New Photo Blog to go Live (end of March)

Hi Everybody! I'm an old Nokia family member who has recently 're-joined' the clan. My last Nokia device was the 808 PureView.

New Photo Blog to go Live (end of March)

Pitkänen Pitkänen
✭✭✭  / 
Hi Everybody!

I'm an old Nokia family member who has recently 're-joined' the clan.
My last Nokia device was the 808 PureView.
I've now pre-ordered the Nokia 9, and cannot describe how excited I am to take my scooter around here and take some great shots - not while riding of course.
I've been 'away' for at least 7 years, and couldn't be happier to be back.
It's about time!
I started a Blogger blog which will be live at the end of the month when I finally receive my device and start snapping photos.
My goal is to upload, at minimum, 1 photo a day for 365 days.
That shouldn't be too hard!
It's nice to be excited about taking photos all over again!
Here's the blog address for those of you who may wish to check it out in the future:
https://5s5l.blogspot.com/ (The 5 Senses Through 5 Lenses)
I'll post updates in this thread when things get rolling :smiley:

Comments

• HMD_Laura HMD_Laura
    Staff member  /  edited March 5
    Hi Pitkänen, 

nice to see your excitement for the Nokia 9 :) . I'm looking very forward to your blog and your photos. 

Best regards, 
    Laura 
  • Pitkänen Pitkänen
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Thank you, @HMD_Laura!
    The shop in Hong Kong said they can send the device on March 20. Delivery 2-3 additional days.
    It's pretty exciting!
    Now to just 'forget about it' for about 18 days :lol:
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Sound fun! Looking forward to it :smiley:
  • HMD_Laura HMD_Laura
    Staff member  / 
    @Pitkänen well, in German there is this saying 'Anticipation is the greates joy' :D
    but I guess in this case the joy when the phone is in your hands will be bigger ;) 
  • Pitkänen Pitkänen
    ✭✭✭  /  edited March 5
    @madbilly I really can't wait to start exploring the camera's capabilities! I'm still unsure about a format - whether I post a daily photo, or post at least seven by week's end. It will depend on a few things.. Stay tuned! 😀👉

@HMD_Laura Well, my brother will be so pleased to hear that German proverb.

According to that reasoning, he's not having anxiety/panic attacks, but experiencing acute bouts of Enlightenment!! 😂😂
  • Pitkänen Pitkänen
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I've suspended the blog until further notice.

Having 2nd, 3rd, and 4th thoughts about even getting the device now.

Really disappointed.
  • guinnsquirrel guinnsquirrel
    ✭✭  / 
    Pitkänen said:
    I've suspended the blog until further notice.

Having 2nd, 3rd, and 4th thoughts about even getting the device now.

Really disappointed.

Why? What are you issues?
  • Pitkänen Pitkänen
    ✭✭✭  /  edited March 20
    Hi @guinnsquirrel ,
    I live in China (where the phones are made), and there's zero / 0 information about when the device will be available. Several retailers were told many different dates, all of which have been delayed time after time.
    I'm at a loss to understand the complete lack of communication or seeming lack of interest or engagement in this market.
    Many people here were prepared to buy a less-than-perfect device, but are really taken aback by the lethargic logistics - especially knowing that they have been launching in a myriad other markets globally that have been teased with 'tangible' pre-booking arrangements.
    I've pre-booked twice, and both times have had my money refunded, because the seller had to change the date and could not give me an accurate estimate on the sale price.
    That's pretty much it.
    I've had no choice but to start looking at DSLRs which go for about the same amount. But, if I'll go for it and buy a Canon or a Nikon, there's no point in keeping that blog going, if all I was excited about was showcasing what kind of great shots I could achieve by using the 9 PureView...
  • Pitkänen Pitkänen
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @guinnsquirrel
    It's ironic:
    In some places, people who have bought the device have had some complaints after having bought it.
    And here I am complaining that I can't buy the device if I wanted to, and would have accepted it for its flaws.
  • Pitkänen Pitkänen
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hi ALL,

Yes, we can forget about the 'end of March', and even the beginning of April - but, I have re-listed the Blog as I was able to purchase a 9PV from a third party seller in HK.

I 'may' receive it within the week.

