servers? :smile: