How long will this be supported for ?

Hi all, 1st post, so sorry if this has been asked, but I couldn't find it.

How long will this be supported for ?

Hi all, 1st post, so sorry if this has been asked, but I couldn't find it.

I have just picked a perfect condition NOKIA 8, (which is still in warranty). what I would like to know is, how long will this phone be supported e.g. security updates, android updates and maybe Android Q ?

Comments

• mrbelter mrbelter
     / 
    It wont get Q, it has already had N, O and P, it should get security patches up to September/October 2020 if HMD treat it like an Android One device (we are at the mercy of their goodwill on that one)
  • thanks @mrbelter - good to know it will be supported for a while yet.

its a good jump from my SONY XPERIA X which I brought sim free cheap 2 years ago.

just need to find out what the best settings are.

• mrbelter mrbelter
     / 
    As you are probably aware the Nokia 8 has had a life long history of camera problems, well more accurately camera app problems and more recently it all seems to have gone a bit wrong with the introduction of Android 9, it is OK in general use but there are a number of annoying bugs that need fixing. Hopefully Android 9 will be sorted out and the Nokia 8 will be the phone it was when it was running 8.1

As for the settings, I'd just play with it until you are happy :)
  • At the end of the 2 years, Android Q will be already released and also Nokia 8 Sirocco will receive Android Q. Both use the same SoC, so it's possible we also to be blessed :) and to receive it. 

Btw... The dreams are free :)
  • Nokia 8 will receive android q and android r about of legal reasons.