Nokia 8.1 freezing issue

Nokia 8.1 gets freezes many times a day even when I do general task like jumping between apps, after call is disconnected, opening app drawer, while typing, n many more.

Nokia 8.1 freezing issue

user1528053379789 user1528053379789
✭✭  /  edited March 8
Nokia 8.1 gets freezes many times a day even when I do general task like jumping between apps, after call is disconnected, opening app drawer, while typing, n many more.
It gets freezes mostly every time....this is annoying.
Having a phone with 4 gb ram and sd 710 n cost around 30k,....this is not accepted.

After the screen gets freeze...then i i ha to lock n unlock it to make it work normally....n sometimes in worst situations even have to restart the device.

I also did a hard reset of my device hoping that the freezing issue will be gone....but no it was there.

I am not a heavy user n using only general google apps n no games at all.....also having 70% of my phone storage free.

I request Nokia to look into the issue asap n provide with an update.

Comments

• MD.Rahim MD.Rahim
    ✭✭  / 
    After a call end it's freez often.
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Have you guys downloaded google file? It might happen due to cache files. 
  • user1528053379789 user1528053379789
    ✭✭  / 
    so u r saying that it is happening due to google files go app?
  • Argho Sarkar Argho Sarkar
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Its an software issue from Google ... google needs to fix this.. Files app is already pre-installed with Nokia 8.1
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    It gets freezes mostly every time....this is annoying.
    Having a phone with 4 gb ram and sd 710 n cost around 30k,....this is not accepted.

After the screen gets freeze...then i i ha to lock n unlock it to make it work normally....n sometimes in worst situations even have to restart the device.

I also did a hard reset of my device hoping that the freezing issue will be gone....but no it was there.

I am not a heavy user n using only general google apps n no games at all.....also having 70% of my phone storage free.

I request Nokia to look into the issue asap n provide with an update.
    Yepp bro .. I am too facing this issue .. many times while i m multi tasking
    ✭✭  / 
    Its an software issue from Google ... google needs to fix this.. Files app is already pre-installed with Nokia 8.1
    yes....n if its an issue with files app then files also google need to push an update for files go app.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    yes....n if its an issue with files app then files also google need to push an update for files go app.
    Not an issue with files app.. Its an issue in Nokia 8.1 since I have bought the device .. Its an issue with Android 9 pie in Nokia 8.1 I guess .. though i am used to it now
    ✭✭  / 
    Not an issue with files app.. Its an issue in Nokia 8.1 since I have bought the device .. Its an issue with Android 9 pie in Nokia 8.1 I guess .. though i am used to it now
    yes its in issue in android 9....n we can hope google has already worked on it because feb security update is shipped with android pie update for 8.1 in IRAQ.
    Though the update didn't reached India and its been march now.....so we can hope to see all the updates in march.
  • Eslam mahmoud 94 Eslam mahmoud 94
    ✭✭  / 
    try to clear cache
    ✭✭  /  edited March 8
    which cache?
  • Rahber Ali Rahber Ali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    App freezing on my phone (only WhatsApp and YouTube ) disappeared after the Jan patch update. There is no Way in **** I am updating my phone until a confirmed stable and bug free update is released, as its working amazing as of now. No idea why it's still happening on your phones. Strange really.

Also, a lot of the new buyers have written in with new issues like usb issue, poor screen than expected, phone hanging regularly etc. 
  • Rahber Ali Rahber Ali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    which cache?
    Use something like a CCleaner to clear out app caches. They take up tons of space, especially on apps like Instagram which end up having a GB or more in cache sizes. You can also do it manually by going into individual apps from settings and cleaning out. 
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Eslam mahmoud 94 said:
    try to clear cache
    cache clean does not work.. i do that all the time.. still facing the issue
  • nitin kachare nitin kachare
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited March 8
    Just clean junk/trash/cache whether from file go or use other applications ccleaner or All In One Toolbox or may do soft reset/restart. Check Applications updates if anyone have or not.Wait for updates after that do full reset.
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

I am saying that do you have "file by Google" app? If not then download it because it clears out the caches and unnecessary data. 
    If you haven't tried it out, do it, it really helps, it's a great app. And if problem still persist then clear cache and force stop every third party app manually. :)
    ✭✭  / 

I am saying that do you have "file by Google" app? If not then download it because it clears out the caches and unnecessary data. 
    If you haven't tried it out, do it, it really helps, it's a great app. And if problem still persist then clear cache and force stop every third party app manually. :)
    yes i use files app by google....its by default in android pie.......n these apps like CC CLEANER...these apps are bullshit.....they only eat up space and drain battery...i suggest not to use these types of cleaners....they only put load on your processor (checkout youtube videos).
    I think this issue is after the January security update....n google is working on it as I mentioned in above comments.....n I hope we will get March patch with another android pie update.
  • NikhilRaut NikhilRaut
    ✭✭  / 
    Still issue not fixed for me. Now it's happening 2 3time in day.😣, Really disappointing with Nokia.
  • Rvo Rvo
    ✭✭  / 
    I still have the same freezing issues. Tried everithing cashes cleaning . Removing all the apps . Restoring factury settings. Still with the  new android 10 patch 5 sept 2019 the same freezing issues. I very disappointed in the new Nokia 8.1. Has anyone the sollution. 🥵🥵🥵
  • Rvalusa Rvalusa
    ✭✭  / 
    Its due to Android Update also. The issue has become frquent after update to Android 10 . 
  • Arash heidari Arash heidari
    ✭✭  / 
    my nokia8.1 freeze too and display turned on automatically then i call to  nokia support and they told me display should be change.
  • Sahel Ghosh Sahel Ghosh
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia team is full of morons, even service centers guys confirmed the freezing problem is common and exclusive to nokia 8.1 device,band it not have been solved yet. The team of idiots, in nokia hmd global team is not working for a fix, even after android 10 update this problem not been resolved. Kindly chNge our device.
  • GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Nokia team is full of morons, even service centers guys confirmed the freezing problem is common and exclusive to nokia 8.1 device,band it not have been solved yet. The team of idiots, in nokia hmd global team is not working for a fix, even after android 10 update this problem not been resolved. Kindly chNge our device.
    Good, leave, I must have a special phone, my 8.1 has never frozen on Android 10. 
  • Rahber Ali Rahber Ali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    No it's not common. That is nonsense being spread either by you or those service center guys who don't have a clue. This phone never had a hanging issue either on Android 9 or 10. If yours is freezing, means it is a one off faulty unit. 

Obviously, they won't change your device but you surely can, by buying a new one.