Should I Buy the Sirocco in 2019?

Evindzer Evindzer
✭✭✭  / 
What do you think, guys:
to Sirocco or not to Sirocco? 😃

Comments

• Pyves Pyves
    ✭✭  / 
    Bought it towards the end of November 2018, really happy with it so far. If you get it at low price, I would definitely recommend it. ;)
  • Evindzer Evindzer
    ✭✭✭  / 
    So... Remember when I posted my question whether to buy the Sirocco few months ago?
    Well, I bought it a couple of days ago & I'm very satisfied with the purchase.  Cheers. 😃

• Nirmal Katariya Nirmal Katariya
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I think OnePlus 6T or OnePlus 7 is best option.
  • svent svent
    ✭✭  / 
    Hi Community,

Its not possible for me to create a new topic, so I left my question here. I am looking for some Nokia 8 Sirocco Smartphones, but unfortunatelly in Germany there are no one available. are there any reasons for that? Sold out? End of production?

I ask inside the Nokia Chat and get no response and I write an email to [email protected] and again not answer.

Sorry for use this topic for these questions. Hope someone can help me.

Thank you very much.

Grettings Sven
  • Pyves Pyves
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2019
    I think OnePlus 6T or OnePlus 7 is best option.
    And have all my phone usage, precise app usage, localisation and other personal data sent to China without my consent? No thank you.

Bear in mind that in the case of OnePlus, unlike Huawei, this was proven and acknowledged by the company itself at the time.  But of course, they've heavily tried to minimise and market themselves out of the scandal, apparently  quite successfully by the looks of such comments.
  • Evindzer Evindzer
    ✭✭✭  / 
    svent said:
    Hi Community,

Its not possible for me to create a new topic, so I left my question here. I am looking for some Nokia 8 Sirocco Smartphones, but unfortunatelly in Germany there are no one available. are there any reasons for that? Sold out? End of production?

I ask inside the Nokia Chat and get no response and I write an email to [email protected] and again not answer.

Sorry for use this topic for these questions. Hope someone can help me.

Thank you very much.

Grettings Sven
    Hi, Sven. 🙂

As far as I know, the Sirocco wasn't a bih champion of sales for HMD, so it's quite possible that they terminated the production a while ago, and in the meantime, the stocks were sold out for sure..
    By the way, I'm from Serbia (SEE region of Europe) and here there are very few of them left unsold (price ~ 420€), so if you know anybody from Belgrade, you should talk to them and make an agreement with them to buy one for you. ☺️

• masanza masanza
    ✭✭✭  / 
    No don't buy because Nokia 8 sirocco left with 1 software Android Q rather wait for Nokia 5.2 that's a great phone
  • svent svent
    ✭✭  / 
    Hi,
    Thank you for your answers. I think I will switch to another smartphone supplier. I had selected the Nokia 8 Sirocco because of the very high requirments, quality and finally a very good feeling after first testing, but when I see now the support and availablitity.. I will have a look on the new Nokia 5.2.. but when I read on Nokia page.. "long time enterprise buiness solutions.." and then after 1 year no more device available.. hmmm sounds not really good..

Just a notice.. never get an answer from official [email protected] a pity..

Regards,
    Sven
  • Evindzer Evindzer
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Sven, 

The 5.2 will be overpriced midranger with everything midrange: screen, SoC, camera... 
  • Evindzer Evindzer
    ✭✭✭  / 
    The Sirocco is still a semi-flagship model, with exellelent screen, good SoC, enough RAM and memory, good battery and midrange camera, so I would buy it over the 5.2 all day long.
  • Argho Sarkar Argho Sarkar
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Don't buy 8 Sirocco brother, better buy Nokia 8.1
  • PSHND PSHND
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Evindzer said:
    What do you think, guys:
    to Sirocco or not to Sirocco? 😃
    No. 
  • Evindzer Evindzer
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @PSHND, too late, bro!  😃 The phone has already been purchased. 😋
  • MikkeTv MikkeTv
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2019
    Hi everyone. I ordered it for cirka 300 euros, getting it on Friday if I'm lucky... I've had a Huawei p10 for a couple of years, my only concern is the camera. Wich the Huawei may be better...
  • Evindzer Evindzer
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @MikkeTv, congrats, buddy! 😃
    300€ is a great price if it's for unused device. 👍🏻
    As for the screen quality, battery duration and performance of the device itself, you won't be disappointed.
    Camera quality is average, but it should be on par with the P10 or even slightly better.

