Fix for automatic restarts/speaker stuttering on any ROM

arjun.dhir arjun.dhir
✭✭  / 
Hello,

To anyone who is facing issues such as:

- automatic restart when battery percentage falls
- automatic restart if opening any or most camera apps
- sound from speaker is stuttering on full volume

This is an issue with the battery, you have to get it replaced in order to fix the above issues. A new original replacement battery from the service centre here costs ₹2850 (about $40)

Comments

• Muhammad Umair Muhammad Umair
    ✭✭  / 
    I'm having the same problem from last 3 4 days
    Suddenly phone reboots,
    Opening camera reboots phone
    Slow charging etc
  • arjun.dhir arjun.dhir
    ✭✭  / 
    I'm having the same problem from last 3 4 days
    Suddenly phone reboots,
    Opening camera reboots phone
    Slow charging etc
    Time to change the battery. 
  • Naveen M Naveen M
    ✭✭  / 
    Same issue is faced. But service center saying that whole motherboard is gone....this is very disappointing from nokia.... just for one year facing the issues.
  • Naveen M Naveen M
    ✭✭  /  edited April 3
    with the replacement of battery is problem solved.. Please suggest on this... as i am facing problem without my mobile.
  • Naveen M Naveen M
    ✭✭  / 
    Hello,

This is an issue with the battery, you have to get it replaced in order to fix the above issues. A new original replacement battery from the service centre here costs ₹2850 (about $40)
    Will this really works if i change the battery please confirm....
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Most people seem to say their Nokia 8 has a 2 year warranty (i know mine has), given the phone isn't 2 years old there is every chance you can get it sorted under warranty.
  • potemkin potemkin
    ✭✭✭  / 
    If I'm not mistaken 2 year warranty applies only if bought in Europe.
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    always worth a look in the my phone app though just to double check.
  • potemkin potemkin
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Wouldn't count on that.
    My phone app says: "Unfortunately we couldn't find your warranty". :)
  • arjun.dhir arjun.dhir
    ✭✭  / 
    Naveen M said:
    Hello,

Yes, you can go ahead with battery replacement to get this solved. 
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    potemkin said:
    Wouldn't count on that.
    My phone app says: "Unfortunately we couldn't find your warranty". :)
    In which case you looked and you don't have a warranty.
  • potemkin potemkin
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Not likely. Shop where I bought phone gave me 2 year warranty and it's not even a full year since I bought it.
  • Naveen M Naveen M
    ✭✭  / 
    Naveen M said:
    Hello,

Yes, you can go ahead with battery replacement to get this solved. 
    Thanks for the help..
  • kazor kazor
    ✭✭  / 
    Facing the same exact issues. I thought this was a software issue and would be fixed with the next security (long awaited)  patch. But since you say in any ROM, I'm crushed. Bought this over the OnePlus 5 wanting to support Nokia I feel totally let down and angry. 
  • arjun.dhir arjun.dhir
    ✭✭  / 
    kazor said:
    Facing the same exact issues. I thought this was a software issue and would be fixed with the next security (long awaited)  patch. But since you say in any ROM, I'm crushed. Bought this over the OnePlus 5 wanting to support Nokia I feel totally let down and angry. 
    To rule out any software issues, I clean flashed Oreo 8.1 via NOST but issue persisted. Replacing the battery made the phone flawless again. Only problem that remains is camera optimisation and compass calibration.
  • arjun.dhir arjun.dhir
    ✭✭  / 
    mrbelter said:
    Most people seem to say their Nokia 8 has a 2 year warranty (i know mine has), given the phone isn't 2 years old there is every chance you can get it sorted under warranty.
    Really? Only 1 year warranty for every phone in my country, regardless of brand (warranty extensions are available in some brands after extra payment)
  • kazor kazor
    ✭✭  / 
    kazor said:
    To rule out any software issues, I clean flashed Oreo 8.1 via NOST but issue persisted. Replacing the battery made the phone flawless again. Only problem that remains is camera optimisation and compass calibration.
    You mean the compass calibration problem before the pie update or after, where It went totally haywire? 
  • arjun.dhir arjun.dhir
    ✭✭  / 
    kazor said:
    kazor said:
    You mean the compass calibration problem before the pie update or after, where It went totally haywire? 
    Compass works fine on Oreo after calibration. Only on Pie does there seem to be a glitch.
  • Netun Netun
    ✭✭  /  edited May 13
    I am not understand when solve this problem.From  last April-2019 i face this problem. I am totally upset for it.
    More time i contact with support. I live in Bangladesh,but i bought this mobile from Dubai. Support told me contact with seller. Its not possible for me.
    So Please suggest me how i can solve it. Sometime auto restart my device or open camera then auto restart.

My Build Number -  00WW_5_150

• arjun.dhir arjun.dhir
    ✭✭  / 
    Netun said:
    I am not understand when solve this problem.From  last April-2019 i face this problem. I am totally upset for it.
    More time i contact with support. I live in Bangladesh,but i bought this mobile from Dubai. Support told me contact with seller. Its not possible for me.
    So Please suggest me how i can solve it. Sometime auto restart my device or open camera then auto restart.

My Build Number -  00WW_5_150

You have to replace battery.