Camera Exposure time Nokia 8

i wanted to take night photos with long exposures but the phone only allows up to 1 second exposure time.

Camera Exposure time Nokia 8

i wanted to take night photos with long exposures but the phone only allows up to 1 second exposure time. is there a way to bypass this limit since it seems like a driver set limit. can it be unlocked because i need exposure times ranging from 15 to 25 seconds for my next project with phone photography

Comments

• mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Not possible sadly, mind even my Canon travel camera only allows 15 seconds at ISO 80, i have to get the DSLRs out for longer exposures.
  • martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭  /  edited March 22
    Unfortunately, long time exposures are not possible ... :'(

• ignas ignas
    ✭✭✭  / 
    It's not even a second, it's half a second.

The LG G6 can go as low as 30 seconds with the same sensor, so that shouldn't be a limiting factor. But I don't know exactly what else goes into the hardware side to say what's possible. Open Camera can take it down just a little more to 0.7s though. Mostly I think it's due to a bad implementation of the Pro mode/camera firmware, rather than it coming down to hardware limits.
  • Lendl Payabyab Lendl Payabyab
     /  edited March 22
    if it is firmware, technically it could be unlocked right? might need root or something?

and by the way, i did a 1 second exposure with a modded open camera. it was programmed for a nexux from another forum to take 15s exposured but even if i set it to 15s, max it could do is 1s.

i also noticed FreeDcam reading the camera firmware/driver values so i checked. it seems like the firmware values dictates what the camera softwares can do. maybe updating the firmware or changing the values can do the trick
  • DibyaXP DibyaXP
    ✭✭✭  / 
    It is limited in kernel guys , Nokia 8 actually can do 90 sec exposure.
    Nokia 5 /6 maximum can do 32sec.
    It is intentionally done by hmd to make you buy new phones.
  • user1508938037450 user1508938037450
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Uups. What can I do, when I dislike to buy a new (Nokia-) Smartphone, dear Ladies and Gentleman from HMD Global?

And, I'm afraid, the "new" (Nokia-) Smartphones have the SAME PROBLEMS (the "new" Nokia 9 is the best example for it). Also, this can't me help, too. 😏
  • ignas ignas
    ✭✭✭  / 
    DibyaXP said:
    It is limited in kernel guys , Nokia 8 actually can do 90 sec exposure.
    Nokia 5 /6 maximum can do 32sec.
    It is intentionally done by hmd to make you buy new phones.
    I don't believe it's intentional, the Sirocco launched with Pro mode and it's still limited to 4 seconds. The Nokia 9, the "top of the line camera phone" is limited to 10. It's probably not as easy as unlocking it in kernel, the app needs to support it too. Consider that they're incapable of writing a well working camera app and you get the current result.