Charging issue

I have a Nokia 7 plus and I had always charged it with the fast charger that came with it.

Charging issue

I have a Nokia 7 plus and I had always charged it with the fast charger that came with it. But since a few months my phone started to restart constantly and automatically stop charging and sometimes it just REDUCES the charge while charging with the original fast charger. It has no issues while charging from PC. I even tried charging with another Nokia 7 plus charger but still same problem. Also factory reseted twice. Is it because of some apps or Android pie or hardware? Should I take it to the support centre??

Comments

• MAYET MAYET
     / 
    I have a Nokia 7 plus and I had always charged it with the fast charger that came with it. But since a few months my phone started to restart constantly and automatically stop charging and sometimes it just REDUCES the charge while charging with the original fast charger. It has no issues while charging from PC. I even tried charging with another Nokia 7 plus charger but still same problem. Also factory reseted twice. Is it because of some apps or Android pie or hardware? Should I take it to the support centre??
    It is a major major problem.Regretting buying this 7Plus, there is absolutely no Back up or any response from NOKIA
  • Vivek J Vivek J
    ✭✭  / 
    This has occurred to me for the first time today. mostly I used to get a notification that temperature is too high and the phone would stop charging. But today something else happened during charging, I heard the Nokia startup tone and realized the phone had rebooted.

Lets see if it happens again or not. but Its barely the beginning of summer and so many temperature related issues are coming up already. Such a big mistake of buying this device  :/ 
    Have stopped recommending Nokia to anyone citing the issues I have seen with N7P which is supposed to be one of the best Nokia device made so far.
  • ShaunCro ShaunCro
     / 
    I am having the exact same problem. At first the phone would reboot constantly while on charge, contacted Nokia support and they had me reinstall the drivers through the emergency recovery boot menu. It fixed it for a bit and then started again, so I did a full reset. Now after that reset, if I plug the cable in one way, it says it's charging but the battery depletes even if it's on flight mode!

I have to plug the cable in, and test by pressing the menu button or other key, if it vibrates, it's charging, if it doesn't it is not charging.

I also have to ensure that something is pressing against the cable at all times otherwise is constantly connects and disconnects and doesn't charge. I  have  always used original Nokia cables,y Nokia 8 and this cable, went out and bought a brand new cable, and same issue. 

It's seriously frustrating, put your phone on to charge at night, wake up in the morning to 3% battery! I may as well walk around with a landline!
  • I am having the exact same problem, My Nokia 7 Plus is not Charging using they provided Charger, So i give it to nokia care for checking charging issue they told that charging socket has some problem and still after 15 days they are not able to change charging socket and they haven't any track record for it, Very Poor Service and Very unsatisfying response.

to my friends and family i never recommend any nokia phone after this incident.

if after 15 days they are not able to give satisfying response what shall we do.
  • Artturi Artturi
     / 
    My phone also is not charging. I did send it to the Nokia care be fixed and they said that they found no problems and send it back without doing anything. AND IT'S STILL NOT CHARGING! I am now trying to inspect by my own what's wrong. I think I have to buy a new cable because of this, but the provided cable looks just fine. I can see no problem in it either.