Continous screen Awake issue - Android Pie

My Nokia 8.1 is facing a strange issue, the screen becomes awake after every few seconds and then goes off and comes back even without notifications.

Continous screen Awake issue - Android Pie

Sagar Pune Sagar Pune
✭✭  / 
My Nokia 8.1 is facing a strange issue, the screen becomes awake after every few seconds and then goes off and comes back even without notifications. Stopping notifications background service is not helping. This happens even in Safe Mode. This is a serious bug in android Pie. It drains battery heavily. Google and Nokia need to fix this issue. Now I am wondering did I made a mistake of buying this phone?

Comments

• carboxqzr carboxqzr
    ✭✭  / 
    download ui tuner from play store. Open it and disable ambient display. The problem will get resolved.
  • Sagar Pune Sagar Pune
    ✭✭  / 
    Thanks but doesn't help. There was no problem earlier suddenly this has started and it has a serious drain on battery. I have even turned off all notifications in ambient display.
    Now is this a Android One -9 problem or Nokia that I don't know
  • Nitin Thengal Nitin Thengal
     /  edited March 12
    I'm facing same issue. Please assist on this as early as possible.
  • Nitin Thengal Nitin Thengal
     /  edited March 22
    In settings for ambient display make lift to check phone option off and also off the double tap to wake up screen
  • Arpit Shahi Arpit Shahi
    ✭✭  / 
    I am facing same issue
  • Rohit Nisal Rohit Nisal
    ✭✭  / 
    Even i am facing the same issue....it has being suddenly started after the recent update.....please resolve it as soon as possible
  • seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  / 
    No such issue with mine, only wakes with notifications
  • GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 
    You live with a ghost, its sitting next to you and turning on your phone. 
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    No one has mentioned charging but if it is while you are on charge turn off always on during charging
  • Dominic Ng Dominic Ng
    ✭✭  / 
    I am also facing this issue after May Security update 2019...
  • Ravinder Bhambhu Ravinder Bhambhu
    ✭✭  / 
    me also facing this issue and double tap to wake also not working.
  • Dominic Ng Dominic Ng
    ✭✭  / 
    I have just turn off the bluetooth of my Nokia 8.1, it don't wake up the screen issue.
    I have installed Xiaomi Mi fit app and Mi Band 3 connected. I am not sure whether it is the app issue. But I will try to uninstall the app on next hour. 
  • Conqueror Conqueror
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I don't experience such. However, check your preferred settings on Ambient display 
  • Dominic Ng Dominic Ng
    ✭✭  / 
    Nothing to change setting after / before update
    ✭✭  / 
    Nothing to change setting after / before update
    What u want to say???
    @Dominic Ng
  • Dominic Ng Dominic Ng
    ✭✭  /  edited May 20
    After May Security update 2019, screen awake issue are happened. But I did not changed any phone setting(Ambient display & double tap).
    Someone said that the screen was replaced and then the issue resolved, But I think this issue is not about hardware.
  • I was also facing the same issue of screen awake after few seconds which is causing the drain of battery in standby. What I did is
    1- on the developer option by touching 5 times in build option (about phone) and disable all the things except Automatic system updates.
    2- clear the app preferences.

That works for me
  • Itssid Itssid
    ✭✭  / 
    I'm also facing this issue after the May security patch.
    ✭✭  / 
    now double tap to wake also not working on my phone
    ✭✭  / 
    @nitheesh read this thread
  • TomD TomD
    ✭✭  / 
    Can confirm I'm suffering from this issue after the May UK update. Rather annoying.
  • sayyed vihan sayyed vihan
    ✭✭✭  / 
    now double tap to wake also not working on my phone
    For me its working fine @Ravinder Bhambhu
    ✭✭  / 
    somebody found any solution???
  • Dominic Ng Dominic Ng
    ✭✭  / 
    somebody found any solution???
    I think we need to wait the Android security update only
  • mayank tripathi mayank tripathi
    ✭✭  / 
    I am also facing the same issue and it started after an update, I tried several options after reading the thread but nothing worked for me till now. Battery Draining fast...Nokia Team please get something on it or you will loose customers.
  • TomD TomD
    ✭✭  / 
    I'm still having this issue after the July update. I've contacted support they just told me to clear app preferences again. This morning my phone drained from 30% to 0 and consequently my alarms never went off. Thank god I didn't have to be at work.
  • Suruchi Suruchi
    ✭✭  / 
    To resolve this issue, you need to disable 'tap to wake' option in display settings.
  • > @Suruchi said:
    > To resolve this issue, you need to disable 'tap to wake' option in display settings.

This tip seems to help. Thank you!
  • Dominic Ng Dominic Ng
    ✭✭  / 
    After August Update done (~4hr), this issue is no happen again... but I should wait 1-2 day to check.