Auto restart Nokia 8

How to fix auti restart ini Nokia 8, i try to hard reset and back to developer reset but it wont succes

Auto restart Nokia 8

dhimas khalis dhimas khalis
✭✭  / 
How to fix auti restart ini Nokia 8, i try to hard reset and back to developer reset but it wont succes

Answers

• Hugh Matthews Hugh Matthews
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Is this happening very often? Mine does it perhaps once every two weeks. Very annoying. I have also factory-reset my 8.
  • Showkatl Showkatl
    ✭✭  / 
    Am facing same auto restart multiple times in a day after February update. Tried factory reset multiple times. Went to service centre, they rolled it back to 8.1 but after update problem is back. Not been able to get this fixed. Most of the time I see reboot when using camera. 
    Not sure how to fix
  • user389 user389
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    It's not normal for a phone to restart.
    I suggest replace the SIM card and use the phone without any SD memory card for some time, to rule out potential issues with those.
    Ask for a replacement phone if the error persists. Please note, this forum can't help do that, you'll need to persist at the service centre or the place of purchase 

I hope you get it sorted out.

-- 
    Hans
  • > @Showkatl said:
    > Am facing same auto restart multiple times in a day after February update. Tried factory reset multiple times. Went to service centre, they rolled it back to 8.1 but after update problem is back. Not been able to get this fixed. Most of the time I see reboot when using camera. 
    > Not sure how to fix

i am also facing same problem and dont know what to do now, is there any solution on this
  • Same issue with me
  • user389 user389
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Your mobile operator / carrier should replace the SIM card for free when you complain to them that your phone restarts itself.
    If the phone is equipped with an SD memory card:
    In Settings > Storage, tap the eject symbol for the SD, wait until the phone prompts the SD is unmounted (10-20 seconds).
    Power down the phone, eject the SIM tray, remove the old SIM and the SD memory card (if any), insert the new replacement SIM but do not insert any memory card.
    Power up the phone and activate the new SIM according to the instructions that comes with it. The procedure vary per operator.
    Does this help or not?
    --
    Hans
  • Showkatl Showkatl
    ✭✭  / 
    I don't use SD card, have tried without sim same issue. Narrowed down issue mostly to Camera usage.
  • Shubham Chaudhari Shubham Chaudhari
    ✭✭  / 

Guys, please like, retweet and reply here. We need to get their attention to the multitude of issues plaguing us after recent Nokia 8 updates.
  • Eric van Dulst Eric van Dulst
    ✭✭  / 
    Guy's sell you Nokia device on cashify for 3000 ₹ and go on amazon.in and order a OnePlus 7 pro all your problems will be solved . #ditchNokia they don't care about us

That's NOT true. Nokia cares. The phones has very good support . Depending in which country you live of course. But Nokia try hard to give  support everywhere
  • Karan Chavda Karan Chavda
    ✭✭  / 
    I made the same post in February. It's a battery problem mostly. Try to see if it happens when the mobile is charging. If it doesn't restart, it's a battery problem. It happens because the aluminium body is good conductor of heat and the usual heat/cold reduces battery life. Try to use a case that is insulator of heat.
  • Didiku Didiku
    ✭✭  / 
    Hi .. I'm user from Indonesia,
    Many Nokia 8 users in Indonesia had the same problem random restart, in some case specially when using camera, and they said the problem resolve after battery replacement
  • jkdlhtlr jkdlhtlr
    ✭✭  /  edited June 16
    I made the same post in February. It's a battery problem mostly. Try to see if it happens when the mobile is charging. If it doesn't restart, it's a battery problem. It happens because the aluminium body is good conductor of heat and the usual heat/cold reduces battery life. Try to use a case that is insulator of heat.
    If the problem is the aluminum body, why this issue only occurs on Nokia 8? Im using  Nokia 6 and Nokia 5 also, and there's more other phones on the market that produce a build like this but they dont have a battery  worse than on Nokia 8? 

