Phone Shui?! By guru Aapo! :D

Hi all, I found this amusing video which HMD made to advertise Android One.  Guru Aap teaches us "Phone Shui"!

Phone Shui?! By guru Aapo! :D

madbilly madbilly
✭✭✭✭  / 
Hi all,

I found this amusing video which HMD made to advertise Android One.  Guru Aap teaches us "Phone Shui"!

I don't know what to say - you have to watch it - I'm speechless! :D

Comments

• wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I discovered it at the time of its release. Watching it again makes me giggle again. 😄
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    If only Android One was free of bloat - because it actually isn't, it contains loads of Google bloatware (all the various Play apps, for example). I have disabled the vast majority of the google apps on my phone because I won't ever use them.
  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited April 1
    madbilly said:
    If only Android One was free of bloat - because it actually isn't, it contains loads of Google bloatware (all the various Play apps, for example). I have disabled the vast majority of the google apps on my phone because I won't ever use them.
    Yup Android One and Stock Android seems to make sense in the past but now other OEMs are upping their software game and some of them have actually surpassed Stock Android in most of the cases. Samsung's One UI and Oneplus's Oxygen OS is far better option for people out there who don't want to be left out of the neat features on Android in my opinion. 

I also don't like Google treating Android One and their Pixel lineup's Stock Android differently. I know Google want their Pixel devices to have the upper hand in at least some way but removing handy new features that comes only on a yearly basis in the form of OS upgrade on Android One devices is pretty bad. I had already listed out some of the features present on Google's Pixel devices but not on Android One devices in this post which you too participated in.

So, at last we are left out to use even more dumbed down version of Android that hardly see any changes with OS upgrades. 

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    You're totally right @wilson shrestha . Even ignoring the UXs of other OEMs, you are right that within "stock" Android the Android One approach doesn't even provide all the features. If you look at the compatibility definitions you will see there are many permitted features which are not enabled in HMD's Nokia phones: https://source.android.com/compatibility/9/android-9-cdd