Home General Ideas

Nokia phones materials and cameras

Why are all Nokia phones now made of plastic and have 2 megapixel cameras?

Nokia phones materials and cameras

mkolpak mkolpak
✭✭  / 
Why are all Nokia phones now made of plastic and have 2 megapixel cameras? Give us back cell phones made of good materials and with good cameras!)
P.s. Shot on Nokia 8.

Comments

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Why are all Nokia phones now made of plastic and have 2 megapixel cameras? Give us back cell phones made of good materials and with good cameras!)
    P.s. Shot on Nokia 8.
    I guess you are referring to featurephones here. As you know making phones using metal increases the cost and not many in today's world want a feature phone made out of metal that costs $100 and above.
    However, I feel they should have used metal instead of plastic on the new Nokia 8110 4G. It would have made it a look more premium than a plastic toy. 
  • mkolpak mkolpak
    ✭✭  / 
    P.s. Shot on Nokia 8.
    I guess you are referring to featurephones here. As you know making phones using metal increases the cost and not many in today's world want a feature phone made out of metal that costs $100 and above.
    However, I feel they should have used metal instead of plastic on the new Nokia 8110 4G. It would have made it a look more premium than a plastic toy. 
    But I think that plastic phones can be more beautiful, for example take nokia X2-00. It seems better than 8110... Maybe they specifically degrade their appearance and do not want to waste time on push-button phones...
  • Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    But I think that plastic phones can be more beautiful, for example take nokia X2-00. It seems better than 8110... Maybe they specifically degrade their appearance and do not want to waste time on push-button phones...
    Ohh yes. Nokia X2-00 was my 1st phone and this beautiful little feature phone has many good and bad memories attached.

Nokia 8110 is from a different era so i can't compare it to the Nokia X2-00's design as that would not be fair. Nokia 8110 was definitely the best looking phone of its time. But yes, current feature phones are no where close in design to older feature phones from Nokia. Just look at the Nokia ASHA 210, 310, 210, 205, etc etc. All were unique and beautiful look featurephones. I like the Nokia 3310 and Nokia 8110 from current gen feature phones in terms of design. I like Nokia 230's design too but that's not designed under HMD so I won't consider it current gen. 😁