Fingers crossed.

https://5s5l.blogspot.com
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Fingers crossed indeed.
  • Pitkänen Pitkänen
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @madbilly
    🎶"She'll be riding six white horses when she comes.'🎶

• Pitkänen Pitkänen
    ✭✭✭  /  edited April 7
    The universe has been kind, and the PureView that I bought TA-1087 (until now) is working great! Even the fingerprint sensor is working perfectly. The trick, I've found, was to leave the haptic sensor running and to apply a longer, regular press. Then, you get haptic feedback and the phone unlocks; not more than a second-and-a-half. Perhaps others who are having issues just need to be a bit more patient? If they're expecting the quick response of the S10's ultrasonic sensor, they will be expecting the wrong thing. I'll post a video in the next day or two which demonstrates its effectiveness. It's different - you just need to be a bit patient, but consistent.

As for photo blog activity, I anticipate starting things up soon enough. First, though, I'd like to become a bit more familiar with the camera UI and experiment a bit before posting the first shots. From what I've seen so far, the photos are great and quite true to life!

Looking forward to sharing that with you all! :smile:
  • Pitkänen Pitkänen
    ✭✭✭  /  edited April 19
    **Update** (For all y'all who wanna know)
    Tuesday, April 23rd (China time), the first set of photos will be posted to the '5 Senses With 5 Lenses' blog.
    I will be doing a weekly photo drop of 7 photos.
    Still absolutely thrilled with the 9PV! Got a 250.4MB update yesterday (including April 1 security patch) Fingerprint sensor is even better than before. However, care should be taken when you first register it. Hold the phone similarly to how you would unlock it, and you will get terrific results.
    Until Tuesday!
    Have a great weekend, everyone :smiley:
  • Pitkänen Pitkänen
    ✭✭✭  /  edited April 23
    4.1 - Online
    https://5s5l.blogspot.com/2019/04/senses-apr23-2019.html

All comments/feedback/questions welcome! :smile:
  • Pitkänen Pitkänen
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Coming very soon: Senses 4.2 - night / low light photos ---
    Just finishing the fine tuning and cropping :smile:
  • Pitkänen Pitkänen
    ✭✭✭  / 
    4.2 (night / low light) - Online
    https://5s5l.blogspot.com/2019/04/senses-42.html

All comments/feedback/questions welcome! smile

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @Pitkänen, which city is that? Cheers :)
  • Pitkänen Pitkänen
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @madbilly.
    It's Xi'an 👍
    🥂
  • Pitkänen Pitkänen
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 7
    Ready, Freddie? 😎
  • Pitkänen Pitkänen
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 7
    Senses 5.1 (Monochrome)

Technically, only 3 lenses (Shhhh!) 😉 https://5s5l.blogspot.com/2019/05/51-monochrome.html
     All comments/feedback/questions welcome! :smile:
  • Pitkänen Pitkänen
    ✭✭✭  / 
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Wow look at that smog! :disappointed:
  • Pitkänen Pitkänen
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 14
    @madbilly It started off as a sandstorm on Sunday morning - they usually last no more than 6 hours. Lord only knows what was piggy-backing on the sand. Needless to say - tennis, and going outdoors in general was postponed until ...another time.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Wow that was sand?! Amazing.
    Yes, tennis in that would have been tricky! :D
  • Pitkänen Pitkänen
    ✭✭✭  / 
  • Pitkänen said:
    Hi Everybody!

I'm an old Nokia family member who has recently 're-joined' the clan.
    My last Nokia device was the 808 PureView.
    I've now pre-ordered the Nokia 9, and cannot describe how excited I am to take my scooter around here and take some great shots - not while riding of course.
    I've been 'away' for at least 7 years, and couldn't be happier to be back.
    It's about time!
    I started a Blogger blog which will be live at the end of the month when I finally receive my device and start snapping photos.
    My goal is to upload, at minimum, 1 photo a day for 365 days.
    That shouldn't be too hard!
    It's nice to be excited about taking photos all over again!
    Here's the blog address for those of you who may wish to check it out in the future:
    https://5s5l.blogspot.com/ (The 5 Senses Through 5 Lenses)
    I'll post updates in this thread when things get rolling :smiley:

Congratulations for your blog, good photos
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Advantage @Pitkänen ! :D
    Action shots?
  • Pitkänen Pitkänen
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Thank you @BitacoraBombero_Burnout!

@madbilly Some just may be in the works for a future post. Tricky, though, to get a natural shot when only two players are present. Using a timer and a tripod for photos of myself is like taking a short ride to Awkwardville lol