GPS not working after June update

Neither Waze or Google maps SatNav seem to work after the June 2018 security update. On Android 8.1.0. Neither seem to get any GPS signal.

GPS not working after June update

user1529517476506 user1529517476506
 /  edited October 27
Neither Waze or Google maps SatNav seem to work after the June 2018 security update. On Android 8.1.0. Neither seem to get any GPS signal. Tried restarting several times, and resetting all network settings.

Wondering if anyone else had the same issues?

Also I've noticed I can't pair any new Bluetooth devices (never sees any devices when trying to pair), but I don't do it often so not sure if that's also maybe the June update or maybe an older issue.

Comments

• petrus petrus
    ✭✭  / 

Hello, I have no problem with GPS or Bluetooth. Has the model TA-1004. Try to test GPS and Bluetooth by dialing the code: * # * # 372733 # * # * and you will find the GPS test and Bluetooth test in the menu. 

• I have the same problem and additionally fitbit to phone connection seems to have stopped working too, i.e. bluetooth, the device works fine but cannot sync to phone.
    Cannot use navigation and taxi hailing apps are a pain without location. Restarted phone and reset location settings, no effect.
  • I tried  * # * # 372733 # * # * and the phone passed the test for GPS. Seems to indicate that the issue is with Android-Nokia 8 integration, not the device itself. Similarly, if it was a general Android issue many other models would have been affected. 

• I have this problem only in one application (most used), I even reinstalled that one application after deleting cache & all data didn't work, still have the same issue.

But it's not 100% blackout, the GPS does work, sometimes, maybe 20% of the time using that one application.

Other applications don't have this issue, such as Google Maps, Waze, Pokémon Go.

• I have this same problem both with GPS in Waze and Google Maps as well as with pairing new Bluetooth devices - existing pairings work normally. This impairs my mobility completely...
  • From twitter cam the suggestion to clear all caches and data. It worked for me, best of luck

• user1529902016067, what caches and data did you delete?

I have tried that on the application I have problems with, camera (used by the application), photos, GPS but that didn't fix it for me.

• Hi,

I tried it for maps which did address the location issue but not the bluetooth issue. After that I remember clearing data on a bunch of system services as well on the "Settings" app itself (yes, "Settings" does show up as an App in Settings!).

I do not know what exactly worked, but after the second round of data and cache clearing, BT also started working.

Hope that helps.

• Google Maps, Family Tracker, Google Earth. Everything stopped workin on 2nd of September.  GPS Status Tool was able to find satellites though.

I tried everything else mentioned here… Finally I reset my phone to factory settings. After that gps working fine. Probably Android Oreo issue? Similar cases with Huawei and OnePlus...

• user389 user389
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Both Google Maps and the SportsTracker app lost access to GPS last week on my Nokia 8. Clearing the app's data and cache + a soft reset restored normal functionality. (Maybe clearing the affected app's data is enough, but I was impatient and annoyed).
    There has been to many updates to keep track so I blame Google and their defective update procedures in Android, again.
    --
    Hans