Fingerprint Problem

After I updated my OS into Android 9 (Pie) my fingerprint has been erased and I can't add any fingerprint it's stucking at 5%.

Fingerprint Problem

Jonathan Wuntu Jonathan Wuntu
✭✭  / 
After I updated my OS into Android 9 (Pie) my fingerprint has been erased and I can't add any fingerprint it's stucking at 5%. I just want to make sure if this problem is a software problem or hardware problem in my fingerprint scanner?

Comments

• Krishna07 Krishna07
    ✭✭  / 
    After I updated my OS into Android 9 (Pie) my fingerprint has been erased if the phone is shutdown, ... And Call Sound is very low... Please help me..
  • Navoshi Navoshi
     /  edited March 16
    I have the same issue. My fingerprint stucks at 5%. I thought this was a hardware problem but after reading this i realized it wasn't.
  • kofik kofik
    ✭✭  / 
    Do hard reset.
  • Jonathan Wuntu Jonathan Wuntu
    ✭✭  / 
    kofik said:
    Do hard reset.
    Really? Does this method work? 'Cause I really don't want to reset my phone, especially I've important files and photos in my phone, it's a huge bummer. I really like to know another method though, if there's no other choices than I'll consider do a hard reset.
  • kofik kofik
    ✭✭  / 
    Yes. I did not want to scan each day fingers. It sucks but for now only solution. But you can wait for update.
  • jordi77 jordi77
    ✭✭  / 
    When it happened to me i was told to put the phone into safe mode and that you have to press the power button and then on it press the restart button but hold it down until you see safe mode in the bottom of the screen and then go to settings and turn off Google's lock in the settings and that one is under where you put your finger prints in the 2nd one down and you can then put your finger prints in your phone and after you do that you have to restart your phone and go back into settings and turn back on the Google lock you turned off and after that you can put your finger prints in without any problems and the other problem you can do it by going to your build up part on your phone next to where all of your phone's identification number and other information you can get and press build no. A few times and you will get your a developer and that part you can see the parts that you were not supposed to see but I got that tip from the internet so I am passing it on
  • Trek12 Trek12
    ✭✭  / 
    Safe mode is the best solution
  • Mohhsen Mohhsen
    ✭✭  / 
    Same here 
  • Mohhsen Mohhsen
    ✭✭  / 
    There is 2 way to solve this but till shutdown and again u have to so it . 
    1.soft reset . The way u hear it too much.
    2. Add new finger and u will see other fingers will work too.