Android 9.0 Pie for Nokia 5.1 (2018)

Hello everyone! I just wanted to say that Nokia 5.1 will get Android 9 Pie in 25 - 30 March with March Security Patch!

Android 9.0 Pie for Nokia 5.1 (2018)

PeterPkp PeterPkp
✭✭  / 
Hello everyone!
I just wanted to say that Nokia 5.1 will get Android 9 Pie in 25 - 30 March with March Security Patch! Lot of people were asking Nokia when Nokia 5.1 will get new version of Android. And here is answer.
😀😀😀

Comments

• Tom ytr Tom ytr
    ✭✭  / 
    Super, if it's true :) :)
  • Jorge Lopez Jorge Lopez
    ✭✭  / 
    I expected that!!!
  • PeterPkp PeterPkp
    ✭✭  / 
    Tom ytr said:
    Super, if it's true :) :)
    Yes, it is!
  • kolibri666 kolibri666
    ✭✭  / 
    Just random guy saying that update will come in 25 March
    Lmao keep believing him
  • PeterPkp PeterPkp
    ✭✭  / 
    Just random guy saying that update will come in 25 March
    Lmao keep believing him
    Nie wierzysz mi? To proszę bardzo, Nokia ogłosiła, że aktualizacja będzie wydana w 1 kwartale 2019 roku, więc wiadome jest, że będzie to tą data :smile:
  • PeterPkp PeterPkp
    ✭✭  / 

• kolibri666 kolibri666
    ✭✭  / 
    PeterPkp said:

Stary ale to może być dowolna data a nie kurwa dokładnie 25 lub 30 marca. 
  • I want it now! 🙄
  • Appu Mali Appu Mali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    PeterPkp said:
    Hello everyone!
    I just wanted to say that Nokia 5.1 will get Android 9 Pie in 25 - 30 March with March Security Patch! Lot of people were asking Nokia when Nokia 5.1 will get new version of Android. And here is answer.
    😀😀😀
    this is official information or just a Guess, I think it can get before this date also
  • Andoh Andoh
    ✭✭  /  edited March 19
    Nokia should be up and doing. Is really anoying to see nokia  two and three running 8.1 oreo, the nokia 5 now on Android 9 but nokia 5.1 advanced as compared to above mentioned phones, is stuck on android 8.0 very disappointed. 
  • Jorge Lopez Jorge Lopez
    ✭✭  / 
    Pie is here  :) :)
  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    Yup Pie is here. Here's the official tweet.

• Jason Maher Jason Maher
    ✭✭  / 
    Great to see HMD keeping up with updates, even if they are a few months late.
  • Ravi Deol Ravi Deol
    ✭✭  / 
    I received pie update on 5.1 today
  • Ravi Deol Ravi Deol
    ✭✭  / 

• notiz notiz
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Has anybody in Europe received it yet?
  • andrew.877 andrew.877
    ✭✭✭  / 
    notiz said:
    Use this and done . Don't need to wait [ https://nokiapoweruser.com/you-can-force-pie-recent-updates-on-nokia-smartphones-using-vpn-trick/ ]
  • Got pie update today!!!
  • zondajag zondajag
    ✭✭  / 
    Tried the VPN trick with Tunnelbear in the UK tunnelling to India. VPN trick doesn't work
  • Retro64 Retro64
    ✭✭  / 
    notiz said:
    At least no rollout in Germany on European 32/3gb yet
  • zondajag zondajag
    ✭✭  / 
    I'll be trying the VPN trick again but before I do can anyone confirm the TA-1061 has been updated somewhere in the world?
  • zondajag zondajag
    ✭✭  / 
    If only Nokia had a page where they kept all their OTA updates...
  • Krikereg Krikereg
    ✭✭  / 
    Stats Wars 10: The Phantom Update...
    It looks like they only updated the Indian TA-1076, being India the only market they care for.
    The rest is vaporware. 
  • PeterPkp PeterPkp
    ✭✭  / 
    PLEASE UPDATE NOKIA IN EUROPE
  • kolibri666 kolibri666
    ✭✭  / 
    Just got this update using VPN trick. 
    UPD: just switch ur country to India
  • PeterPkp PeterPkp
    ✭✭  / 
    Just got this update using VPN trick. 
    UPD: just switch ur country to India

HMM... I tried it and it doesn't work! I followed all the steps! Is there any way to have the update earlier?
  • Tiklu63 Tiklu63
    ✭✭  /  edited March 21
    The update has bugs I guess video from many apps show black screen. After restart they play though but again after few play the same black screen , only audio can be heard. Other videos plays fine . Might be some compatibility issue which needs to be addressed quickly . Twice it also didn't accept the password after restart , had to be shut down and restarted.
  • kolibri666 kolibri666
    ✭✭  / 
    Tiklu63 said:
    The update has bugs I guess video from many apps show black screen. After restart they play though but again after few play the same black screen , only audio can be heard. Other videos plays fine . Might be some compatibility issue which needs to be addressed quickly . Twice it also didn't accept the password after restart , had to be shut down and restarted.
    The issues are related to the Android Pie🥧 in general. I mean, almost every single phone has less battery life, some kind of issues with video and so on. It's not HMD's fault. Y'all just need to wait until Google releases Android 9.1 in which everything could be fixed😐
  • andrew.877 andrew.877
    ✭✭✭  /  edited March 21
    zondajag said:
    Tried the VPN trick with Tunnelbear in the UK tunnelling to India. VPN trick doesn't work
    For me work on Nokia 3.1 ( 100 % )

You do not know how to use it. If you did that, it's impossible not to work
  • andrew.877 andrew.877
    ✭✭✭  / 

Something else besides giving hate I do not know
Prev1