My jio sim has stopped receiving and making phone calls, but my internet is working . What to do ?

I have been using this sim from 4 months, and this sim is working fine in other phones.

My jio sim has stopped receiving and making phone calls, but my internet is working . What to do ?

Sidharth Sohal Sidharth Sohal
✭✭  / 
I have been using this sim from 4 months, and this sim is working fine in other phones.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• prranjal prranjal
     /  edited March 2019 Accepted Answer
    I have swapped with other jio sim, They too are not working. But Airtel 4G is working.

Jio sims work only in the LTE mode but need the VoLTE option turned on, which is somewhere in side the dual sim or mobile networks settings of the mobile phone to make calls. Without VoLTE turned on for the sim, the Jio will only connect to the internet but won't make voice calls. Airtel sims work in both the LTE and GSM modes so when VoLTE is turned off, they make calls via the GSM/3G network. So if a recent bad OTA update on yr phone or some internal siftware issue has permanently turned off the VoLTE support on yr device, you can still download the Jio calls app for the non-VoLTE phones from the Playstore and make use of that for yr Jio sim, until you can figure out a way to enable the VoLTE support on yr mobile device.

Answers

• Facing the same problem from 3days. It was working fine for 4months
  • Sidharth Sohal Sidharth Sohal
    ✭✭  / 
    So what have you done, have you tried getting your jio sim swapped or using another jio sim ?
  • Same problem .any solution please?
  • I have swapped with other jio sim, They too are not working. But Airtel 4G is working.
  • Krishna prem Krishna prem
    ✭✭  / 
    Same problem jio sim stopped working from part 3 days . Only able to use internet and not able to make calls. I think volte support is lost... Please help
    ✭✭  / 
    Is everyone facing this problem because of the update?
    How to contact Nokia customer care, they are just providing automated messages which are not helpful.
    Could anybody tell how to divert calls in Nokia 6.1plus.

• Should take it to the nearby Nokia care, the only option
  • Hyder Irfan Hyder Irfan
    ✭✭  / 
    I am facing this on every Sim form Very First Day Its on Warranty ....But Nokia is taking this on warranty.. According to them this is not a Iusse.
  • Hyder Irfan Hyder Irfan
    ✭✭  / 
    Poor Signal Strength
    ✭✭  / 
    I have installed Jio voice call app, now I can make calls but the only issue is you have to keep mobile data on and location on at every minute. And I don't know what happens to call quality once high speed internet finishes 1.5 gb
    ✭✭  / 
    So finally I went Nokia care, there was no big issue it was just an update big which was easily fixed by software installation.
    So backup your data and go to Nokia care near you.
    Also remember after everything is done don't install update as it is not the complete version so you may face the same issue again.
    (Updates can be done after 15-20 days)

• ShubhamDutta ShubhamDutta
    ✭✭  / 

I have the exact same problem on my Nokia 7.1, for the past few days. However i have found that my Wi-Fi calls are unhindered. I can't even send or receive sms neither calls ita pretty big pain in the **** though 😒😏

• manishsaini776 manishsaini776
    ✭✭  / 

WASTE Service by Nokia. Nokia Disappointing People. Nokia don't have shame at all. Such a waste Service.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Do you get the VoLTE icon in your notifications area? Jio can only offer calls and texting services when VoLTE works. Also, check that Enhanced 4G LTE mode is enabled in Network Settings.

• Hemakumar Hemakumar
    ✭✭  / 

Same thing happened to me , i swapped my jio sim to SIM2 and it started working , i was able to see VOLTE Symbol and everything working fine , i tried again swapping sim to SIM 1 and now i do not have any issue. Everything working fine.