Oem unlock greyed out

I'm very picky when it comes to phones and being able to gain root and modify my phone is a big part of my decision making process.

Oem unlock greyed out

I'm very picky when it comes to phones and being able to gain root and modify my phone is a big part of my decision making process. I purchased my Nokia 6.1 today under the impression that the bootloader could be unlocked and root could be achieved. But when I go to developer options the oem unlock button is greyed out. Also, I downloaded the unlockbootloader.apk and the file can't be opened which was strange because it's jljust a APK file. How do I go about solving both of these issues?

Comments

• wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Well non of the Nokia phones have official bootloader unlock option except the Nokia 8 at the moment. The app you downloaded must be meant for Nokia 8. Also there is no sign of hope for Nokia unlocking the bootloader of their phones any time soon.

If you really want to unlock your bootloader you can try xda developers and try and contact people there who will provide you with unofficial unlock option which you have to pay for. But, this is the one and only option if you want to unlock your bootloader and it is not so great of an option to begin with.