Nokia 2, 2.1, 3, 3.1+, 5, 6, 8, 8 sirocco are the ones still waiting for March update

Nokia 1, 3.1, 5.1, 5.1+, 6.1, 6.1+, 7+, 7.1, 8.1 have March update till now

Nokia 2, 2.1, 3, 3.1+, 5, 6, 8, 8 sirocco are the ones still waiting for March update

Swapnil Raj Swapnil Raj
✭✭✭  / 

Comments

• well lot of people still waiting February security patch :/
  • Swapnil Raj Swapnil Raj
    ✭✭✭  / 
    well lot of people still waiting February security patch :/
    Isn't your screen SW ID 00WW_5_140 ?
    Isn't your Pie build V5.140 ?
    You from which country ?
  • user1508938037450 user1508938037450
    ✭✭✭  /  edited March 29
    Und nun? Das, was Sie uns sagen, ist keine "Neuigkeit". Mehr
    erfahren Sie auch nicht von der "Organisation, was" Support "genannt wird. " Wir verstehen Ihr Problem, aber wir können nicht helfen. Wir wissen nicht, wann auch ein Update veröffentlicht wird. Bitte warten Sie (!) ".

HMD / Nokia einschließlich" Support "ist THE LAST. 😡
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I am also waiting for the February update. I have version 5.110 and January security patch.
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    petrus said:
    I am also waiting for the February update. I have version 5.110 and January security patch.
    My wifes Nokia 8 got 140 (and therefore the feb patch) last night so i showed her Digital Wellbeing and she went whoopdeedoo :lol:
  • Swapnil Raj Swapnil Raj
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Now even Nokia 3 is getting March update
  • user1508938037450 user1508938037450
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Yes, of course. But the Nokia 3 is not a/ her "flagship". That's why the 3 HAS the march-security-update, and the 8 NOT. I can fully understand HMD, her "support", her "service". THIS  is one/ THE reason not to buy a Nokia-smartphone, or better, a Nokia-"flagship". 😜
  • And nokia 7 plus neither
  • When will Pie come? This thing has been going on since September last year
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Yes, of course. But the Nokia 3 is not a/ her "flagship". That's why the 3 HAS the march-security-update, and the 8 NOT. I can fully understand HMD, her "support", her "service". THIS  is one/ THE reason not to buy a Nokia-smartphone, or better, a Nokia-"flagship". 😜
    Surely the Nokia 8 stopped being the companies flagship and became just another phone in the range once the Sirocco was launched?
  • mrbelter said:
    Surely the Nokia 8 stopped being the companies flagship and became just another phone in the range once the Sirocco was launched?
    Yep, and if you look at Pie release date for Sirocco, that phone stopped being companies flagship few months before Nokia 9 launch.
  • Looks like some mid-range and even low range phones received update :/

• > @galvakojis said:
    > Looks like some mid-range and even low range phones received update :/

Nope. Nokia 3.1+ in Bulgaria (Operator: A1) and I don't have February nor March security updates. And still waiting for Pie update and now even April security update. Nokia's support told me that my operator is also a reason for a slow update. Now I'm wondering will I have an update and why Nokia is promising things that obviously are not in their power :/
  • toshocorp said:
    Nokia's support told me that my operator is also a reason for a slow update.
    In most cases that's not the truth. And when operator is in fact not releasing update is when update is full of bugs.
  • toshocorp said:
    > @galvakojis said:
    > Looks like some mid-range and even low range phones received update :/

Nope. Nokia 3.1+ in Bulgaria (Operator: A1) and I don't have February nor March security updates. And still waiting for Pie update and now even April security update. Nokia's support told me that my operator is also a reason for a slow update. Now I'm wondering will I have an update and why Nokia is promising things that obviously are not in their power :/
    maybe not your 3.1+ model, but at least Nokia is saying that some people somewhere can download it. With Nokia 8 silence is more than a month 

• Derekrs Derekrs
    ✭✭  / 
    I feel totally let down by HMD''s approach to customer support. I have been on Pie beta and security update since January Nothing since. HMD is now a busted flush and Nokia should step in to ensure that HMD  provides the level of service and support that we as users expect.
  • jdan jdan
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Some action by a Nokia employee on https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/security-updates.
    The page was updated today with the specs of the March updates of last week.
    Still waiting: (3 flagships) Nokia 9 Pureview, Nokia 8 Sirocco, Nokia 8 and (4 other phones) Nokia 6, Nokia 5, Nokia 2, Nokia 3.1 Plus.
  • Ciuch Ciuch
     / 
    jdan said:
    Some action by a Nokia employee on https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/security-updates.
    The page was updated today with the specs of the March updates of last week.
    Still waiting: (3 flagships) Nokia 9 Pureview, Nokia 8 Sirocco, Nokia 8 and (4 other phones) Nokia 6, Nokia 5, Nokia 2, Nokia 3.1 Plus.
    It's almost the half of April now they must release April's update, March not exist anymore
  • Mick1965 Mick1965
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I really hope there's a reason for the delay.
    Because they are working on the bugs and the March update will also be a maintenance release.

But as said before, if the next update doesn't address the main bug's, I'll be rolling back to Oreo.
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    jdan said:
    Let's stick to the facts.
    1 Nokia 8 owners are all waiting for the March update.

Erm, February for many, many users.
  • jdan jdan
    ✭✭✭  / 
    mrbelter said:
    Erm, February for many, many users.
    Correctly so - but the topic really is about the March update, isn't it?
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Ah ok, we'll just ignore everyone that is on an earlier update then, after all it does seem a very Nokia way of doing things lets be honest.
  • snoutbaron snoutbaron
    ✭✭  / 
    If your Nokia 8 doesn't have the February update yet then that's up to your country's operators.
  • wild50 wild50
    ✭✭  / 
    sometimes people complain of a full belly. All flagships have not yet received the March update. They are excellent smartphones. As for some who still do not have the February update, the fault lies only with the operators of their country. Of course this update will not only be security.
  • potemkin potemkin
     /  edited April 9
    wild50 said:
    As for some who still do not have the February update, the fault lies only with the operators of their country.
    Then it's kind of strange how Microsoft, pretty much for years irrelevant player in the mobile market, never gets blocked by operators. Every second Tuesday of every month there is an update ready and always at the same time of day. When I turn on my failing Lumia 950 today I bet there will be April update waiting to be downloaded. But "Nokia" gets blocked. Riiiight.
  • Derekrs Derekrs
    ✭✭  / 
    This does not seem to be true in the UK as people who took part in the Pie beta trial have been left on the January update whereas people who waited for the offical version, received the February update. This is irrespective of service provider. It is solely down to HMD to sort this out!!!