March ends, and still there is no update!

Now march near to be end and there is no fix or security update. i think nokia 8 offically forgotten device now. We are alone with broken compass forever.

March ends, and still there is no update!

user1535316420182 user1535316420182
✭✭✭  / 
Now march near to be end and there is no fix or security update. i think nokia 8 offically forgotten device now. We are alone with broken compass forever. if next first update there is no compass fix, i will give my phone to nokia technical service and after i will take my money back because of no fixing compass.

Comments

• marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited March 26
    Unfortunately that's only going to directly affect the store.
    Fortunately (hopefully), that'll teach them about selling HMD stuff.
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    marsic said:
    Unfortunately that's only going to directly affect the store.
    No it wont, the phone would end up back at HMD who will have to reimburse the wholesale cost of the phone to the retailer, if the store paid £300 for it then they will still have made £200 out of me.

The only person out of pocket would be HMD and if i am honest at the minute i couldn't give a toss about that.
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hmm, I didn't know that that's how things roll in the retail chain, in that case I'll surely get rid of it, our law states that if they cannot get the item in proper condition within 15 (or 20, not sure) days they're forced to either refund the money or, if the customer agrees, to receive an item of at least equivalent parameters.
    Yeah, I'm sick of these horror games.
  • user1535316420182 user1535316420182
    ✭✭✭  / 
    in Turkey; if they can not solve the problem in 20 days, they must take the device and give money back or give you a new device
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    marsic said:
    Hmm, I didn't know that that's how things roll in the retail chain, in that case I'll surely get rid of it, our law states that if they cannot get the item in proper condition within 15 (or 20, not sure) days they're forced to either refund the money or, if the customer agrees, to receive an item of at least equivalent parameters.
    Yeah, I'm sick of these horror games.
    Look at it this way, it isn't the stores fault the item has become faulty is it so why should they bare the cost of it? If the item is still in manufactures warranty then it will end up back with them.
  • masanza masanza
    ✭✭✭  /  edited March 26
    Nokia 8 will no longer receive updates it's 3 years now
  • jdan jdan
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Now march near to be end and there is no fix or security update. i think nokia 8 offically forgotten device now.
    No need to panic. We are waiting just like many other Nokia owners. 
    The models that have received the updates (up till last week) can be seen here:
    https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/security-updates
    Nokia 1 Plus - Nokia 3 - Nokia 3.1 - Nokia 5.1 Plus - Nokia 8.1 - Nokia 9 Pureview

Today Nokia 6.1 Plus got an update ...

Models still waiting: Nokia 1, Nokia 2 (2017), Nokia 2.1, Nokia 5 (2017), Nokia 6 (2017), Nokia 6.1, Nokia 7 Plus, Nokia 7.1, Nokia 8 and Nokia 8 Sirocco - not necessarily in this order.

See also:
    https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/comment/92814/#Comment_92814

• Hardly any of the 3.1's have been updated to Pie and it's gone very quiet, I think Nokia have pulled all updates due to bugs.
  • jdan jdan
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Dave B said:
    Hardly any of the 3.1's have been updated to Pie and it's gone very quiet, 
    This is a forum about Nokia 8. As you are in the UK this might be interesting info in this forum for Nokia 3.1 updates in the UK:
    https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/comment/86244/#Comment_86244

• Pechu Pechu
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia 6.1 now getting new pie build + march security update. Let's hope for the best.
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    March is the worst month to update from HMD and since HMD plans to release more new phones, I don't expect it to improve.
  • jdan jdan
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Pechu said:
    Nokia 6.1 now getting new pie build + march security update. Let's hope for the best.
    Today:
    (only) Nokia 6.1 Plus and Nokia 7.1
    Another 9 models to go ...
  • No update here still, I'm on first Pie fw.
    @jdan So I still haven't received any reply from HMD about 8.1 downgrade, it's been months now. You were saying, you're in contact with them. Care to share any contact/email? Thanks.
  • jdan jdan
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Today: (only) Nokia 1. Source: nokiapoweruser.com Another 8 models to go ...
  • Abbas Afzal Abbas Afzal
    ✭✭  / 
    March is going to end but no security update receive in Pakistan for Nokia 6.1 plus
  • jdan jdan
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Today: 7 Plus - source: nokiapoweruser.com
  • I don't get it. What is in this new firmware (bugs fixed?) and when if/it will be published for Nokia 8?
  • Just had the update, with digital wellness and adaptive battery.
    ID Mobile, UK
  • jdan jdan
    ✭✭✭  / 
    If you have bookmarked the 'Nokia 8' section of this forum you might forget that another source for finding out which models have received the March update is https://community.phones.nokia.com/. Or just click at the top of this page on 'Home'.
    Under the discussions marked 'Announcements' you find the latest comments on all Nokia models. Great chance that somebody has started a discussion on the new March update of a specific model.
    The second model today:  Nokia 6.1
  • Oldmester Oldmester
    ✭✭  / 
    Just received the Feb update.  3 UK.
  • StefanT StefanT
    ✭✭  /  edited March 30
    Nothing in Macedonia, still on 110 :( from january 1
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    masanza said:
    Nokia 8 will no longer receive updates it's 3 years now
    It came to market in October 2017.
  • Nokia 8 to HMD seems to be same as Macbeth to an actor. What a shame. 
  • wild50 wild50
    ✭✭  / 
    It's worth coming back late with bug fixes than in the hour alone with security enhancements
  • roybabu642 roybabu642
    ✭✭  / 
    Now march near to be end and there is no fix or security update. i think nokia 8 offically forgotten device now. We are alone with broken compass forever. if next first update there is no compass fix, i will give my phone to nokia technical service and after i will take my money back because of no fixing compass.
    You got the updates directly from Google, kindly wait
  • You got the updates directly from Google, kindly wait
    Nonsense.
  • user1508938037450 user1508938037450
    ✭✭✭  /  edited April 1
    @Roybsbu642 Sorry, but, you could be worked at HMD. The same words. "PLEASE WAIT".

I can hear this no more. HMD had enough time to reapair it and rolls it out, so as the most of the others (Samsung and so on have it released for her flagships).