WiFi AP compatibility

Since 8.1 access point compatibility has become terrible, I have three different routers with different chipsets ranging from mediatek/atheros/broadcom (two tplinks and a billion bipac) all have good working WiFi with other devices laptops tablets not a problem but the Nokia 7 plus - that's a no go!!

WiFi AP compatibility

Watteryfowls Watteryfowls
 /  edited August 7
Since 8.1 access point compatibility has become terrible, I have three different routers with different chipsets ranging from mediatek/atheros/broadcom (two tplinks and a billion bipac) all have good working WiFi with other devices laptops tablets not a problem but the Nokia 7 plus - that's a no go!! Upload speed is non-existent affecting a lot of apps like Amazon/twitter/firefox not loading pages

8.0 never had the issue, this is my second Nokia 7 plus it will be returned to Amazon and reviewed accordingly , I was told by online chat to wait for next security patch well here we are and the issue is still present. I am able to reproduce this even in safe mode both 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands are affected. The only router that works is a bt homehub5 but had that on loan. Opensignal app and speedtest.net both flatline on the upload tests

Anyone else have this issue??

Comments

• Similar issue...some apps and websites (mainly amazon ones) don't work on some wifi networks since 8.1 (when all other devices do). Just got phone replaced and same issue.
  • Watteryfowls Watteryfowls
     / 
    In the end I gave up and got a oneplus6 no issues sorry Nokia I'm done
  • slug64 slug64
     / 
    Oh god, this is the exact issue I'm having.... Second handset in 5 days. Am I going to have to change the phone model????
     / 
    I tried everything in the router even resetting to factory settings it made no difference, the only router that worked was a bthomehub. For me this problem was present in the developer preview aswell. I advise you change as Nokia simply won't acknowledge the fault exists
  • slug64 slug64
     / 
    Thanks for your reply, a search on this forum shows no fix even be discussed so I have to agree. We all got new phones in the family this weekend so I sitting here trying a Nokia 5, Huawei p smart and Samsung A3, none have this issue and I'm now looking to just get a Huawei p smart instead. Camera a bit too.
    Such a shame I liked this phone but it's unusable 
     / 
    They are all a downgrade and the p smart moves from usb-c socket back to micro USB connector yuck! Try looking for xaomi mi 8 se it contains a Snapdragon 710 cpu
  • Not a solution but as I can't be bothered setting up another new phone I've been able to work around the problem by sending all browser internet traffic through a VPN.
  • slug64 slug64
     / 
    I've only had the handset for a week, well that's 2 handsets with same issue exactly. Retuning as still in cooling period. Found a Huawei p 20 for the same money, I'm using it now - amazing, none of those issues. Nokia, I am disappointed. First time I've tried a Nokia phone for about 12 years, won't be back
     / 
    Yes a VPN solves the problem but that's an extra service that you may have to pay for. Free VPN only lasts a certain amount of MB/GBybtes. My worry is Nokia will not fix the issue along with regular security patches and will make people wait until android p.

I still have the global version ta-1062 of the phone boxed up and will periodically test it to see if they fix it but it's not the only issue there are Bluetooth problems also.
  • Sasly, It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't fix it at all...seems to only be affecting a small number of users.... maybe. Definitely the phone that's the problem though.