Nokia 3 Updates

Nokia 3 is is overpriced smartphone in 2017-18 for its hardware. Therefore, we have the right to receive monthly security updates.But nokia has made slow upgrade to nokia 3 This is very bad for Nokia.

Nokia 3 Updates

Nokia 3 is is overpriced smartphone in 2017-18 for its hardware. Therefore, we have the right to receive monthly security updates.But nokia has made slow upgrade to nokia 3
This is very bad for Nokia. Because old phone are is original warranty for New Nokia phones.
security path level of Nokia 3 is 2 month old... 

Comments

• Appu Mali Appu Mali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Yes February security patch yet not received, & Oreo 8.1 update also in India Indonesia UK and some Asian specific countries not received yet
  • user1535909226452 user1535909226452
    ✭✭  /  edited March 2019
    Could anyone tell me why Nokia doing like this?
  • Appu Mali Appu Mali
    ✭✭✭  / 

• You are lucky, mine Nokia 3 , TA 1020 is up-to-date with Android 7.1.1. This Android One is just a PR-trick.
  • moosavy moosavy
     / 
    Hi
    I updated my Nokia 3 to android pie tonight. But after update I encounter with 2 pattern screen. The first is my original pattern which the phone worked with it before update.
    The second pattern screen, but doesn't work with my original pattern. So I can't open my phone anymore.
    Note: after the first pattern screen with my original pattern comes, I draw the pattern and then android booting starts. After loading I encounter the second pattern screen which doesn't work with my patter.
    How can I fix it?
    Is there a default pattern for login to android pie at the first time?
  • Sayan Bhar Sayan Bhar
    ✭✭  / 
    moosavy said:
    Hi
    I updated my Nokia 3 to android pie tonight. But after update I encounter with 2 pattern screen. The first is my original pattern which the phone worked with it before update.
    The second pattern screen, but doesn't work with my original pattern. So I can't open my phone anymore.
    Note: after the first pattern screen with my original pattern comes, I draw the pattern and then android booting starts. After loading I encounter the second pattern screen which doesn't work with my patter.
    How can I fix it?
    try to factory reset your phone...
  • Android Pie is not yet available in Belgium  for Nokia 3
  • zuhairtm zuhairtm
     /  edited June 2019
    Same thing happens to my phone.factory reset is not a solution.
    How can I fix it?
  • OH1KH OH1KH
    ✭✭  / 
    Yesterday I got Android 9 + security #5 updates to my Nokia 3- After that it went unusable: If display went off (by timer that I have set to 2min) there was no way to open it again except long press of power button (or volume + power buttons=soft reset).
    As long as display was visible phone worked, but phone's call sound was played with chunks (like via super slow internet connection):
    When display went off there was no way to answer incoming call, and if display was oof for longer time "this mobile number cannot be reach" I.E. whole phone died.

Help chat could not help: They suggested "safe mode" it did not help. Then they suggested factory reset and if that does not help get phone to service.

Before doing factory reset I removed SD card (16Gb Sandisk ultra).
    After that I noticed that phone started to play call tune normally and when display went off it could be opened from button as before. When SD card was inserted problem started again.

SD card must be formatted, or (as in my case) if there is valuable data like photos first connect card to computer, run checkdisk, then remove all files and folders but not DCIM folder (holds photos).
    Put card back to phone and now it works again.
  • OH1KH OH1KH
    ✭✭  /  edited June 2019
    This is getting serious!

Today 2019-06-27 I got new system update and asked to restart. I did so and got just same results as previous time.
    Ringtone plays "in chunks", I was not able to answer incoming call as side button did not open screen and it did not open from incoming call.
    After restart there was no new call registered in recent call list.

But fix was just the same as before:
    1)Close phone: You must first start it by pressing volume and side button long time to get restart and control back to make proper close down.
    2)Remove SD card and place to to computer
    3)Run checkdisk (Linux: fsck.vfat) to clean "dirty bit" from file system
    4)Remove all files and folders except DCIM
    5)Place SD back to phone and start it: Works again!

If you can not access computer (traveling etc.) just remove SD card and leave it away. Phone should work also then.

After this system security update phone still says it is Android version 9 security update 5.june 2019
  • uresh tharanga uresh tharanga
    ✭✭  / 
    <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/Sayan%20Bhar">Sayan Bhar</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText"><blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/moosavy">moosavy</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">Hi

How can I fix it?

Is there a default pattern for login to android pie at the first time?</div>
    </blockquote>
    try to factory reset your phone...
    </div>
    </blockquote>
    How to factory reset phone. ? Plz help step by step