I think this is Quality Issue, HMD once again tell us that they are selling tank-like build quality with cheap internal hardwares.
  • Vinod Menon Vinod Menon
     /  edited June 17
    I have the same issue with my Nokia 8. It's now so bad that a little bit of activity on my phone triggers a series of restarts and can be stopped only by charging it. I took it to authorised Nokia Care centre in Bangalore, Samvradhi Technologies. The technician there just heard the problem, didn't bother to even look at the device and said I need to change the motherboard and that will cost INR16K. I asked him if it could be a battery issue and he reiterated that motherboard replacement is required. I don't see any point in spending 16K so not sure what to do.
  • Mick1965 Mick1965
    ✭✭✭  / 
    jkdlhtlr said:
    If the problem is the aluminum body, why this issue only occurs on Nokia 8? Im using  Nokia 6 and Nokia 5 also, and there's more other phones on the market that produce a build like this but they dont have a battery  worse than on Nokia 8? 

I think this is Quality Issue, HMD once again tell us that they are selling tank-like build quality with cheap internal hardwares.
    I have had my 8 for almost 18 months and do not have a problem with it restarting randomly.
    Blaming the aluminium shell I a little naive.
    A bad batch of batteries or main boards maybe.
  • user1538988732909 user1538988732909
    ✭✭  /  edited June 23
    This problem only occur when I use camera app. And quick charge no longer work. (This started after certain update)
  • potemkin_redux potemkin_redux
    ✭✭✭  /  edited June 23
    Mick1965 said:
    A bad batch of batteries or main boards maybe.
    I agree, and hope "a bad batch" doesn't become all of Nokia 8 phones. This wasn't happening a year ago and now looks like an epidemic.
  • Hanjian Martin Hanjian Martin
    ✭✭  / 
    <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/Karan%20Chavda">Karan Chavda</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">I made the same post in February. It's a battery problem mostly. Try to see if it happens when the mobile is charging. If it doesn't restart, it's a battery problem. It happens because the aluminium body is good conductor of heat and the usual heat/cold reduces battery life. Try to use a case that is insulator of heat.

But does i need to change my battery after a month or theres a solution to save the battery life.</div>
    </blockquote>
  • Vasudev Sankar Vasudev Sankar
    ✭✭  / 
    I have the same issue of my device (Nokia 8) restarting but I have realised that it is due to a heat issue. Whenever your device gets to hot/warm then it will restart. I can only guess that it is to ensure that nothing happens like the explosions of the Samsung Galaxy note 7
    ✭✭  / 
    <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/Hanjian%20Martin">Hanjian Martin</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">Karan Chavda said:

But does i need to change my battery after a month or theres a solution to save the battery life.</div>
    </blockquote>
    I mean how to increase battery health, for no issue like this again because i already uses insulator heat case.</div>
    </blockquote>
  • Mick1965 Mick1965
    ✭✭✭  / 

How do you explain all the Nokia 8's out there with out this problem.
    I can see how it could be a battery problem but blaming it on the aluminium case is just ....well.

If anything the aluminium case should help regulate the temperature better.
    ✭✭  / 
    Mick1965 said:

How do you explain all the Nokia 8's out there with out this problem.
    I can see how it could be a battery problem but blaming it on the aluminium case is just ....well.

If anything the aluminium case should help regulate the temperature better.
    My nokia 8 is restarting itself too. So my nokia 8 have the battery problem, now im gonna replace my battery at the service center, but is there a way to keep the battery durable and no need to replace it again?
  • Mick1965 Mick1965
    ✭✭✭  /  edited June 27
    @Hanjian Martin
    If the battery is faulty, it may not have necessarily started off that way. Changing the battery may well fix the fault to begin with, but if for example the charging circuit is not doing its job correctly, then said battery will degrade again and become faulty.
    There are too many parameters to guess.
    Assuming it is a fault with the battery, you have to hope the technician that is doing the repair checks for the reason the battery went faulty in the first place.

