Nokia 2, 2.1, 3, 3.1+, 5, 6, 8, 8 sirocco are the ones still waiting for March update

Nokia 1, 3.1, 5.1, 5.1+, 6.1, 6.1+, 7+, 7.1, 8.1 have March update till now

Nokia 2, 2.1, 3, 3.1+, 5, 6, 8, 8 sirocco are the ones still waiting for March update

Swapnil Raj Swapnil Raj
✭✭✭  / 

Comments

• https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/security-updates

Set to nokia 5, and you see, there will be an update. 
  • Swapnil Raj Swapnil Raj
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Now even Nokia 3 getting March UPDATE. 
  • Dog007 Dog007
    ✭✭  / 
    Well there was a march update for nokia 5 but its not on the way or getting losing the way, so in time now there is not the update arrived, thats the fact.
  • CuriousPiku CuriousPiku
    ✭✭  / 
    With so many brand new models on the list, Nokia has started ignoring its older models. Agree guys? 
    ✭✭✭  / 
    With so many brand new models on the list, Nokia has started ignoring its older models. Agree guys? 
    Nokia 3.1 plus is the latest and yet the most ignored one.
  • Dog007 Dog007
    ✭✭  / 
    At HMD, it's almost like being in a battery for chickens, and the more it comes out, the more electrical waste it produces.

In the long run, this does not speak for either quality or service.

• When are you going to release that march or april security update for nokia 6?
    My Nokia still on 19 February patch.

• I wonder why people ask questions about updates on this forum. I have not seen any HMD representative answering them back with some credible information. This forum is completely useless where users whine and ask questions. No HMD representative addresses their query or concerns.Every once in a while they post threads for new devices and brag about it and then gone...youc an't find anyone to answer your query..lol
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I wonder why people ask questions about updates on this forum. I have not seen any HMD representative answering them back with some credible information. This forum is completely useless where users whine and ask questions. No HMD representative addresses their query or concerns.Every once in a while they post threads for new devices and brag about it and then gone...youc an't find anyone to answer your query..lol
    There's a saying in our country that pain reduces by sharing your sorrows with others
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Apart from being an old phone another thing going against it is that it was not launched with Android One. Also its weak hardware also makes optimising updates for it a tough job.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    UPDATE: Now only Nokia 2, 5, 8, 8 Sirocco left for March update. 
  • chetanya411 chetanya411
    ✭✭  / 
    No March security update till date now for Nokia 5.
    Any one getting update for nokia 5.........
  • Contacted nokia chat on my device and this is what they say:

Your device should be updated within the next two to three weeks.
  • HMD_Laura HMD_Laura
    Staff member  / 
    Hi all, 
    I posted this already in the Nokia 8 category but I got information on the SP for Nokia 5. There was a one-time issue in rolling out March security update for Nokia 8, Nokia 6, Nokia 5 and Nokia 2 due to the addition of new test cases and together with Google, we decided to take extra time to review before releasing the update. The four impacted products will receive March security patch in the coming week.

Best regards, 
    Laura  
  • Guirri Guirri
    ✭✭  / 
    only sp 
    And the bug fix?
  • bhagyesh2491 bhagyesh2491
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Might happen that you directly get the April update as it is just a few days ahead.
  • One of Two One of Two
     /  edited April 24
    HMD_Laura said:
    Hi all, 
    I posted this already in the Nokia 8 category but I got information on the SP for Nokia 5. There was a one-time issue in rolling out March security update for Nokia 8, Nokia 6, Nokia 5 and Nokia 2 due to the addition of new test cases and together with Google, we decided to take extra time to review before releasing the update. The four impacted products will receive March security patch in the coming week.

Best regards, 
    Laura  

@HMD_Laura: now we are on the second week after your posting. When will the march update for the 8 Sirocco now be released?

The way Nokia actually uses to inform their customers about postponed updates can't get worse than actually. 

I bought the phone to get monthly updates, wondering if I choose the wrong company?
  • Nokia 5
    I receive March security update on 21 April

• I feel the same way, pretty frustrating. I chose Nokia to be always up to date. Meanwhile my wife's Huawei is more up-to-date! Nokia 8 Sirocco!