Nokia 8.1 front display cost 8500??

Hi all , recently my Nokia 8.1 front screen got broken and for replacement I went to a Nokia authorized service care named global cell world which is in Hyderabad,Malakpet.

Nokia 8.1 front display cost 8500??

swethag swethag
✭✭  / 
Hi all , recently my Nokia 8.1 front screen got broken and for replacement I went to a Nokia authorized service care named global cell world which is in Hyderabad,Malakpet. But the thing is they told me that it will cost around 8500 for original front screen .
By any chance can any one know the exact price? Are they quoting more from the actual price? Is it worth going through that price???
PS: irony is it just dropped from just 4 inches and got broken. I don't know what to say about Nokia build on this !

Comments

• Argho Sarkar Argho Sarkar
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited March 30
    You can have a look at this video. It's about the repair costs of Nokia 8.1 .. Here is the link --->

• NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Have you bought from Amazon or Nokia official site? @Sandeepkothapalli
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Both Amazon and Nokia official site had 1 Time Screen Replacement from Servify but that offer was upto 31st December 2018 in Amazon and same was for Nokia Official website too. If you @Sandeepkothapalli  had registered for the offer then you will get 1 time replacement warranty for free
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Sandeepkothapalli have you bought from Nokia official site then you've time to get replacement free. 
  • swethag swethag
    ✭✭  / 
    Have you bought from Amazon or Nokia official site? @Sandeepkothapalli
    @NIMISHA I bought it from Amazon on 19th Jan 2019
  • swethag swethag
    ✭✭  / 
    Both Amazon and Nokia official site had 1 Time Screen Replacement from Servify but that offer was upto 31st December 2018 in Amazon and same was for Nokia Official website too. If you @Sandeepkothapalli  had registered for the offer then you will get 1 time replacement warranty for free
    @Argho Sarkar Thank you for response. Unfortunately I bought this mobile on 19th Jan 2019 from Amazon. I tried to register in Servify by giving my IMEI number but it is not accepting , may be cause of its been already 2+ months.So, it seems that I have no option but to invest in original screen replacement from authorized nokia service centre.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Argho Sarkar Thank you for response. Unfortunately I bought this mobile on 19th Jan 2019 from Amazon. I tried to register in Servify by giving my IMEI number but it is not accepting , may be cause of its been already 2+ months.So, it seems that I have no option but to invest in original screen replacement from authorized nokia service centre.
    Yes right now this offer is not available so sadly you have bear the expenses for the screen replacement.. After screen replacement do use a tempered glass 
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Sandeepkothapalli servify allows first 15 days for physical warranty to register. I think you're late. If you had bought from Nokia official site you would be honoured to get 6 months screen replacement for free. 
    Btw can you post pic of your broken screen? And how did this happened to you? 
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

• Artist Artist
     / 
    hello!
    I have recently suffered a similar case as of you.
    I was charged Rs. 12150 At Dimapur, Nagaland
    Have you found a solution to your problem?
  • divx divx
    ✭✭  / 
    swethag said:
    Hi all , recently my Nokia 8.1 front screen got broken and for replacement I went to a Nokia authorized service care named global cell world which is in Hyderabad,Malakpet. But the thing is they told me that it will cost around 8500 for original front screen .
    By any chance can any one know the exact price? Are they quoting more from the actual price? Is it worth going through that price???
    PS: irony is it just dropped from just 4 inches and got broken. I don't know what to say about Nokia build on this !
    Hello Friend , did you got replaced your device screen ..? if yes how and from where ..? and after replacement is the phone still under warranty ? Kindly assist me as i too have the same issue of screen broken for my Nokia 8.1 and the service center charges around 12200/-