Pie Update Disabled Mobile Data

My Sirocco no longer has mobile data after Pie Update.

Pie Update Disabled Mobile Data

tzsm98 tzsm98
✭✭  / 
My Sirocco no longer has mobile data after Pie Update. I've been to the carrier store (T-Mobile US) and have replaced the SIM, downloaded updated carrier settings, full reset of the device. No happiness. Had I known this was going to be the result I would have remained on Oreo.
Tagged:

Comments

• Pyves Pyves
    ✭✭  / 
    Have you tried a factory reset? 
  • rennie allen rennie allen
    ✭✭  /  edited May 2
    It did the same for me. I thought I was the only one as I checked here a few times and didn't see anything back in Jan/Feb. It doesn't always disable mobile data, but it happens A LOT and you need to reset the device to get it back (might only last another 15 - 30 minutes before it disables again).

Did doing a factory reset help anyone else with this problem?
    ✭✭  / 
    Apparently not, as I just spent 2 hours doing a factory reset and no mobile data right away.
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Looks like the modem might not be rightfully updated while keeping the US carriers in mind. Did they officially sell Sirocco to the US? If not, that should be the fair reason why this bug has happened.
    ✭✭  /  edited May 2
    Yes, they sold the sirocco in the US.

I have noted that I never saw any mobile data problems with android 8 (for more than 3 months) and that I had no problems while in Japan with Android 9, but it was sold here, and should work here. 
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Yes, they sold the sirocco in the US.

I have noted that I never saw any mobile data problems with android 8 (for more than 3 months) and that I had no problems while in Japan with Android 9, but it was sold here, and should work here. 
    Hi, I looked for information but it looks like they never launched it officially in the US. Can you please double check with the source?
    I assumed this at first because a similar issue happened with a phone I imported from China. It worked mobile data, but didn't after updated. I was told by Nokia that the phone is not compatible in my region and not sold there.
  • ArkBrea ArkBrea
    ✭✭  / 
    this was the reason i dont want to upgrade to android pie.. i buy my sirocco in japan.. and im from philippines... hope hmd fix this issue so i can upgrade to pie.
  • ArkBrea ArkBrea
    ✭✭  / 
    my sirocco automatically update to pie without my consent. no problem so far about mobile data. hope will not get that issue.
  • tzsm98 tzsm98
    ✭✭  / 
    I've swapped in an AT&T SIM and have not had any issues since. I placed the T-Mobile SIM in a different device, Nokia 9 Pureview,  and no problems there.