Faulty Forum Software?

What kind of stupid forum software is this?

Faulty Forum Software?

martin.fd martin.fd
✭✭✭✭  /  edited March 2019
What kind of stupid forum software is this? A post I wrote on January 20th
was posted again exactly the same way (not by me):
Has this happened to you before?!

Comments

• megan megan
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hello Martin. 

This is a mistake on our end when clearing the moderation feed it has then duplicated older comments. 

We are currently working to clear this up. 

Thank you

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Thank you! Good to know that you take care of us ... B)o:)

• marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @megan how about the ancient problem of the mobile version of the forum, where the image uploading dialog keeps appearing when pointing at some text to edit? This has been reported ever since your bosses have so proudly marketed this "new" community. Absolutely nothing has been done, ever, wtf is this kind of ignorance?
  • HMDLaura HMDLaura
    Staff member  / 
    @marsic

Actually this problem was addressed with the new "My Phone" app and should work now properly. At least we don't see this issue anymore on our end 
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @hmdlaura, @HMD_Laura I'm viewing the forum in a browser (Firefox) on my phone. I'll give the app a try, thanks for the tip. It drove me mad
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    When will be the final version of the website? :smiley:

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Staff appear for forum problems but remain well hidden when it comes to phone issues :lol:

• HMDLaura HMDLaura
    Staff member  /  edited March 2019
    @mrbelter that's because we are in charge for the Forum and its issues. We do forward the phone issues as well. 
  • martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    That's good to know as well - but it would be even better, if someone in charge of the phones would be present/visible here (at least from time to time) ....

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    HMD_Laura said:
    @marsic

Actually this problem was addressed with the new "My Phone" app and should work now properly. At least we don't see this issue anymore on our end 
    The "want to add a picture when trying to edit the text" problem still exists in the My phone app, not quite as pronounced as in Chrome but still annoying ...

• martin.fd martin.fd
    P.S.: The order of the entries on the "Nokia 8 - Recent discussions" page is also not correct, there is still an entry from 2:38PM at the top:

although there are already newer contributions from 3:08 PM:

and this one from 3:33 PM
  • martin.fd martin.fd
    @HMD_Laura & @megan : Why isn't this thread updatet in the forum list ...?!
  • Hugh Matthews Hugh Matthews
    ✭✭✭  / 
    The image upload issue is extremely annoying and really needs fixing. Editing has become easier, but the auto spelling function frequently fails. Perhaps the s/w doesn't take into account that many users several languages? I write in English but live in Denmark and translate from Danish and Norwegian as well as writing to people in Brazil. Advanced multilingual phones need a discussion site that can handle them.
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    HMD_Laura said:
    @mrbelter that's because we are in charge for the Forum and its issues. We do forward the phone issues as well. 
    Laura it would be wonderful if you could suggest to the powers that be that interacting with users when the going isn't so smooth does so much more for a brand than burying your head in the sand. When you read tweets these days regarding Nokia it is overwhelmingly people venting about problem after problem they have with a Nokia device and they get angry because no one tells them anything, all they see is HMD employees fawning over the nicer comments.
  • Hugh Matthews Hugh Matthews
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @HMD_Laura Hi Laura, I have just spent a lot of time here this morning and the two text-entry issues mentioned also by martin.fd have almost driven me crazy. They really must be fixed! And so must the Chat function for that matter. It is time the serious Nokia 8 users on this forum were listened to by the people at HMD who can fix the issues.
    To me, a modern phone without a compass and which fails to log photo locations in ideal conditions is nothing but a delightful chunk of anodized aluminium with a shiny front!