New Nokia camera port for Nokia 8

Hello! I want to share with you my small modification of Nokia Camera, its based on linuxct source code, but with some changes to get it working on Nokia 8.

New Nokia camera port for Nokia 8

mkolpak mkolpak
✭✭  / 
Hello!
I want to share with you my small modification of Nokia Camera, its based on linuxct source code, but with some changes to get it working on Nokia 8. It has some new features like new design, stickers, animoji, new dual sight and etc. Also there are some little bugs. You can download it here:
https://yadi.sk/d/-l2Ja9METtt0Dg
And see screenshots here:
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?act=findpost&pid=81786757&anchor=Spoil-81786757-1
Enjoy!
P.s. Its not working on Nokia 5 and 6. I tested it only on N8.

Comments

• mkolpak mkolpak
    ✭✭  / 
    Also I have other good news - I saw in new camera apk mentions about "nb1" = Nokia 8. It means that HMD is now working on official camera update for Nokia 8.

• user1526470024443 user1526470024443
    ✭✭✭  / 
    First of all nice work man.except from beautify that is not working and missing the option for monochrome lens everything else is working.i hope Nokia to release a new update for camera app but really nice job of you.
  • Jivko Antonov Jivko Antonov
    ✭✭✭  / 
    The camera is perfect. Thank you very much. It's the best "stock" camera. The photos in dark situations with flash are perfect. Very bright.
    Finally the camera I wanted. 
    Thank you again.
  • user1508938037450 user1508938037450
    ✭✭✭  / 
    From what for a "CAMERA" are you speaking? 😳
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Jivko Antonov do you have the means (and time/will) to check for network traffic towards obscure servers? You've intrigued me with your satisfaction to this camera, but I'm a bit skeptical about arbitrary modified apps...
  • martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited March 2019
    @marsic: I was just about to ask the same ... ;)
    btw: there is another quite good camera app for free at the moment: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lensesdev.manual.camera.pro

✭✭✭  / 
    marsic said:
    @Jivko Antonov do you have the means (and time/will) to check for network traffic towards obscure servers? You've intrigued me with your satisfaction to this camera, but I'm a bit skeptical about arbitrary modified apps...
    Actually after some more tests it is just a bit better than the camera from Nokia 7.1. 
    Few bugs less, much better photos in low light conditions with flash and better video recording. No problems that you have with the crazy refocus all the time. 

Stock camera is much better wih HDR ON.
    Details looks like are on the same level. 
  • user1526470024443 user1526470024443
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Guys the camera app is great no crush issues! in low light the photos are great...try it! @mkolpak try to fix hdr if possible and minus for the beautify. The slow motion resolution has the same problem as the official Nokia app but i guess is difficult to fix.nice job again!
  • ignas ignas
    ✭✭✭  / 
    mkolpak said:
    Also I have other good news - I saw in new camera apk mentions about "nb1" = Nokia 8. It means that HMD is now working on official camera update for Nokia 8.

Does this imply that HMD is finally putting Nokia 8 on the same branch as other phones? Previously the 8 had a unique apk I believe.
  • ignas ignas
    ✭✭✭  / 
    And oh wow - Pro mode slider works horizontally. What a time to be alive.
  • liftedcorn liftedcorn
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Did you change the signature ?? 
    Does this replaces stock camera app ?
  • jdan jdan
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @liftedcorn
    It doesn't replace the original camera. 
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I tried the camera mod (v 2.2). There is always a shutter sound, even when I disable it. This bugs me off. I'll play with it for a bit, if I can find some dungeon where I wouldn't irritate colleagues...
  • liftedcorn liftedcorn
    ✭✭✭  / 
    jdan said:
    @liftedcorn
    Thanks. Wanted to try it on my 7 plus 😁
    ✭✭✭  / 
    jdan said:
    @liftedcorn
    Thanks. Wanted to try it on my 7 plus 😁
    What is the version of the stock camera of Nokia 7 Plus?
  • guru guru
    ✭✭  / 
    Have tried many ports, but this is the best of the lot. Thanks .will use this before sharing a detailed feedback  Thanks again. 
  • Aleksei Shramko Aleksei Shramko
    ✭✭  /  edited April 2019
    mkolpak said:

Hmd have been working with this official camera update since 2017 ))
    Really LOL