No thumbnails in camera folder when connected to computer, win7-64bit

I can not see photo thumbnails in the camera folder.

No thumbnails in camera folder when connected to computer, win7-64bit

woodensboy woodensboy
✭✭  / 
I can not see photo thumbnails in the camera folder. I need to be able to select photos directly from the internal memory to save them to the computer or delete them in order to make more memory space after they have been saved to the cloud. My LG G4 showed thumbnails.

Comments

• Dailylife Dailylife
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @woodensboy That is strange - seeing as those aren't the raw images? Are they crazy big? (xxMBytes?) Could it be that those images contain the depth maps and, as such, do not show thumbnails?

• Dailylife Dailylife
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @woodensboy - Looks like you had some nice ...fajitas, or ...Sloppy Joe's on October 13th? :smiley:
  • woodensboy woodensboy
    ✭✭  / 
    I turned the depth map off and I upgraded to 5.1 Net Framework, still no thumbnails. I now have to troubleshoot the usb connection because the driver fails. How I miss "Nokia Suite"... it made life simple. I also miss the ability to make calls and send & receive text messages, it had it all. In the meantime I would like to download a driver to see the phone or use a 3rd party program like Mobile go, it sees the phone but will not connect because I need to turn on debugging like I did on my LG G4.

• Dailylife Dailylife
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @youhippy Yeah, if you didn't take ironic, identical photos of a parrot during that span of time, your thumbnails still ain't loading... (head scratcher)

P.S - Agreed re: Nokia Suite!
  • woodensboy woodensboy
    ✭✭  / 
    If I copy all the files from the phone and paste them into a folder on my computer, then I can see the thumbnails. It would be nice to edit from the camera folder once connected to the computer.

• ignas ignas
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I've found MTP on Android to be terrible no matter what device or version I used. It loads slow, it shows thumbails if it feels like it, it shows non-existing files that break copying that's in progress or it just crashes explorer.exe if I make sudden movements.
    You may be having some driver issue here, maybe in part due to having an older OS too, but I don't even bother beyond copying files in bulk. 
    Try setting the USB connection to PTP, maybe that helps.
  • woodensboy woodensboy
    ✭✭  / 
    Thank you ignas, I have tried the PTP and it sees the files in the same way. I will just have to see if drivers become available through nokia or perhaps they can resurrect something like Nokia Suite for us faithful nokia users. I'm really enjoying this thing :) 
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    the way android connects to PC has changed since Ice cream sandwich...no longer mass storage mode like Hard disk. 
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    use airdroid. 
  • woodensboy woodensboy
    ✭✭  / 
    My LG G4 shows thumbnails connected directly to the PC, I wonder why?
  • rupert rupert
    ✭✭  / 
    So, no answer to this. Every other Android, I have tried shows the images when connect to a PC. It is not a "since Ice cream sandwich" issue.
  • Dailylife Dailylife
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 2019
    From what I've read online, it's also an issue with those using Moto G6 (Android 8 Oreo) and Google Pixel 3 (Android 9 Pie)

The folks involved, by sharing what steps the took, may have revealed the source of the issue: 'Google'.

Both people contacted Verizon, Google and Moto customer service. They all suggested uploading all files to Google Drive in order to see the dear thumbnails.
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/693594/thumbnails-not-showing-up-when-transferring-images/

But, would you really believe that 'Don't Do Evil' Google would kill a previously enjoyed feature in order to silently coerce users into their cloud? (sarcasm)

I happily upload to a folder on my PC which I use to temporarily stage my library.

It sure beats voluntarily handing over my private data to Google.

Have a good one! :smile:

• ScaryBarry ScaryBarry
    ✭✭  / 

Did this ever get sorted? I have the Nokia 7.2 and no thumbnails when connected to PC Windows. Absolutely terrible to have to transfer all pics to the PC then able to see the thumbnails.

As another user mentioned, definitely miss the Nokia Suite. What happened that? No way to synch with Outlook anymore with out a 3rd party, which I will not do. Or am I missing something?

Unfortunately, I may have to go back to Samsung :-(