March SP and MR

This is requesting to Nokia developer team for release the Maintenance release alongwith March SP soon.......

March SP and MR

davinder5549 davinder5549
✭✭  / 
This is requesting to Nokia developer team for release the Maintenance release alongwith March SP soon.......
Tagged:

Comments

• mohan reddy mohan reddy
     /  edited March 16
    Or give us android Q Dev with bug fixes
    As per Google, Android Q beta 2 will release in  first half of April. So, they will announce the devices that get Q beta then or at Google I/O, we might get Q DPs only after that, if Nokia 7 Plus is added to the DP devices.
  • Yeah. That will take care of the two upgrades part of the Android One promise.
  • AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Yeah. That will take care of the two upgrades part of the Android One promise.
    They have promised that first 2 years we receive android update & from 3rd year SP only. So there is a probability that we can get android R too 😅😂
  • Yeah. That will take care of the two upgrades part of the Android One promise.
    They have promised that first 2 years we receive android update & from 3rd year SP only. So there is a probability that we can get android R too 😅😂
    I don't think that's what they said. I think it is two upgrades and SPs for 3 years.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I don't think that's what they said. I think it is two upgrades and SPs for 3 years.
    There is a probability sir,& probability has range [0,1] 😂😂
  • Drugo Drugo
     / 
    Some information on March update. Thanks to Akilesh

Thanks for the update.
    Keep our fingers crossed...
  • I hope this is real. We really need an update! 
  • Gimbal said:
    It is 2 and 3 years. Not 2 upgrades. Unless Nokia is already trying to bend it's promises.
    I already feel like Nokia wants to burry the 7 plus as fast as they can.
    I hope you are correct but I'm not so sure we get 'R'. It would be better if we get that, fingers crossed.
  • davinder5549 davinder5549
    ✭✭  /  edited March 18
    March SP update received even on Nokia 5.1 plus
  • schlaker schlaker
    ✭✭  / 
    The next fake?
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    without MR i m thinking to skip SP....as with every SP the battery performance gets discontinuous.
  • diogenes diogenes
    ✭✭✭  / 
    wyk said:
    as with every SP the battery performance gets discontinuous.
    Strange, I have the feeling that battery life has improved a lot. After Pie it was bad, thats true, but now it has gotten better, nearly as good as it was with Oreo.
  • shriram fowkar shriram fowkar
    ✭✭✭  /  edited March 19
    Gimbal said:
    It is 2 and 3 years. Not 2 upgrades. Unless Nokia is already trying to bend it's promises.
    N7Plus was released with Oreo

Promised ( for every Android One Device) -

2 OS Upgrades - We have already received one Android P (Pie)
                                                   We will get Android Q 

and 3 Years Secuirty Patches ie: till May-2021 I think.
  • Gimbal said:
    I hope you are correct but I'm not so sure we get 'R'. It would be better if we get 'R', fingers crossed.
  • shriram fowkar shriram fowkar
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Gimbal said:
    N7Plus was release with Oreo

Promised - 2 OS Upgrades - We have already received one Android P (Pie)
                                                   We will get Android Q 

and 3 Years Security Patches ie: till May-2021 I think. (as the device was launched in May 2018 in India I believe)
  • Dog007 Dog007
    ✭✭  / 
    > @AniketThakur said:
    > Some information on March update. Thanks to Akilesh

Any more new infos about it???
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Dog007 said:
    > @AniketThakur said:
    > Some information on March update. Thanks to Akilesh

Any more new infos about it???
    Nope 🥺
  • Vinesh Tamrakar Vinesh Tamrakar
    ✭✭  / 

Nokia 7 plus users waiting for MR be like.... 😶☠️☠️💀💀👻👻
  • ziel00ny90 ziel00ny90
    ✭✭  / 
    NOKIA 7 PLUS died. Only support was pretended. Next phone if android is only Pixel and if not then iPhone and the end of the scams.
  • woodyhxc woodyhxc
     /  edited March 26

Even if MR will be released it will be only for the N7P phones that already have MR from November I assume, it annoys me they created two updates paths for one device model 😤
  • @woodyhxc If you want to move to the other update path, you can flash the 3.39B Full ROM from XDA. It may or may not erase the user data, one user said it didn't for him, I advice you to make a back up before flashing anyway.

This is a work around and not a solution, HMD should address this ASAP.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    woodyhxc said:

Even if MR will be released it will be only for the N7P phones that already have MR from November I assume, it annoys me they created two updates paths for one device model 😤
    Downgrade to Oreo then update to 3.39 
  • schetz schetz
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @woodyhxc well we can't know for sure what will happen. At least 3 options are viable: 
    - 3.22 track gets MR because it didn't receive any so far
    - 3.39 track gets update because there are still bugs to be squashed
    - best option : MR update for both, bringing them to the same track

And there is also an underdog option, quite frequently a winner, no MR update for any track, just another SP month
  • @schetz probably an exotic option of Android Q beta with March SP may also happen.  ;)
  • schetz schetz
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @schetz probably an exotic option of Android Q beta with March SP may also happen.  ;)
    Oh yes, unstable is how we roll 😁 
    Give the Nokia 7 plus user a stable software, and we'd get lost. 
  • prasad134 prasad134
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Guys, we will get a a MR now...however all the bugs fixed in this MR will be introduced in next SP with some additional new bugs...then again we will post a thread crying for the next MR...🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • prasad134 prasad134
    ✭✭✭  / 
    For the time being, my brother's Vivo V9 works faster and lag free than my Nokia 7 Plus...keep it up HMD 🤣🤣🤣🤣