Unable to open/edit RAW file

Occasionally, I get an error in, say, Snapseed, that it cannot open and RAW file I send to it. Not sure why this is the case(?) Any suggestions?

Unable to open/edit RAW file

guinnsquirrel guinnsquirrel
✭✭  / 
Occasionally, I get an error in, say, Snapseed, that it cannot open and RAW file I send to it. Not sure why this is the case(?)
Any suggestions?
Tagged:

Comments

• Keith Keith
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Why not use Adobe Lightroom as recemmended? Have had no problems opening RAW files and editing them this way. 
  • guinnsquirrel guinnsquirrel
    ✭✭  / 
    keith said:
    Why not use Adobe Lightroom as recemmended? Have had no problems opening RAW files and editing them this way. 
    Does the free version work in this way? 
  • I understood that Lightroom was supposed to come installed on the Nokia 9.  I remember seeing it their during the initial setup, but it's now gone, and I didn't remove it.
  • The RAW files are DNG files which was a file format developed by Adobe. Not all photo editors can read that file format. That's why Nokia suggested Adobe Lightroom for editing the photos and we can install that app. But what you get with the app is a stripped version of Lightroom. You don't get the full version of Lightroom unless you pay Adobe $10 (USD) a month.

If you lost the Lightroom app, you can always download it from the Google Play Store again no problem.

I've downloaded and used Snapseed with no problems so far. It's free and has a lot of tools you have to pay Adobe for. But I have to admit that I just got my phone and it's the first Android I've had so I'm still learning and setting it up.

There are apps that will convert DNG to TIF files. Tif files are read by just about every photo editor. I haven't downloaded one of those yet but the app Image Converter by
    Paul Asiimwe looks like it would work well. You might try that for the photos you can't get Snapseed to open.
  • Mardev Mardev
     / 
    I'm guessing Snapseed has problems with very large files. I've not had any problems with Google Photos yet. It is of course a bit more "primitive".
  • guinnsquirrel guinnsquirrel
    ✭✭  / 
    Snapseed and Photoshop Express seem to both work fine with RAW/.dng files. Am I missing something?