Accessory needed: Camera grip with integrated battery + extras

Hi HMD team!You know we're all drooling over the prospect of getting our hands on the new 9 PureView.

Accessory needed: Camera grip with integrated battery + extras

madbilly madbilly
Super User  / 
Hi HMD team!
You know we're all drooling over the prospect of getting our hands on the new 9 PureView.

However, there are a few shortcomings which we've identified which could be resolved with a special accessory you could make - the camera grip with integrated battery! This would be like the PD-95G grip for the Lumia 1020: http://allaboutwindowsphone.com/reviews/item/18378_Nokia_PD-95G_Lumia_1020_Grip.php

It would have:
  • Integrated battery (as high a capacity as possible)
  • USB-C plug connection to communicate with and charge the 9 PureView
  • Tripod connection
  • Good design for cooling the 9 PureView, since otherwise it could get hot when wrapped in a large case
  • Xenon flash (the grip tells the phone not to use it's own flash, but the grip's one instead)
  • Two stage shutter button (communicates via USB-C)
  • Lanyard attachment
  • Another USB-C connection socket for charging it up
Or maybe you can come up with something which provides all this without actually making the phone any bigger? Now that would be innovation!

Cheers :smiley:

Comments

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 
    And a MicroSD card slot! :smiley:
  • Weagle Weagle
    ✭✭  / 
    Oh man this would be a dream! I 110% would buy it right now
  • madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 
    We could even include a 3.5mm headset socket ;)
  • Laze Sun Laze Sun
    ✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    and support audio input pls.
    Hot shoe for flash light and 1/4“ tripod socket hole needed.

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 
    laze sun said:
    madbilly said:
    and support audio input pls.
    Hot shoe for flash light and 1/4“ tripod socket hole needed.

Ooooh, nice idea for using a good quality microphone. The 3.5mm would include mic input, but I suppose you mean a dedicated socket?
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I totally agree. :smiley:  Exactly such accessories need Nokia (HMD).  :smiley:  I'd like to add stereo speakers.  ;)
  • Although those other features would be great. I'd be happy if it just added the tripod hole, battery and two stage shutter button. This needs to be a thing and it needs to be soon.

Adding to the wish list though, a lens cover. Not unlike the one from the N900.
  • madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 
    @petrus and @Torka , good ideas :smiley:
  • N808 N808
    ✭✭  / 
    Torka said:
    Although those other features would be great. I'd be happy if it just added the tripod hole, battery and two stage shutter button. This needs to be a thing and it needs to be soon.

Adding to the wish list though, a lens cover. Not unlike the one from the N900.

In the meantime, have you considered the Adonit PhotoGrip Qi?

• That thing is pretty cool, I really like all of the features. Especially that the button comes out for a remote trigger.

Its just a bit too bulky, it doesnt compare to the pocketability of the camera grip for the 1020. I'd probably find myself never having it with me.