Carrier VOlte support for nokia 8.1 in India

@NIMISHA @Argho Sarkar Is Vodafone, Idea, Airtel VOlte support available for Nokia 8.1 in INDIA ????? Plz give views.

Carrier VOlte support for nokia 8.1 in India

Ravinder Bhambhu Ravinder Bhambhu
✭✭  /  edited March 24
@NIMISHA
@Argho Sarkar

Is Vodafone, Idea, Airtel VOlte support available for Nokia 8.1 in INDIA ?????
Plz give views.

VODAFONE Volte support was available on my Nokia 8.1 a week ago, but now the volte option gone and nokia 8.1 also not enlisted on the vodafone volte supported handsets website.

Even Airtel and Idea website also not show nokia 8.1 enlisted under volte supported devices.

Comments

• @Ravinder Bhambhu Airtel volte is available in Mumbai. See the attached photo.
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @NIMISHA
    @Argho Sarkar

Plz give views.

VODAFONE Volte support was available on my Nokia 8.1 a week ago, but now the volte option gone and nokia 8.1 also not enlisted on the vodafone volte supported handsets website.

Even Airtel and Idea website also not show nokia 8.1 enlisted under volte supported devices.
    it wasntw showing before feb update but now it has started showing. :)
  • Argho Sarkar Argho Sarkar
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @NIMISHA
    @Argho Sarkar

Plz give views.

Airtel Volte works fine since I have bought the device .. It's depending on region you stay I think .. Airtel Volte may not be available there

For Vodafone volte I need to test first then i can say .. I will try to use Vodafone and will tell you 
  • Ravinder Bhambhu Ravinder Bhambhu
    ✭✭  / 
    volte network of idea, vodafone and airtel is available in my city. Even vodafone volte was showing on my phone a week ago, now no option for volte. I made contact with vodafone care support but they said that your phone is not volte supported.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    volte network of idea, vodafone and airtel is available in my city. Even vodafone volte was showing on my phone a week ago, now no option for volte. I made contact with vodafone care support but they said that your phone is not volte supported.
    how is that possible when volte was working earlier.. strange.. i will try to use a vodafone sim and see if volte working or not..
    ✭✭  / 
    @ argho sarkar
    okay brother try and tell me
  • Nokia 6.1 plus no option for volte. Not able to use Jio service
    ✭✭  /  edited March 27
    @Argho Sarkar
    have u checked using vodafone??
    ✭✭  / 
    have u checked @Argho Sarkar
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    have u checked @Argho Sarkar
    No actually.. No body uses Vodafone around here .. Sorry bro 🙏🙏🙏.. If I find one I will surely tell you.. 
    ✭✭  / 
    idea volte?? @Argho Sarkar
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited April 2
    No bro.. Everyone here uses either JIO or Airtel.. 
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Idea VoLTE works fine on my Nokia 8.1 here in Punjab (tricity). Vodafone doesn't :)

✭✭  / 
    @singhnsk
    which app u are using for phone info?
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Ravinder Bhambhu I am using the inbuilt Phone Information menu which can be accessed via the following dialer code.
    *#*#4636#*#*

✭✭  / 
    @singhnsk
    are u getting volte mark/symbol near network range symbol.
    I made contact with idea care they said that nokia 8.1 is not idea volte supported.
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited April 2
    @singhnsk
    are u getting volte mark/symbol near network range symbol.
    I made contact with idea care they said that nokia 8.1 is not idea volte supported.
    Yes, I do. I get VolTE for both the SIM cards - Idea and Jio. I chose to send the above screenshot because it shows you Idea + the VoLTE provisioned flag. The standard status bar screenshot will either say VoLTE icon or the carrier name at a time.
    I was in the same boat as you. I want to port out of Jio but Vodafone won't support VoLTE. And I did not want to port out and then cry without VoLTE. Asked all Vodafone, Airtel and Idea and none happily said that my device will support VoLTE. But did the Idea VoLTE test and it worked. Airtel and Vodafone do not enable VoLTE on my 8.1 in my region at least.
    ✭✭  / 
    @singhnsk
    @Argho Sarkar
    @NIMISHA
    today jio and idea both volte is working.
    see the volte 1 2 sign
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Wow that's really great to know. @Ravinder Bhambhu
    Hope you are happy to use the Volte services. 
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Ravinder Bhambhu congratulations  :)
    ✭✭  /  edited April 5
    @NIMISHA
    @Argho Sarkar
    @singhnsk
    Vodafone also shown the volte signal for 2 days and then volte signal got lost and never comes again.
    Hope this may not happen with idea ....
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited April 5
    @Ravinder Bhambhu I can feel you, it happened with me like most of the user enjoying VoLTE feature and here I was unable due to unknown reason. And then Feb update came and all sort it out and I filled with happiness 😄
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @NIMISHA
    @Argho Sarkar
    @singhnsk
    Vodafone also shown the volte signal for 2 days and then volte signal got lost and never comes again.
    Hope this may not happen with idea ....
    This must be issue with the operator.. Volte signal will be back again. Dont worry brother .. 
  • Shounak Todankar Shounak Todankar
    ✭✭  / 
    I am not getting volte support for Vodafone...did they removed again? I am on May 1 2019 patch... 
  • CJain CJain
    ✭✭  / 
    Check that you have enabled enhanced 4G LTe Mode in mobile network and preferred network is 4G....hope this help 
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @NIMISHA
    @Argho Sarkar

Plz give views.

Whether VoLTE works is entirely down to the operator and not the phone, nothing you do on the phone will force it to work if they have removed support for it.
  • user1555208268263 user1555208268263
    ✭✭  / 
    Yup , if this support volte in one network , then it can in other network,,albeit the network dependency is there
  • Shounak Todankar Shounak Todankar
    ✭✭  / 
    Did anyone received the Vodafone volte support after June update?