DO NOT UPDATE TO 9.0 PIE!

Many users have said that their phones are buggy, and unfortunately, mine is too.

DO NOT UPDATE TO 9.0 PIE!

Many users have said that their phones are buggy, and unfortunately, mine is too. I updated my Nokia 5.1 to pie using the India VPN trick (pie isn't available in the United Kingdom yet) and it's absolutely horrible. I had to reset my fingerprints, because it didn't remember any of them, there is a battery drain, and some things don't work. Also, there are many evenwell packages that you will want to uninstall. Pie is not polished yet, and I'm very angry that HMD allowed this to go througu without fixing a the bugs.

Comments

• Android Pie uses AI to improve battery life. Let it adapt to your use to extend your battery durability.
  • notiz notiz
    ✭✭✭  / 
    If you want your Nokia 5.1 to work properly after updating to Pie do factory reset, it worked for me. 
  • notiz said:
    If you want your Nokia 5.1 to work properly after updating to Pie do factory reset, it worked for me. 
    +wipe cache partition, If factory reset didn't help
  • Techygamemaker Techygamemaker
     /  edited March 25
    T_manuel said:
    One thing I've noticed about everyone here is almost everyone sees a lazy nokia brand etc and every flaws without looking at the situation from the other side, they work hard to give the things you crave for in a phone, they delay it to work on it and to give you the perfect experience. ..But even if it didn't fully satisfy you, nagging isn't the way to express yourself... 

I'm not nagging lmao. If its unpolished or incomplete, we have to tell them so that they know what to fix next. The next update needs to address these issues. However, they don't seem to view this forum very often. Pie has had an extremely adverse effect on my battery, and k don't want to factory reset just to fix all of this.
  • > @Techygamemaker said:
    > Many users have said that their phones are buggy, and unfortunately, mine is too. I updated my Nokia 5.1 to pie...

A possible solution to some issues.

Hi this quote was me but I found a solution and I thought I should put it where I came looking for answers. My phone would not make or receive calls, it was erratic, sometimes it rang but could not be answered. I purchased a new phone that then updated. It seems that when my apps downloaded something scrambled my connection settings, I went to system, advanced, reset options, clear the wi-fi, Bluetooth and mobile connection info and reboot then re-enter wi-fi details. It then worked.
  • I am using Nokia 5.1 (2018) since last 4+ months now, last week on 21st March 2019, I got OS 9 Pie Update and I updated it. Since then my Google Play Music is not showing any Songs on the SD Card. I tried all the Tricks such as Refreshing, Clearing the Cache, Setting it to External, But its not working. I tried many other Music Player Apps from the Play store, but the same problem continues.
    Can anyone suggest me, How can I start playing all the MP3 songs stored in my SD Card, again in Google Play Music.
  • I just upgraded my OS to 9 from 8 and I lost all my information on the phone before the upgrade was through
  • I just upgraded my OS to 9 from 8 and I lost all my information on the phone before the upgrade was through

I'm switching to iOS lmao Android has **** me off too much with this. My phone's dying at random battery now, and the percentage it shows isn't real, because It jumps out of nowhere. I've loved Android and used it since I started having a phone but this has annoyed me to the max.
  • notiz notiz
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I do not have the Google play music issue/bug, i found my music right away.
    I'm not experiencing the battery drain issue or the slow changing issue. After updating to Pie i did a factory reset.
  • I P I P
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia 5.1 - Pie update complaints/bugs

Can not add custom ringtone (tried putting .mp3 file in /internal/Ringtones and the add ringtone menu remains empty even after restart +++ using Zedge and other ringtone setting apps failed too);

Music player apps wont show music from any source (internal or Sd card). Music files also dont show in the Audio folder in Google Files.

Battery percentage jumping with 3-4% sometimes;

The volume slider, located on the right is too tiny;

Speaker's volume at lowest is too loud;

• oalgarcia oalgarcia
     / 
    I have a question for those who did a Factory Reset:

After doing it, you still have Andorid Pie but it works well? I'm having the same issues with the battery… but I'm not sure if I should just wait fot the device to adapt again or if I should do something anyway… :/
  • wendyz wendyz
     / 
    call recording apps do not work on android pie
  • I am using Nokia 5.1 (2018) since last 4+ months now, last week on 21st March 2019, I got OS 9 Pie Update and I updated it. Since then my Google Play Music is not showing any Songs on the SD Card. I tried all the Tricks such as Refreshing, Clearing the Cache, Setting it to External, But its not working. I tried many other Music Player Apps from the Play store, but the same problem continues.
    Can anyone suggest me, How can I start playing all the MP3 songs stored in my SD Card, again in Google Play Music.

• dsj dsj
     / 
    I updated to android pie and so far the exprexperi is not that pleasent. Adaptive brightness is giving so much pain and brightness changes in same light condition without any reason.
    Battery optimization is also not that good since it puts most important apps like WhatsApp in hibernate mode so I have not received calls or messages until I open the app.
    Screen rotation is the biggest problem I found so far. When put to the auto rotation mode, it always stays in landscape mode and there's no setting to control that. I searched in settings for all possible options but seems you can just switch on/off auto rotation.
    So my experience is pretty bad so far and glad if anyone has found solutions to these problems.