Transferring from phone to external HDD.

Hi all  I'm hoping someone can help me. No, not psychologically, it's too late for that!

Transferring from phone to external HDD.

sikkinixx sikkinixx
✭✭  / 
Hi all  :) I'm hoping someone can help me. No, not psychologically, it's too late for that! Lol
I have a Seagate 1Tb external hard drive, and was thinking, instead of trying to transfer the countless number of albums I have on my phone to a flash drive (with which some of the files I transferred just magically vanished), maybe I can just send it straight to my external hard drive and skip the laptop completely.. But alas, that's not gonna happen! Phone says the Seagate hard isn't compatible.
I tried the same thing with my Samsung phone and IT wanted me to format the drive. ABORT ABORT!!
Finally to my question. Is there a way to make this transfer happen? Perhaps a 3rd party app that will help make it possible. I have cables, adapters and connectors coming out my wazoo, so making the connection isn't an issue. 
Any help would be appreciated. 

Best Answer

Answers

• sikkinixx sikkinixx
    ✭✭  / 
    Thanks Shayden. When I transferred from my phone to a flash drive or SD card larger than about 32gb  files would disappear by the times I went out of that drive then back in.......and I have approximately 80gb of music and music videos. But I actually found an app that let me read and write to my external hard drive. It's called Total Commander, with a plug in by Paragon. The plug in has a 2 day free trial then like $17 a month..... maybe lol Well worth the money in my book. 
  • shayden m shayden m
    ✭✭  / 
    Might give this Total commander a try then.. sounds good.Let us know how the transfering of files go
  •  മലയാളികൾ ആരോക്കെ ഉണ്ട് ഇതിൽ
  • ആരുമില്ലെ സംശയം ചോദിക്കാനാണ്..
     :)