Let's talk about touch

Hi everyone, I've posted before about how much I miss the super-sensitive touch that some of the Lumias had, even if it had to be secretly activated on the 950s.

Let's talk about touch

madbilly madbilly
✭✭✭✭  /  edited March 6
Hi everyone,

I've posted before about how much I miss the super-sensitive touch that some of the Lumias had, even if it had to be secretly activated on the 950s.

There was also some cutting edge research done by Nokia on "3D touch" or "pre-touch" in the Lumia era, but it was never available on a device for consumers to buy, only prototypes like the 1030 "Mclaren". See this post on All About Windows Phone for more info: http://allaboutwindowsphone.com/features/item/23383_Days_of_Future_Past-.php

Just like HMD have innovated with the 9 PureView I'd like to see them innovate in other ways; not only to follow industry trends for evolution of existing features, or do the same "innovation" as others like we are seeing with foldable devices (how can it be innovation if others are already doing it?).

Maybe 3D touch really was a dead-end, not worth bringing to market, but I'm sure there are other technologies which HMD could use to truly differentiate their products with.

What would you like to see?

Cheers :)