I have been using this phone for a month. Following, I shall try to describe thing I like, dislike, issues and gimmicks; everything I have on this phone.• Issues
1. The application management is iffy and cruel. It kills apps in background, after screen has been locked for some time.
2. The icons are sometimes hidden due to notch and there is just a single dot. It is frustrating at times when I can't see the Network bars.
3. The UI has trouble adapting itself to screen dimensions after I change the display size to small and font size to small.
4. Status bar, when pulled down, pulls some of battery and clock information with itself.
5. Music playback stutters sometimes when I play it over bluetooth.
6. The exposure option in Pro Mode of Camera does not work.
7. Video playback has a sharpening effect to itself and it is very distracting. Using SW decoder and RGB 32 output in setting solves this.• LIKES
1. The glass design looks good. Likewise, it feels good in hand. Just have to wipe it more often.
2. The lone speaker sounds good. Though it is best upto 70% of volume, anything further makes it jitter.
3. Battery backup, if not excellent, is decent. I get about 6 hours of screentime with mixed usage of watching videos, browsing and calling.
4. Performance in day-to-day operations is good. Everything is fluid and just works, though faced some stutter with music playback when screen is off.
5. Although this phone lacks any fast charging, its charging speed is rather good. I assume it is because its battery capacity is rather small at 3000 mAh.
6. Screen brigthness is good. Usable outdoors and visible under sunlight.
7. The earpiece is loud and clear. Call quality is good.
8. FP Sensor unlocks the phone fast. Though it takes sometime before someone can locate it at the back, as it sits mostly flush with the back.• DISLIKES
1. Camera quality is bad. Hard to grasp how HMD can fail such a crucial part of a phone for which Nokia was known for.
2. The notch brings more problem for the user than the screen space it frees for the user.
3. Display resolution is not adequate for a display of this size. Nokia should have provided a full HD resolution display for this phone. Its little sibling, the vanilla 5.1 gets it.
4. Nokia After-Sales Service. My friend had a very bad experience with them after 6.1's proximity sensor went haywire. I am afraid of the same in case my phone has any problem and I have to deal with them.
5. WHY DOES IT KEEP KILLING MY APPLICATIONS IN BACKGROUND?
No support for unlocking bootloader.
I will keep updating this thread as I use this phone and explore its options.