Message Blocking

Hi Guys,  So I'm facing an issue I am curious to know if anyone else is. I've had my 7.1 for about month now.

Message Blocking

Felixc Felixc
✭✭  / 
Hi Guys, 
So I'm facing an issue I am curious to know if anyone else is. I've had my 7.1 for about month now. All was well until two weeks ago, the system all of a sudden now blocks messages from my network carrier and bank. My bank needs the OTP which is sent to my phone before I can perform any transaction and I have fruitlessly tried to activate this. 

The un-archive task only unblocks the contact for a few seconds, when you exit the screen, the message is auto-blocked again and still, the OTP messages won't get in. 

My network carrier is Safaricom - Kenya. 

Comments

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭  / 
    Hello

Have you discussed this with your network carrier ?  What did they suggest?

Regards

Jason
  • Mau Gaw Mau Gaw
     / 
    Nokia 6 (Oct 2017) can't receive OTP from banks, financial institutions, POS since last month. India Carrier Vodafone. Checked with them, with banks, no ones helping.
  • mohan reddy mohan reddy
    ✭✭✭  /  edited March 28
    It's not NOKIA problem, please check blocked numbers list in Messages app. If there are numbers that are blocked and try removing them, you'll get the OTP. It's probably Google's number blocking system that is blocking the SMS.
  • Felixc Felixc
    ✭✭  / 
    jdi000 said:
    Hello

Have you discussed this with your network carrier ?  What did they suggest?

Regards

Jason
    My Network Carrier suggests I change phone, they've said that's an issue with the android model.
  • Felixc Felixc
    ✭✭  / 
    It's not NOKIA problem, please check blocked numbers list in Messages app. If there are numbers that are blocked and try, you'll get the OTP. It's probably Google's number blocking system that is blocking the SMS.

Mohan, thanks, the carrier messages don't have a number, for instance, My carrier is called Safaricom so messages just come as Safaricom. My bank is called NICBANK so messages just come as NICBANK. 
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Felixc said:
    Mohan, thanks, the carrier messages don't have a number, for instance, My carrier is called Safaricom so messages just come as Safaricom. My bank is called NICBANK so messages just come as NICBANK. 
    Yeah, I know that, I used to block the messages from other services which use bulk messaging to send messages to customers like pizza stores etc. Suddenly one day my bank's OTP messages stopped coming. Then I have cleared the block list from messages app, from then the OTP messages are coming normally. This is my experience with that, it may or may not be the case for you. I'm just sharing what worked for me.
  • Felixc Felixc
    ✭✭  / 
    Felixc said:
    Yeah, I know that, I used to block the messages from other services which use bulk messaging to send messages to customers like pizza stores etc. Suddenly one day my bank's OTP messages stopped coming. Then I have cleared the block list from messages app, from then the OTP messages are coming normally. This is my experience with that, it may or may not be the case for you. I'm just sharing what worked for me.
    Let me try this, will get back to you.
  • Felixc Felixc
    ✭✭  / 
    Felixc said:

Mohan!!! You're the man bro! This has actually worked!!!!!!
    ✭✭✭  /  edited March 28
    Felixc said:
    I'm nothing bro! Just shared what worked for me, that's it. Happy that it worked for you too but sad thing is I don't know why it happened in the first place and why it got fixed by this. Strange.
  • Felixc Felixc
    ✭✭  / 
    Felixc said:
    I'm nothing bro! Just shared what worked for me, that's it. Happy that it worked for you too but sad thing is I don't know why it happened in the first place and why it got fixed by this. Strange.
    Well, you saved a whole lot of people. This shouldn't happen though. Hope Google get's to fix it soon.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Yeah, this shouldn't happen but I don't think Google knows about this issue though