Laura please read

Amaze balls Amaze balls
✭✭✭  /  edited June 22
Did Nokia release DP 2 again?

Comments

• vjman vjman
     / 

Hi,

I have the exact same question which I posted in the updates thread. But, if you look at the build numbers, they seem to vary - 305 previously and 308B now.

• Amaze balls Amaze balls
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Yeah I think they released develpor preview 2 again if so what about dp3 and dp4 comes in like 3 days
  • vjman vjman
     / 

Not sure. I don't know if it is a simple matter of Nokia-specific naming convention for DPs or they've corrected DP2 and re-uploaded the same. We'll have to wait for a reply. I am downloading 308B anyway.

✭✭✭  / 
    After installing can you post your review here ? I think they just released it with a new timestamp and I'm waiting for ota so posting your after installing will be helpful
  • vjman vjman
     / 

It might take a while before I do that as I am travelling. Will try my best. Hopefully, we can get OTAs by then.

✭✭✭  / 
    Okay
  • user007 user007
    ✭✭  / 
    Well, finally its dp3

And volte is back and as I'm using it I've noticed that some of the bugs have been squashed.

Must update if on dp2
    ✭✭✭  / 
    It's still DP2 man they just released a different version with some bugs fixed DP3 comes with actual good stuff like the all clear button smoother gesture controls etc . Nokia has not released DP3 yet
  • vjman vjman
     / 
    This seems to be a combination of DP2 and DP3. For example, the "clear button" is missing whereas the upgraded version name is Android 9 (which is in accordance with Google's DP3). However, this build seems smoother, has the June security patch and has a lot of new features incorporated, especially, related to ambient display.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Ambient display and double tap wake is working ?
  • user007 user007
    ✭✭  / 
    Yes, its dp3 minus a few things! Don't know why they've done this :3
  • vjman vjman
     /  edited July 8
    Yes. Double tap to wake, lift to check phone as well as a new pulse-style notification where we can set the time interval are all working well. Looks like VoLTE is back too.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    That's a relief
  • Is jio volte working.?
    Please check n confirm if anyone has installed dp3.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    It's not developer preview 3 it's 2 just a different version and yes they say volte issue is fixed but not sure
  • kimo kimo
     / 

any news???

• user1525822054974 user1525822054974
     /  edited June 22
    @amazeballs it is dp3.
    The new emojis are present as is the description in about device as 'android 9' and not 'android p'
    The recents UI has been uncoupled from Android system and tied to the launcher which may explain why we're not getting 'clear all' in recents.
    But this for all intents and purposes does appear to be dp3.

I hope dp4 is delivered via OTA
    ✭✭✭  / 
    No it's not read posts from Laura it's a new version of DP2 actually it's a mix between 2 and 3 Laura said developer preview 3 will be released soon but she doesn't have any news now
  • Jape Jape
     / 

Does that release have aptx and ldac option? Can anyone confirm that they work or not?

• Wilson Shrestha Wilson Shrestha
    ✭✭✭  / 
    No, I think Nokia just released Developer Preview 3 for Nokia 7 Plus since Android P Beta 2 = Developer Preview 3. And similarly Beta 3 will be Developer Preview 4. Hope this clears the confusion. Thank you.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    All those people saying it's DP3 please read
    ( [Updated 21/06/18]FAQ -Please read ) section it clearly says it's DP2 just a new version 305 to 8B
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hello, @Amaze balls it certainly does but the websites like xda and android authority and other bunch of websites have stated Android P beta 2 is available for Nokia 7 Plus which is Developer Preview 3. But here Laura has stated only a newer version of DP2 has been released. I am also in a dilemma here.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Websites are saying it's 3 but that's not the thing that matters it's Nokia's word !!. it displays android 9 on settings but no clear all buttons etc and actually I read Laura replying to a person that DP3 will be released but she don't know when
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Well I guess you are right it might just be a mix of DP2 and DP3. And proper DP3 is yet to be released.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I also heard essential phone is calling DP3 android P beta 1 so companies doesn't have to stick with the exact naming so who knows ? The worst thing is poor customer support...do have the battery issue too ?
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Sorry, I don't own a Nokia 7 Plus therefore I am not signed up for developer previews, it was just a topic of interest for me that's why I joined the conversation here. This is the first time Google and the other companies have tried to do something like this together so I guess they couldn't execute this properly due to this. But, things goes right rarely with android so I don't expect much. But, I expect great things from Nokia but they tend to keep interaction with the customers at the lowest for some reason and they are not fast at solving critical problems. If this continues like this, I don't think Nokia will be great again.
    ✭✭✭  /  edited June 24
    Hmm... Nokia need to stop making huge number of devices per year and just release like 3 devices and focus on them
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Yes I also think the exact same. They should change their strategy on so many things to make things right.
    ✭✭✭  /  edited June 24