On the other hand you may have an entirely different problem to why the phone randomly restarts.
  • Mick1965 said:
    @Hanjian Martin
    If the battery is faulty, it may not have necessarily started off that way. Changing the battery may well fix the fault to begin with, but if for example the charging circuit is not doing its job correctly, then said battery will degrade again and become faulty.
    There are too many parameters to guess.
    Assuming it is a fault with the battery, you have to hope the technician that is doing the repair checks for the reason the battery went faulty in the first place.

On the other hand you may have an entirely different problem to why the phone randomly restarts.
    Showkatl said:
    Am facing same auto restart multiple times in a day after February update. Tried factory reset multiple times. Went to service centre, they rolled it back to 8.1 but after update problem is back. Not been able to get this fixed. Most of the time I see reboot when using camera. 
    Not sure how to fix
    > @Showkatl said:
    > Am facing same auto restart multiple times in a day after February update. Tried factory reset multiple times. Went to service centre, they rolled it back to 8.1 but after update problem is back. Not been able to get this fixed. Most of the time I see reboot when using camera. 
    > Not sure how to fix

i am also facing same problem and dont know what to do now, is there any solution on this
    Same issue with me
    Didiku said:
    Hi .. I'm user from Indonesia,
    Many Nokia 8 users in Indonesia had the same problem random restart, in some case specially when using camera, and they said the problem resolve after battery replacement
    I have the same issue with my Nokia 8. It's now so bad that a little bit of activity on my phone triggers a series of restarts and can be stopped only by charging it. I took it to authorised Nokia Care centre in Bangalore, Samvradhi Technologies. The technician there just heard the problem, didn't bother to even look at the device and said I need to change the motherboard and that will cost INR16K. I asked him if it could be a battery issue and he reiterated that motherboard replacement is required. I don't see any point in spending 16K so not sure what to do.
    I also encountered this problem last week. Phone automatically restarts when running resource intensive apps (like camera and Battery waster) at under certain battery level, to me it's 30%.
    Recently I've found out that when turning off Adaptive Battery feature in settings, phone was no longer automatically restart. So I think this maybe some careless feature implementation of HMD Global to rush for updating their phones on time. For Fast Charging lost problem, I will test it and report later.
    Guys please try turning off Adaptive Battery to see if this is really the cause. Thank you.
  • potemkin_redux potemkin_redux
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Recently I've found out that when turning off Adaptive Battery feature in settings, phone was no longer automatically restart. So I think this maybe some careless feature implementation of HMD Global to rush for updating their phones on time.
    Well, the fact is HMD didn't rush anything with updating Nokia 8 to Android 9. They took their sweet time and still delivered bunch of bugs.
  • santhum08 santhum08
    ✭✭  / 
    I am too facing auto restart issue from last few weeks.  Very annoying. Let me try turning off adaptive battery option. But nokia really disappointed in terms of quality.
  • Hoàng An Nguyễn Hoàng An Nguyễn
    ✭✭  / 
    I've replaced battery for $19 at an authorized repairing agent. Things went well so far, no sudden restart, fast charging working again.
    The old battery seems normal without any bulging, so maybe circuitry on the battery is to blame. Still figuring out what is the root of problem.
  • santhum08 santhum08
    ✭✭  / 
    santhum08 said:
    I am too facing auto restart issue from last few weeks.  Very annoying. Let me try turning off adaptive battery option. But nokia really disappointed in terms of quality.
    Adaptive brightness didn't help. But fortunately this issue got resolved for me by the latest update from nokia. no restart observed for more than 2 weeks.
  • fred the coward fred the coward
    ✭✭  / 
    see my post on other thread. good luck

• Guys, please like, retweet and reply here. We need to get their attention to the multitude of issues plaguing us after recent Nokia 8 updates.