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @Evindzer, glad to hear you took the plunge and got a Sirocco, it's a lovely looking phone. The only issues for me were 1) no dual SIM (but then my 8 isn't dual SIM either) and 2) no OIS (which my 8 has). Apart from that I think it's great, and at current prices, if you can find one, it's a bargain compared to similarly priced devices.
    Cheers :smiley:
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @madbilly I'd add repairability aspect though. Nokia Mobile does not repair the Sirocco and they will likely still charge nearly as much as the price of a new device to replace a device with a broken display. That is scary for me also considering the fact that a few users here reported the screen cracking on its own due to temperature change.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @singhnsk I didn't know about the cracks due to temperature, that's sad.
    Personally, if my phone was out of warranty, or HMD quoted me a silly amount to repair a cracked screen, I would find another dead Sirocco and have a go at repairing it myself - what would I have to lose?!
    €300 is still a good price for one of these, in my opinion.
    Cheers :)
  • Never buy Nokia phones because customer care run 8 hours sift there is no 24x7 365 days and price drop is most wrost conditions in Nokia no software bugs fix 

All things stupid company in advance world
  • Evindzer Evindzer
    ✭✭✭  /  edited August 2019
    Never buy Nokia phones because customer care run 8 hours sift there is no 24x7 365 days and price drop is most wrost conditions in Nokia no software bugs fix 

All things stupid company in advance world
    Posts like this are the reason this forum's a complete joke. 😁
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Whilst there are a lot of posts like that I'm not sure we can call them a joke. People obviously write them because they're frustrated with something, and we don't all have such a finessed way with words as you do @Evindzer ;)
    If you mean that there are too many frustrated people, then I agree with you. It's because HMD don't put enough effort into interacting with the community here to try and really understand the causes of frustration. So, the frustration never gets addressed and the same things frustrate more people, therefore there are lots of frustrated people here!
    I still hope that HMD start to put more effort into the forum here, but my hope is fading.
    Cheers :)
  • Evindzer Evindzer
    ✭✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    (...) we don't all have such a finessed way with words as you do @Evindzer ;)
    I'm not sure I deserve such high praise, but thanks. 🙃

As for the other part of your post, I agree with you, but being frustrated doesn't give anyone the right to ruin the forum experience for others. I think you know what I mean. 😉
  • So I have a Nokia 8 scirrocco and it hasn't even been a month I used the cover and screen gaurd and it fell not of a counter and immediately cracked ... unimpressed with this durability of this phone do not recommend it 
  • Evindzer Evindzer
    ✭✭✭  / 
    (...) it fell not of a counter and immediately cracked ... 
    That's what happens when you don't take care of your phone. No cover makes a phone bulletproof. 
  • MikkeTv MikkeTv
    ✭✭  / 
    Evindzer said:
    @MikkeTv, congrats, buddy! 😃
    300€ is a great price if it's for unused device. 👍🏻
    As for the screen quality, battery duration and performance of the device itself, you won't be disappointed.
    Camera quality is average, but it should be on par with the P10 or even slightly better.

Thanks! My unit have a couple of dead pixels, the seller will give me 50€ in in return. 

Other than that. +great soundquality in earphones +great cam with tripod at night +great screen + lots of space +fast 

-Single sim -can't get rid of Google search or "date quick display" in the upper main screen 🙄

• Evindzer Evindzer
    ✭✭✭  / 
    MikkeTv said:

(...) can't get rid of Google search or "date quick display" in the upper main screen 🙄

That's the idiocy that Google and HMD call feature of the Pie iteration Android One. 😱
    You can remove it only if you install the launcher. You can do it from the GP Store.
    Btw, I really resent Android One and Google's stupid "innovations" with Android 9. 🤮
  • Fox Fox
    ✭✭  / 
    Hi,

I am a Nokia9 user. It recently had a fault, so I went back to the Nokia8Sirocco.

The 8S is a lovely phone. Well built, running the latest version of Android. All apps work fine, and I have not seen any performance issues. Were it not for the super-amazing camera on the 9, I would not hesitate to use the Sirocco as my daily driver.

Still highly recommended :)